mylifetoday's photo
Mon 06/27/11 10:47 PM

These pictures are gorgeous.

Thanks! bigsmile

They look better here than on FB. :smile:

mylifetoday's photo
Mon 06/27/11 10:37 PM

excellent representation :)
it is always difficult to explain "no darkness" and "20 hours of daylight" to someone who hasnt seen it.
is that the east side of Anchorage?

Yup,

I live by Muldoon and Debarr. There is a small park a couple blocks from me. Took the picture of the mountains east of me from the hilltop in the park. So, looking your way. happy

mylifetoday's photo
Mon 06/27/11 09:31 PM
Spock Prime: You are, in fact, the Mr. Scott who postulated the theory of transwarp beaming?

Scotty: That's what I'm talking about! How do you think I wound up here? Had a little debate with my instructor on relativistic physics and how it pertains to subspace travel. He seemed to think that the range of transporting something like a... like a grapefruit was limited to about 100 miles. I told him that I could not only beam a grapefruit from one planet to the adjacent planet in the same system - which is easy, by the way - I could do it with a life form. So, I tested it out on Admiral Archer's prized beagle.

James T. Kirk: Wait, I know that dog. What happened to it?

Scotty: I'll tell you when it reappears. Ahem. I don't know, I do feel guilty about that.

Star Trek (obviously) 2009

mylifetoday's photo
Mon 06/27/11 08:35 PM

Interesting info! & the
pics are beautiful!:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!drinker

Thanks,

Glad you like it. flowerforyou

mylifetoday's photo
Mon 06/27/11 08:34 PM

What... where is your night time..

and you wonder why I never sleep! laugh laugh laugh

Your not wrong, now I know why you are still awake at 3 in the morning..

Ok I am going to sleep for a week before i visit, that way I wont have to sleep when I am there.

That may help. Can't make any promises though. :tongue:

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 06/26/11 06:03 PM
ALL Time favorite would be Miami Vice or Hill Street Blues

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 06/26/11 05:33 PM
Edited by mylifetoday on Sun 06/26/11 05:34 PM

These are beautiful Patrick!happy

Thanks Holly flowerforyou

I only wanted to show how the daylight doesn't really end. But after looking at them I realized they were much better than I had hoped for.

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 06/26/11 05:32 PM

What... where is your night time..

and you wonder why I never sleep! laugh laugh laugh

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 06/26/11 01:02 AM

The one thing I find disturbing about this thread.

It is blaming all faiths for all the problems in the world.

This was done once. In world war two. Jews were all the problems for Germany.

This kind of idea can only go in one direction.

Give up what you believe or else...

Sadly, I see this idea is growing and catching on.

I am sorry you find it "disturbing."
There is no "or else" involved with this thread.

(Where I see a lot of "or else" is Christians claiming that they need to be saved "or else.")

First you claim to be disturbed that I seem to be "blaming" all religions for the problems of the world and then you complain that in world war two the Jews were the only ones blamed.

Yes, I blame them all, but mostly I blame the dissemination of false information (The Bible and the Catholic Church) and the creation of countless false religions that has separated the people of the world.

And I hold the people totally responsible who refuse to insist upon credible evidence about the information, before they place their life and belief in the hands of an authority and follow orders without question and are lead into war and conflict in the name of a mythical God.

Um, what wars are you talking about???

I can't think of any war that was fought by the US that was done solely in the name of God.

First you claim to be disturbed that I seem to be "blaming" all religions for the problems of the world and then you complain that in world war two the Jews were the only ones blamed.

I don't know what you mean here.

You must have missed my point. This was an extrapolation of the Jews in world war two to your statements on religions in general. The attitude I am reading in your writings here is that religions in general are vile and evil and should be destroyed. That is what is coming across to me in your writing.

