Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/26/09 06:44 AM
i think that the 'something' that came up was his wife.

have you ever been to his house? met his friends? met any of his family?

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/26/09 04:49 AM
Edited by papersmile on Sat 12/26/09 04:50 AM

what similarities and differences do you notice between the two when looking for someone special?

i believe it's more difficult to find a physical connection dating online.

you don't have too much to go by except a photo, and they are usually only blurry and/or old.

in the 'real life', physical attraction (for me anyway) is built upon getting-to-know someone and it develops as the general interest grows.

i've found that men expect an instant spark and/or immediate chemistry and it's very difficult to achieve that online, or with one quick meeting.

papersmile's photo
Fri 12/25/09 03:56 AM

how's the weather up there Krupa?

I'm gittin ready to drive that way to see my dad for Christmas and he says the I20 might be too bad to try to drive today

DON'T DO IT BRO!

I-20 is at a stand still. Semi-s overturned in both directions of Abilene. Seriously. Even my sis and Phuque are having to wait it out till the roads open back up.

he did it. and made it there just fine.

merry christmas krupa and, if you run into robin, give him a big hug for me?

papersmile's photo
Fri 12/25/09 03:52 AM

Some of you travel all the time, my lifestyle doesn't allow that... So what do you do if you are interested in someone but they live too far away... then you think, why can't you find that someone special closer to home. hmmm... **ponders Then if you ever meet, will it be everything you had hoped it to be? **ponders more

if your lifestyle and/or your finances don't allow you to travel, i'd advise not to get into a long distance relationship. i guess travelling from state to state isn't that expensive, but flying from canada to the usa runs us pretty close to a grand each time!

papersmile's photo
Wed 12/23/09 02:40 PM
are you desparate enough to transfer all your life savings and real estate to me? bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Wed 12/23/09 02:38 PM
i guess i'd probably resort to just pushing him down on the couch and unzipping his pants. if he didn't get an erection after tonguing and squeezing him a bit, i'd think it were a physical problem and i'd talk to a doctor on his behalf (and maybe spike a little something in his drink).

otherwise, i'd most likely take it as that he were not physically attracted and/or aroused by me any longer and decide to either live with it, or live without it (or without him).

papersmile's photo
Wed 12/23/09 01:46 PM
Edited by papersmile on Wed 12/23/09 01:46 PM

Ummm..errrm...*ducks*. Dare I say I have never seen this flick either? blushing

I'm more of a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Grinch Who Stole Christmas type of holiday gal. :banana:

hiya jess!!!

wanna snuggle on the couch and watch it together? we could talk through its entirety and drive robin batty!

papersmile's photo
Tue 12/22/09 06:15 AM

how many of you have kids? Are there times when you wish you could call a taxi service for them to take them somewhere that you can't? I am trying to get an idea on how popular this would be, so I need your input..let me know.

i'v never honestly thought about a taxi but i do laugh at how spoiled some of the kids are in my area that have drivers (taxi and relatives) drive them to school and pick them up (with engines idling) so junior and princess don't get cold and/or wet.

papersmile's photo
Mon 12/21/09 07:49 PM
Someone whose life has no room for a creative process, someone whose life revolves around biological functions, is not someone I'm going to be able to build a relationship with.

are the words parent and creative mutually exclusive?

and with regards to biologicial functions, sometimes when you gotta 'go', you just gotta go, creativity or not!

papersmile's photo
Mon 12/21/09 07:20 PM

I've noticed that myself

if I put on my leathers and black t-shirt with the sleeves torn out then the yuppie prada chicks won't even talk to me

but if I put on my dockers and button down collar, then the biker chicks won't talk to me

and when I put on my big clown feet and bozo wig NO chicks will talk to me

What about when you wear your pink bunny suit?

we take that off real quick. blushing

papersmile's photo
Mon 12/21/09 07:18 PM

..as long as both are legal,and they are fine with it,...it doesn't matter what others think,altho the difference in age may matter to some.... for those god invented the middle finger...bigsmile

i'm not in the position yet, but i bet i'd have issues if my daughter ended up dating a man 30 years her senior, or my son 20 his junior.

