Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/25/10 12:41 PM

I don't know -- I've never tried to change any of my partners, other than to get them to understand why I don't want them trying to change me.

I mean, here's the thing -- if I like someone, if I like them the way they are, if I like them enough that I WANT a relationship with them, then it seems to me that there's no point in my trying to change them. If I felt they needed changing, I would avoid a relationship.

Apparently, I'm the only one who thinks this way.

when you try to change something you dislike about someone you love, you invariably also change one of the things about them that you liked and they cease to be that same person with whom you fell in love.

i've never tried to change anyone that i've been involved with. if there's a big enough issue separating us, then we part. the little quirks are the very parts that are so loveable, when you're in love.

anyhow, i'm straying...

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/25/10 12:24 PM

So you gave it thorough thought,? The image you wanted to portray, rather than just write what came to mind?

for me?

of course i gave it thorough thought. i mean we are talking about meeting a life-long partner here, not just a 5 minute conversation with a never-to-be-heard-from-again stranger.

words flow from me, especially when i'm typing. i don't have to 'make up' things. by being thorough, one isn't necessarily portraying an image, it's allowing the facets of their character to be shown.

i've seen people fill out profiles with 'idontknowwhattowritehere' over and over and over, just to fill out space. gee, just the type of guy i want to date - one who can't even put a tidbit of effort forth.

papersmile's photo
Sat 12/25/10 12:10 PM
hi lex, merry christmas

i can tell you of all the profiles that i've read, there are only a small handful who stray from the typical and overused phrases.

i've always tried to create a unique profile when i'm seriously looking to date as i want to disclude as many as possible prior to their wasting my (and their) time by writing.

invariably, i always get email that indicates they haven't read a word i've written.

all it leads me to believe is that most people really aren't interested in anything i have to say and just want to look at the photos and think a small compliment such as 'you're hawt' will leave me panting at their feet.

papersmile's photo
Sat 07/03/10 03:30 AM

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/southcarolina/myrtlebeach/

Only two more days until I'm there for real.:banana:

haha i, too, am leaving for myrtle beach in the next couple of days. we'll be driving down on monday and leaving the following friday. just listen for us :)

i haven't been since i was about 17 years old and i've heard it's really grown since.

papersmile's photo
Sat 07/03/10 03:22 AM

Are there other chicas out there who are as TURNED OFF as I am to see guys in their 40's and up shirtless on here?

ill ill ill ill ill ill

I mean comeon slaphead .. you gotta know when you're HOT and when you're NOT ..

frustrated frustrated frustrated

i'm turned off by guys in their 20's too, good bodies or not.

i don't mind the odd photo shot at the pool or the beach but the posing semi-nude makes as green as those smilies up there.

papersmile's photo
Sat 06/26/10 06:12 AM

Of course I'm pulling for USA but this year especially, FIFA is really overhyped, big deal or not. 2010 has seen the most marketing ever for this sport, you cannot deny that.

is it ALWAYS a big deal. maybe the american stations are hyping it because america is actually in it this year and they don't seem to care about much if they aren't involved?

papersmile's photo
Sat 06/26/10 06:10 AM
actually, #4 is the type of guy i'm most attracted to anyway.

i love the guy who stands at the end of a bar, cockishly keeps grinning at me, almost daring me to come on over. i find that irresistible.

however, the smile has to be bold and confident, a silly, shy smile isn't going to do it for me.

papersmile's photo
Mon 06/21/10 06:30 PM
if a guy takes the time to cook for me, and it's delicious to boot, i could care less about the mess he leaves and/or whether or not i have to clean it up.

papersmile's photo
Sun 06/20/10 04:05 AM

do women wear short skirts, only to constantly walk around trying to pull the skirt down? I have often seen where a woman will wear a short skirt, and then spend alot of her time pulling it down. If you are that worried about someone seeing you a**, or p***y, why wear the skirt? Just one of my curious thoughts.

well when you sit down, the skirt hikes up a bit so when you stand up, you need to tug it back down to the right length again. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Sun 06/20/10 03:59 AM
i never really paid attention to how many views/winks i get - so i went back and counted them! there were 22 views and five nudgie thingies for the week. i didn't even really think it would be that high. not one email however, only from people i already know.

i've always sent out first emails to people who catch my interest. i've never had a problem with that. however, i'd say 99% of them never reply. it's only fair i guess, i'd say that's about my average too bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Tue 06/15/10 12:30 PM

Papersmile, don't worry the feeling is mutual about your stupid Italian league but your from Canada so what can we really expect. USA baby yea best of the best!!!!!

you can expect that "I" know how to correctly use the words 'your' and 'you're'.

papersmile's photo
Mon 06/14/10 06:08 PM
i used to always think 'lots of makeup, fake nails, always painted, always dressed up, matching clothes, pouffy hair, etc' when i thought of high maintenance.

then i read a woman write that she was high maintenance in terms of emotional input into the relationship and i saw a different angle of the term.

papersmile's photo
Sat 06/12/10 09:44 AM
forze azzuri!

and the rest of you can 'baccio mio culo'

papersmile's photo
Sat 06/12/10 05:15 AM
Edited by papersmile on Sat 06/12/10 05:15 AM
rofl

i remember taking the kids down to the pond to look at the tadpoles and frogs. we caught a pair who were actually mating and even the trauma of being scooped up into a bucket didn't make them stop.

i think i'd be embarassed to have everyone watch me and laugh. i'll stick to coming back as a human being and complaining about it not lasting long enough.

papersmile's photo
Sat 06/12/10 05:00 AM

Good luck to the USA tonight against England. Hope the USA win

actually it'll be the first time i'll be pulling for the USA too. england trashed the vancouver olympics and i'd like to stick it to them. (yeah, i'm such a bitter person!)

papersmile's photo
Sat 06/12/10 04:02 AM

Why must women be so picky when we are all here to gain.They are all not prize winners either but they think they are.WHATS UP WITH THAT.

hey, speak for yourself; i AM a prize winner.

are you saying that women should date men to whom they are not attracted?

papersmile's photo
Sat 06/12/10 03:59 AM
what i most miss about a relationship is having someone around to do the home repairs.

a step broke on my deck and when i went to lowe's to get some nails, i was overwhelmed at the choice - an entire aisle of nails! noway

papersmile's photo
Fri 06/11/10 07:40 PM
i could care less about the US team and its hype but i do follow the italian league on a regular basis and, yes, world cup IS a big thing to me, to many torontonians, especially if you are of italian background.

papersmile's photo
Thu 06/03/10 10:54 PM

I'd rather be in a room full of stoners than a room full of drunks....

i'd rather be with neither.

papersmile's photo
Thu 06/03/10 05:21 PM
hate the thought of my partner smoking dope.

i find it even more repulsive the older they are. to me, it's a thing that teenagers possibly go through but then they usually grow up and out of it.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25