World War II the Jews were blamed for all the problems. The Jews were restricted from some societal activities. That wasn't good enough. Next they were taken and placed into encampments where they could be watched and monitored so they couldn't cause problems in society. Well, since we have to feed them now, lets put them to work and get some free labor out of them. Then that wasn't good enough. The Jews could escape. The only real solution is to kill them.

All that started by saying, the Jews are the problem. Here you are saying, all religions are the problem. That is just step one.

You have said a few times now that people are following false information or lies.

but mostly I blame the dissemination of false information (The Bible and the Catholic Church) and the creation of countless false religions

But, you have also complained to msharmony when she didn't take the word "if" into account. This statement you had here is a statement of the belief it is wrong and fake almost to the point of saying it is factual. There is no "if" in this statement.

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 06/26/11 12:37 AM

being unproven or unjustified doesnt make something false,,

You have slightly misquoted or misrepresented what I have said.

I said:
If it is unproven and unverified, then it is unjustified and false. (I am talking about the INFORMATION.)

Reworded:
So, if the information is unproven, unsupported by evidence, unverified, then the belief resulting from the information is unjustified and can be considered false.

It could be proven false with more investigation, but it is not necessary to prove it false to consider it false because there is no evidence to support it. It can be assumed false.

I also stated that however YOU(anyone) want to ascertain what MAY or MAY NOT be true is your(anyone's) own personal business. (And NONE of my business.)

the truth is the truth, regardless of whether it is proven true or justified,

Here again you have misrepresented what I said.

(The "truth" is not "unjustified.")

THE BELIEF is unjustified if it is supported by false information.
If the INFORMATION has no credible support or evidence to back up the claim, then the belief that follows is unjustified.

It is only "faith" in the authority that states it. Authorities like science usually have evidence to back up their theories or claims, but the Bible has no such credible evidence for most of the narrative stories or characters in them.

but the truth wont change, only what people BELIEVE to be true..

It is what people believe to be true that will change when they resolve to ask for credible evidence and proof where it is needed.

I have personally stopped accepting (believing) such claims that do not have credible evidence (proof) to support them.

I believe that the world is in a critical state of unrest and most of that unrest is because of the untruths we have been given and the beliefs we (people of the world) have twisted into these religions.

As far as the term "truth" is concerned, there are many levels of truth, but I am speaking about historical truth. When a narrative or mythical story is taken for truth and morphs into many religions and those religions are the reason for separation and conflict and war of people on the earth, I would think that a movement to ascertain the truth of the information would be paramount.

But everyone is to stubborn to be "right" about what they believe they would rather kill each other over it.

Msharmony, you stated that you have no enemies, and perhaps that is true, but I am speaking on a global level here and about world religions and tribal wars and conflicts, and in that respect, we all have potential "enemies."

Question:

You have stated a number of times that "If" it is unproven and unjustified ...

but then go on to talk about it as it already has been proven false and unjustified.

Your statement "if" means that you don't know. You don't know that it is true or false. You just don't know.

So, what if it is actually true? What if the Bible actually is an accurate historical document?

I don't want to get tied up in details about how illogical it is to be true. That has been debated thousands of times here in the short time I have been a member on this site.

The question simply is: What if your assumption that it is false is incorrect? Would you be willing to let go of your feelings about this and accept the Bible as the Truth if it "COULD" be proven to you.

I put that in quotes because like others I have talked to on other issues, there is nothing you will accept as proof of this. No matter what I could present, you won't accept what is presented. You will argue something on it until you can discard the whole.

I made this analogy before. Everyone has faith and everyone holds on stubbornly to their faith. You can present something to someone that is the Truth. The whole of it is like a beach. All the grains of sand on the beach are part of the truth and support each other. Someone that does not want to accept this truth no matter how factual it is will find something to argue. Rather than taking the whole and accepting it as a whole, they will find one piece that doesn't look right. They will take this tiny grain of sand and argue about it until they can satisfy themselves that it isn't proof but just something that is coincidental that appears to be proof. Since they can discard that one grain of sand - the entire beach is discarded.