well, don't you think it is up to your daughter or your son who they date? picture this, your daughter brings home a guy who rides a motorcylce, wears earrings, acts like a jerk, probably was in the slammer--a real good catch. But he is also your daughter's age. Now, let's say your daughter brings home a guy in a suit, driving a rolls with a chauffeur, good mannered--but 25 years older. Which one would you prefer your daughter go out with??

sure it's up to my kids. i didn't say that i'd dictate who they date.

however, i don't have to like who they choose.

papersmile's photo
Mon 12/21/09 07:13 PM
i didn't mean anything negative by what i said.

i'm sure there are thousands of people, like you, who are devoid of any joy at christmas.

i find that just aging in general takes away some of the magic of the season and instead it's spent bustling around trying to accomplish all the extras that need to be done. that, in itself, is quite a mood breaker.

papersmile's photo
Mon 12/21/09 07:05 PM

age doesn't matter, size still does

naw, size doesn't matter either, it's the motion of the ocean:wink:

says all men with wee weinies

papersmile's photo
Mon 12/21/09 07:02 PM
well if you're okay with it, then why bother with the thread? maybe you don't want to be alright with it? maybe affirmation that you're an okay person still, in spite of not feeling anything special?

it's a good opportunity to get out and do something for someone less fortunature and more needy than yourself. it's puts your health, mental and financial, in a more appreciative perspective and that's always a positive thing.

it might not have anything to do with celebrating the birth of christ, but it is something that christ would be proud of and if that doesn't matter, surely it's something for which you could be proud.

papersmile's photo
Mon 12/21/09 04:08 PM

..as long as both are legal,and they are fine with it,...it doesn't matter what others think,altho the difference in age may matter to some.... for those god invented the middle finger...bigsmile

i'm not in the position yet, but i bet i'd have issues if my daughter ended up dating a man 30 years her senior, or my son 20 his junior.

papersmile's photo
Mon 12/21/09 01:19 PM
Edited by papersmile on Mon 12/21/09 01:20 PM
i've always wondered why people expect others to date someone to whom they are not attracted?

i'd not look twice at a guy with ZZ Top facial hair; it just doesn't float my boat. however, if that same guy shaved/trimmed it up, i just might find him attractive.

of course, he doesn't have to do that to get MY interest; i'm sure there's someone who finds him good looking as he is.

the way a guy looks is quite important to me. however, if there's not a connection in other ways, how handsome he is won't matter.

papersmile's photo
Sun 12/20/09 04:37 AM
Edited by papersmile on Sun 12/20/09 04:38 AM

http://health.yahoo.com/news/healthday/mouthareawrinklesmoreinwomenthanmen.html

Several key differences between men and women emerged: women had fewer sweat glands around the mouth than men; women had fewer blood vessels so less blood flow to that region; the muscles around the mouth are closer to the skin than in men, which may pull the skin in tighter, causing wrinkles; and, although the number of hair follicles were about the same in both genders, men had more sweat glands per hair follicle, again contributing to more relaxed skin throughout aging.

Now this is really surprising.

I would have thought that, since women never shut up, their muscle tone around their lips would be MUCH better than a man's and they wouldn't get those wrinkles.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

* ducks the debris that is SURE to go flying aorund now *

i would've thought we'd not get those wrinkles either - but for a different reason: most men say they are 8" but they are really only about 5". (not much stretching going on) bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/19/09 07:54 PM
i'd stay pretty close to where i am now (toronto). the kids' friends are here, their schools are here, their family (and mine) are here, so all our ties are nearby.

i'd sure as heck travel all over europe each summer though. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/19/09 10:15 AM
Edited by papersmile on Sat 12/19/09 10:16 AM

haha

okay, you win

i'll shut up

(this round) :wink:

Pffffft, I'm not trying to win!

I'm trying to send a message....and see if anyone gets it.

awww i was just playing - it was my way of saying 'point taken'. flowerforyou

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/19/09 09:00 AM
maybe some of them just want the ego boost of making a guy pant over them?