Community > Posts By > JoLynn

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 06:25 AM

Good for you Jolynn I did the same thing one Christmas when I thought my kids were getting a little too greedy in their gifts requests. I took back what I had purchased and spent christmas day in a soup kitchen with them. Made them see how fortunate they are.
Hate to be in the mall and hear a kid have a screaming fit. Then the mother looks at you like its your fault their child is a spoiled brat.

Thanks bikernurse ;-) That is great you did that. You know though, it feels great to give them those opportunities. And when we pray at night, we remember our soldiers, homeless, family, etc etc...because you know what? How do we know we will always have a home? We have to value what we have while we have it...and my list of things to value becomes more and more realistic everyday. The milk in the fridge, the van is still running, the gas in the van, the electricity is still on...right?

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 06:15 AM

If you raise them right to begin with, and that starts from the age of about 1, once they are out of diapers you never have to spank them again.

<-----haven't had to spank my daughter since the diapers came off.

It's called follow through with the punishment. Hitting a child only teaches them to hit when they are angry or don't get what they want, follow through teaches more cause and effect.

That is true, and I never hit my boys either...and like u said, just don't have to.

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 06:11 AM
I agree...and I just learned that CT allows spankings, apparently even if it makes the skin raised and all. I didn't know that...I don't think that was always the CT law, I believe it's fairly new.

It seems like so many parents run around finding ways to keep their kids happy. They don't have chores, don't have to help around the house...nothing is expected of them. It's not the kids fault truthfully. My boys help do all sorts of things, and they feel good about it...and they aren't looking for a buck for every chore they do...they just do it to be helpful. I also like them to have opportunities to help other people, learn to feel a little empathy, etc. Recently we went with a friend of mine to help serve food at a soup kitchen...and then this last Sunday my oldest went back with him to do it again. This time he also handed out clothes. It's important for them to know when they go to bed at night in a BED, with a PILLOW, and an ANIMAL, in a room with a ROOF and WINDOWS...there are people who are outside trying to stay safe from the elements...and they may not have eaten that night..or the night before. I refuse to raise spoiled rotten boys, and parents need to put in the effort to do it.

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 06:03 AM

rofl rofl rofl Yourthe happiest sick person I ever saw.

hell...i'd rather go to court than to work, lol

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 05:55 AM
Thanks :-) thank God you are all here to keep me company!! See why this place is so addictive?! drinker

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 05:54 AM
The poor kid...I feel bad for him. He must have been terrified. I have to admit, I was taught to drive at a very young age also...but the parking lots were completely empty and very large.

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 05:52 AM
Hi all...I'm home from work sick today (yay), so I'll probably be on alllllllllll day sick

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 05:48 AM
Happy B day woman!!!! flowers

JoLynn's photo
Wed 09/17/08 05:28 AM
Don't give up...have faith :-) biggrin

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 07:24 PM
that is bad...u have to do something

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 07:23 PM

waving Hi there happy
Hi there Jolynn....how's everything hun???flowers flowers

awww...crappy...but thank u for the flowers :-) haha...where have uuuuuuuuuuu been????

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 07:20 PM
waving Hi there happy

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 04:32 PM
laugh laugh

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 04:19 PM
Much better!! :smile:

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 03:37 PM

Booty call-18 to 75smokin

Relationship-33 to 45smokin

:banana: :banana: :banana:

laugh laugh laugh

marry me???:banana: :banana: :banana:

laugh laugh laugh so i could be a booty call...or a relationship...ooohhh 34 quite the magical number, lol
34...perfect...we could get hitched:banana: :banana: :banana:

hmmm...well, how old are you? lol lol

I'm 40...but I don't look a day over 39:banana: :banana: :banana:

Ohhhh baby...let's rolllllllllll laugh laugh love love

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 03:33 PM

There is only one way that they will learn....the hard way.

This is true...

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 03:32 PM
I think a better picture would be good...just difficult to see

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 03:28 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 03:25 PM

laugh laugh laugh

laugh laugh laugh so i could be a booty call...or a relationship...ooohhh 34 quite the magical number, lol
34...perfect...we could get hitched:banana: :banana: :banana:

hmmm...well, how old are you? lol lol

JoLynn's photo
Tue 09/16/08 03:18 PM

laugh laugh laugh

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25