This happens when I talk with my liberal brother a lot. If I misstate one factual piece of information, everything that I have said including my opinions on the topic as a whole are now invalid. What he says is, "If I know you got this wrong, you have just demonstrated that you are unreliable and can't be trusted. There is no reason to listen to you anymore." But, I am not allowed to hold him to the same standard. If I catch him in an error, he says I am making a big deal out of nothing and discarding the truth.

If everyone lived by that standard all the time, no one would believe or listen to anyone ever. Because everyone makes mistakes.

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 06/26/11 12:16 AM
The one thing I find disturbing about this thread.

It is blaming all faiths for all the problems in the world.

This was done once. In world war two. Jews were all the problems for Germany.

This kind of idea can only go in one direction.

Give up what you believe or else...

Sadly, I see this idea is growing and catching on.

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 06/25/11 11:48 PM

However you want to ascertain what may or may not be true is your own personal business.

msharmony, "For what ever reasons?" Don't gloss over the reasons. Most of the reasons are religion and politics they have been shaped by religions.

When it comes to world politics I think people should take a good look at themselves and what they believe before they follow their leaders orders to slaughter their neighbor in the name of some (unproven-fake) religious belief.

If it is unproven and unverified, then it is unjustified and false.
Don't be lead into darkness, murder and death by having faith in false information and false doctrine.

The Abrahamic religions all stem from the same lie. And they all have been twisted into something that causes them to slaughter each other. How much sense does that make? How do you know for sure yours is true? Where is your proof?

Don't you think your enemy is as sure as you are that he is right? Of course he is. Does that make any sense?

Well see, here's the problem.

You say it is unproven and unverified and false and fake.

So far, every time I have looked into the history of the Bible I have seen it born up under a whole lot of criticism and degradation.

All that I have seen leads me to see this as the MOST credible of all historical documents. So, I have researched this already. I have looked into it and it is more verified than ANY other historical document by like an order of 100:1.

I also know that you will discard everything I have seen as evidence as part of the "lie." Because it is Biblical scholars that are saying this.

Have you ever noticed that on shows like the History channel when they are talking about anything in the Bible, the format is something like this. "We know the Bible is wrong. We can prove it wrong. Just look to see how wrong it is." They say they are looking for the truth but discard and discount anything that could support it as valid. They will mention it as a point but they discount the point as silly. If they were really after the truth, they would look into things that go against their opinion as well as things that support their opinion.

The Abrahamic religions all stem from the same lie. And they all have been twisted into something that causes them to slaughter each other.

What? Christians and Jews slaughter each other??? When was the last time Christians banded together to fight a war?

The only incident I can think of where your statement is accurate for the Christian faith is the Crusades.

Every other war that I know of that could be considered Christian, are political wars with political objectives fought by countries.

The only religion I can think of that truly fits your description here is Islam. They are technically an "Abrahamic" religion. But their take on the Bible is vastly different from Christians and Jews.

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 06/25/11 10:32 PM
I took one picture an hour from 9 PM to 3 AM to show how the sun sets in the summer in Anchorage.

I took a picture looking at the sun and one of the mountains to my east every hour.

Think this is interesting.

The clouds came in from the north (where the sun was) starting around midnight, so the last three series are actually darker than normal because of the clouds.

June 21st - 9 PM

June 21st - 10 PM

June 21st - 11 PM

June 22nd - 12 AM

June 22nd - 1 AM

June 22nd - 2 AM

In this one the clouds had moved in over the northern horizon. I couldn't see where the sun actually was over the horizon because of the clouds so I took a picture of the brightest part of the sky. The sun was actually off the right side of the picture. (Note: the mountains are covered by clouds now)

June 22nd - 3 AM

Even with the could cover - it is evident the sun is rising again. 2 AM is the darkest time of day...

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 06/25/11 07:37 PM

Assuming you are correct. How would that change anything?

It might stop people from waging war in the name of religion.
It might cause people to reevaluate their beliefs if they knew the truth.

do you want to evict all the Jews from Israel then and give it to the Palestinians?

Not at all. What I want is for America to bring our troops home from the Middle east and stop supporting Israel with billions of dollars.

If so, you should be aware the Palestinians want the land for the same reason you are trying to discredit the Jews. If the Jews are made up, then so is the reason the Palestinians want Israel. They grew out of the Jewish faith as well.

Yes, they all want the Temple Mount, even the Christians. The temple mount is the key to the whole religious conflict.

I think they believe that their Messiah will return to that temple.

I'm not sure why the Muslims want the temple mount but it also has to do with their religion.

The temple mount is key.

So they all give up their faith. Are they to give up their lives as well?

Why should they give up their lives? Isn't knowing the truth better than living believing in lies?

Assuming you are right AND assuming everyone wholeheartedly embraces what you are saying, what is the purpose of it? What do you hope to change that will make your life better? What are you trying to sell here?

I am seeking to reveal the historical truth and expose the lies. But my only goal is to try to get people to temporarily set aside their belief systems that are based on false information and actually INVESTIGATE into the true history of the world.

The conflict in the middle east is not just about religions and beliefs. It is about tribal conflicts, money, power and control.

Granted there are major religions involved and they all want possession of the temple mount. This is where they believe their God will return to them. This region is the cradle of the beginning of civilization.

Once the truth is known, people like the Rothchilds and the Warburgs who have been criminals and smugglers throughout history, will be exposed. I am not talking about a race or a religion. I am talking about a secret criminal organization that hides behind religion.

The entire lie can be taken apart with some real investigation into the lineage of the so-called Jews. Even the Jewish people don't know their own history or lineage.

You are not thinking of the social aspects of what you are saying.

If you can convince everyone that you are right and they really believe that, do you think everyone will just say - "Oh, I'm glad I finally know the truth."

That kind of upheaval has historically lead to major wars. Actually, the upheaval you are asking for would dwarf all previous ones put together.

You still think this would just be ok and everyone will just accept it and drop their swords???

Think about it. In the Islamic communities, it would be clear that the basis of their society is a lie and the people in charge are just keeping them under their thumb. That is because their entire society revolves around their faith. Major civil war.

A good portion would blame the Jews for the problems and Israel would have a serious problem on their hands. Most likely blame America as well because we are "The Great Satan." You think they would accept this idea coming from America without a fight?

In reality, your change would be accompanied by bullets, bombs and missiles. Probably nuclear as well...

Would you still advocate this "Truth will set you free" if you knew it would mean the death of millions if not billions...

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 06/25/11 06:55 PM

So lets start with the Bible. Where is the proof that Abraham or any of those people including Jesus even existed? If there was real proof, the Bible would be a history book instead dependent on "faith."

I have seen and heard so much crap and lies that I have become un-trusting of any so-called "authority" or "official story" of history or of the "news."

So since "Jewishness" and the state of Israel thrives on the idea that they are "God's chosen people" and with that, they have convinced the people of the world that they deserve to return to their homeland or the "promised land" I ask for proof and a complete investigation of the true lineage of the Jewish people.

I ask for indisputable proof of the existence of Abraham and all the characters having to do with that story including Jesus.

I believe the Bible is pure fiction and plagiarism. It has been discredited many times by many different people. Anyone who tries to insist that it is true history, I say bring forth your indisputable proof.

So in search for the truth of the tribal wars going on in this world today, I say to all Abrahamic religions, bring forth solid proof and stop puffing up about your "faith."

I am not asking anyone to prove or disprove the existence of a God. I want you to prove without any reasonable doubt that the information you base your beliefs on (the Bible) about Israel's right to have a so-called "Promised land" and the lineage of the Jewish people is true.

The only way to do that is to research without prejudice. First prove or disprove that Abraham, existed. Prove that Jesus, Mary, etc. actually existed.

I don't think you have a leg to stand on there. But you can start by learning the true lineage of the self styled Jewish nation of Israel.

Israel's right to have a so-called "Promised land"

There was this thing called world war two where this leader of a country thought it would be a good idea to kill all the Jews. That is enough in itself.

And trust me, they milk that event to the max. And the details of how that happened have to do with Zionist and the campaign to force Jews to move to Israel.

But sorry, NO, that is not enough.

It does not explain everything. It does not add up.

So can you prove that Abraham existed? Can you or anyone prove that Jesus existed, prove that the Jews were even mentioned in the early Bibles?

P.S. Judeans are not Jews. Judaism did not even exist then. There is not a person in the whole English-speaking world today who regards a "Jew" as a "Judean" in the literal sense of the word.

In the time of Pontius Pilate in history there was no religious, racial or national group in Judea known as "Jews" nor had there been any group so identified anywhere else in the world prior to that time.

So-called or self-styled "Jews" in eastern Europe after the conversion of the Khazars the descendants of the Khazars converted to "Talmudism", or as it is now know "Judaism", by the 7th century mass conversion of the Khazar population.

The re-writing of the scriptures, the translation, and the creation of Christianity by the Catholic Church along the same lines as current paganism should be looked into.

It is all extremely complicated and if people would just reveal the truth (Catholic Church included) or seek the truth of history without trying to suppress it to protect their particular Abrahamic religion, then the truth will set us free.

I have a question.

Assuming you are correct. How would that change anything?

do you want to evict all the Jews from Israel then and give it to the Palestinians?

If so, you should be aware the Palestinians want the land for the same reason you are trying to discredit the Jews. If the Jews are made up, then so is the reason the Palestinians want Israel. They grew out of the Jewish faith as well.

Really what you are saying is that Christians, Jews and Muslims all would just give up their faith and surrender to ... what exactly?

So they all give up their faith. Are they to give up their lives as well?

Assuming you are right AND assuming everyone wholeheartedly embraces what you are saying, what is the purpose of it? What do you hope to change that will make your life better? What are you trying to sell here?

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 06/25/11 02:05 PM

I just get real tired of nonChristians saying my faith is a lie and I am a fool to believe. Constantly being shown "proof" that it is.

I have never said anyone else believes in a lie. But these same people say they accept everyone and are tolerant of all beliefs. That is patently untrue when they say my faith is a lie.

How can you say you accept me and are tolerant of me and say I believe in a lie at the same time?

Perhaps when we speak of acceptance and tolerance each of us has a different understanding of what acceptance and tolerance is. Msharmony, for example, gave her understanding of the terms and they are quite different than my own.

I had a feeling this was so, which is why I posed some questions about the words.

What do you think MyLife?

How would you define toerance and acceptance?

When would tolerance be more beneficial than acceptance or vis-a-vis?

In what cases would tolerance and acceptance be expected to have a reciprocal exchange?

I have absolutely no problem with people who want to believe in Christianity for themselves. That's perfectly fine with me. I respect that as being a valid way to show a desire to honor God and Life.

All I ask from the Christians is to give me the same respect. If I choose to worship God through a different spiritual picture, just acknowledge that my way is just as valid. I'm making a sincere effort to honor God and Life.

They don't need to actually believe like me. They can believe that my views of God are utterly absurd. That's fine with me. All I ask is that they respect that, for me, it's a valid way to worship God and Life.

Then we could all get alone, and in theory we could even worship side-by-side. Although in practice that would be highly impractical since our spiritual rituals are quite different and would not meld together very well in a single ceremony.

But the point is that we should both recognize that we are both doing our very best to worship "God" and Life. And that should be sufficient.

I personally don't even hold it against atheists for not believing in a God at all. As far as I'm concerned even that stance is an HONEST stance to take with an invisible God. At least the atheists are being HONEST with God by saying to God, "Hey, if you can't respect me well enough to show yourself, then why should I bother placing my faith in you?"

That's a valid point. Even as a spiritual person I sometimes feel that way about God. And to pretend that I don't would be DISHONEST.

Why should I be DISHONEST even with God?

Surely if here is a benevolent God it would want us to be HONEST with it at all times.

What kind of a God would expect people to be pretentious just out of fear that they might upset the God if they were honest with it?

If I can't be honest with God, then what value does honesty even have?

I honestly feel that the Hebrew picture of God is utterly absurd and totally without merit.

For me to pretend otherwise would be DISHONEST and pretentious.

It seems to me that God Herself would probably appreciate my honesty, but the Christians would have God hate me for being honest with Him.

And yes, I prefer to think of God in the feminine. Perhaps this is is only to spite the ancient Hebrews and their male-chauvinism.

I realize that the true spirit of God is totally genderless and not even physical at all. in truth, when I think of God in the deepest most spiritual way I think of God as an entity that is so abstract I can't even put it into language. And I love that God.

When I use a personified image to commune with God I typically use female archetypes. But not always. Jesus is even included in my spiritual pantheon. But he's usually hanging out with Buddha, Confucius and Lao Tzu, all of whom are in my spiritual pantheon.

I actually have a huge spiritual pantheon that contains many personified spirits. All of whom I view as actual facets of the ultimate cosmic consciousness that we call "God".

So whilst my spiritual pantheon may seem like a polytheism to the untrained observer, it's actually monotheism. One God.

Not that this is important. It's just the way that it is. That's all.

But no, I don't renounce Christians. I just don't buy into Christianity.

I pass no judgments on the followers of the religion. I'm sure they all mean well. I just reject the religion itself. flowerforyou

And they can do the same for me. Reject my religion FOR THEM, but recognize that it's right FOR ME.

Pass no judgments on my relationship with "GOD".

That's all I ask.

You can disbelieve in my actual religion all you want. I don't care if you think it's crazy and absurd. That's totally irrelevant to me.

Just don't tell me that I'm rejecting God, because that is a JUDGMENT passed directly on my spiritual relationship with God.

You respect my "religion" in this way, and I'll respect your "religion" in the same way.

I don't need to believe in your religion, and you don't need to believe in mine.

From my point of view that is 'acceptance' and 'tolerance'. flowerforyou

Very well said. flowerforyou

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 06/25/11 02:03 PM

I just get real tired of nonChristians saying my faith is a lie and I am a fool to believe. Constantly being shown "proof" that it is.

I have never said anyone else believes in a lie. But these same people say they accept everyone and are tolerant of all beliefs. That is patently untrue when they say my faith is a lie.

How can you say you accept me and are tolerant of me and say I believe in a lie at the same time?

Perhaps when we speak of acceptance and tolerance each of us has a different understanding of what acceptance and tolerance is. Msharmony, for example, gave her understanding of the terms and they are quite different than my own.

I had a feeling this was so, which is why I posed some questions about the words.

What do you think MyLife?

How would you define toerance and acceptance?

When would tolerance be more beneficial than acceptance or vis-a-vis?

In what cases would tolerance and acceptance be expected to have a reciprocal exchange?

There is no such thing as a "reciprocal exchange" with tolerance or acceptance.

To be tolerant is to allow someone to have a belief / faith / desire that is against your own without telling them how wrong they are.

To be accept is to allow someone to have a belief / faith / desire that is not the same as yours. You will support them if ever their belief / faith / desire is attacked for any reason.

Acceptance is supportive. Tolerance is live and let live.

In either case - acceptance and tolerance are a one way street. You can give it but can't demand it. It must be given freely.

So, anyone that is saying someone else is wrong for their belief / faith / desire is not accepting or tolerating them in any way.

Any statements that imply someone just doesn't get it or is too ignorant to understand or believing a lie is not accepting or tolerating what they believe. It is an attack on what they believe.

Say for instance I believe that Ronald Regan was assassinated for his conservative beliefs. Any statement that disagrees with this is not tolerant or accepting of my belief.

But it is very easy to be too tolerant. Look at Europe with Hitler prior to his invasion of Poland.

I just get tired of people saying they are tolerant and accepting of everyone when they are done telling me how wrong I am for having faith.

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 06/25/11 01:45 PM

So lets start with the Bible. Where is the proof that Abraham or any of those people including Jesus even existed? If there was real proof, the Bible would be a history book instead dependent on "faith."

I have seen and heard so much crap and lies that I have become un-trusting of any so-called "authority" or "official story" of history or of the "news."

So since "Jewishness" and the state of Israel thrives on the idea that they are "God's chosen people" and with that, they have convinced the people of the world that they deserve to return to their homeland or the "promised land" I ask for proof and a complete investigation of the true lineage of the Jewish people.

I ask for indisputable proof of the existence of Abraham and all the characters having to do with that story including Jesus.

I believe the Bible is pure fiction and plagiarism. It has been discredited many times by many different people. Anyone who tries to insist that it is true history, I say bring forth your indisputable proof.

So in search for the truth of the tribal wars going on in this world today, I say to all Abrahamic religions, bring forth solid proof and stop puffing up about your "faith."

I am not asking anyone to prove or disprove the existence of a God. I want you to prove without any reasonable doubt that the information you base your beliefs on (the Bible) about Israel's right to have a so-called "Promised land" and the lineage of the Jewish people is true.

The only way to do that is to research without prejudice. First prove or disprove that Abraham, existed. Prove that Jesus, Mary, etc. actually existed.

I don't think you have a leg to stand on there. But you can start by learning the true lineage of the self styled Jewish nation of Israel.

Israel's right to have a so-called "Promised land"

There was this thing called world war two where this leader of a country thought it would be a good idea to kill all the Jews. That is enough in itself.

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 06/25/11 01:42 PM

Many will refuse to believe when proof is offered

in other words,, nothing will change on either side of the debate, unless the standard for 'proof' becomes universal and absolute at some point,,,

interesting point. is it possible for there to be universal and absolute proof of anything? if so, what would be an example of universal and absolute proof of anything, not necessarily god. i'm talking about proof of something that we have not ourselves actually experienced.

without personal experience, nothing can be absolutely proven, without FAITH in the integrity and reliability of ones sources,,,,IMHO

so WITH FAITH in the intergrity and reliabilty of ones sources things CAN be proven absolutely and universally??? by universally i assume you mean "universally accepted" by everyone.

That will never happen as there are people that will discard real physical facts as coverup in a conspiracy.

There are some that will argue 2+2=4

i'd never discard real physical facts. of course we just might disagree what a "real physical fact" actually is but if you think you can give me an example of what you consider is a real physical fact about god i'll take a look.

I was talking about this statement:

things CAN be proven absolutely and universally

If someone does not want to believe in the topic in question no matter what it is... they will not accept anything as "proof."

This applies to politics just as much as faith.

When was the last time you heard anyone stop and actually say, "You have a point. You just proved me wrong. I will have to rethink this with this new evidence."

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 06/24/11 01:08 PM

Many will refuse to believe when proof is offered

in other words,, nothing will change on either side of the debate, unless the standard for 'proof' becomes universal and absolute at some point,,,

interesting point. is it possible for there to be universal and absolute proof of anything? if so, what would be an example of universal and absolute proof of anything, not necessarily god. i'm talking about proof of something that we have not ourselves actually experienced.

without personal experience, nothing can be absolutely proven, without FAITH in the integrity and reliability of ones sources,,,,IMHO

so WITH FAITH in the intergrity and reliabilty of ones sources things CAN be proven absolutely and universally??? by universally i assume you mean "universally accepted" by everyone.

That will never happen as there are people that will discard real physical facts as coverup in a conspiracy.

There are some that will argue 2+2=4

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25