Community > Posts By > papersmile

papersmile's photo
Tue 05/11/10 03:51 AM
Edited by papersmile on Tue 05/11/10 03:53 AM
FIFA is big here in toronto and i love watching all the cars bearing their flags drive by honking during all hours of the day (and night).

i will be pulling for italy all the way (although i don't think they have a hope in hell)

forza azzurridrinker

papersmile's photo
Mon 05/10/10 04:28 PM
i'd think she was out for whatever she could get out of the guy, monetary-wise.

papersmile's photo
Mon 05/10/10 04:26 PM
Edited by papersmile on Mon 05/10/10 04:27 PM
i couldn't do it.

i need time in order for any attraction to build. while there might be instant comfortable rapport, there's usually not any physical attraction until my interest level begins to grow.

it'd be too easy to dismiss someone as potential dating material.

besides that, i'd feel like i was on display at the zoo.

papersmile's photo
Mon 05/10/10 02:11 PM
what's so bad about a duck?

it's better than the bird who pretends to be something other than what he really is.

papersmile's photo
Mon 05/10/10 02:04 PM
Edited by papersmile on Mon 05/10/10 02:05 PM
it seems to me like a lot of guys want a slut in the bedroom and a lady in the living room.

so why can't us women find a guy who's a little bit of both too?

i don't think any of us want the wishy washy geek nor the macho jerk, but rather someone who has qualities across the board.

papersmile's photo
Mon 05/10/10 01:17 PM
i'd ask if i could have 1/2 dozen boxes. bigsmile

papersmile's photo
Mon 05/10/10 03:20 AM
it IS nice to go see the movies with someone else.

i can sit here and write, over and over, how much fun it is doing stuff alone (which it is) but it's also great to have a special someone to do things with as well.

it's been a long time since i got to cuddle with a guy in a dark theatre and have his arm behind my back stroking my shoulder.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 04:30 PM
i guess you've got to join the gays and lesbians in their fight to re-define the word marriage huh? laugh

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 04:21 PM
that's great - for you

for me, i'd like our hearts AND a marriage contract to bind me.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 04:11 PM

[No, people get married because they have been told that is the right thing to do...the only way to define their love (and they have no other legal options) It started out as a moral thing (which I question) and ended up as a legal thing (which I question even more). My biggest issue is how did a RELIGIOUS CEREMONY turn into a LEGAL CONTRACT and why should I accept this as the only way it should be? Why cannot I or anyone for that matter have the right to declare ourselves bound to another in matrimony by our own definition of ceremony?

YOU don't have to accept anything but neither do you get to try to convince me that my beliefs have no relevance or merit.

Oh, and I can't belive you do not recognize the hold a marriage license has on people once a relationship dies and they are left to either stay in an unhappy situation or totally throw themselves onto the mercy of this countrie's court system LOL

so are you saying that you don't want something which binds you together? is that so you can run off easier when the going gets tough?

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 03:53 PM

What it all comes down to is, do you trust someone enough to trust their word. If you don't then you need a piece of paper with all the states legal power behind it.

I am secure enough in myself not to have a piece of paper to help me force someone to stay with me bigsmile

so are you saying that people who get married are insecure?

how does that piece of paper 'force' someone to stay with another?

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 03:42 PM
Edited by papersmile on Sun 05/09/10 03:45 PM
you don't have to make any point with me.

i'm not interested in what you, or anyone else, feels about marriage. if you all aren't interested in being married, that is your business.

for me, it (marriage and all that it entails) is the proper and honourable thing to do.

what i see is that people who don't wish to be married, get all in an uproar about how useless a piece of paper is. if it isn't all that important to someone, what's the big deal about just getting married? why the need to bash the piece of paper, the contract, the government, etc.? me thinks thou doth protest too much - and all that.

Spoken by someone who hasn't been burned. It is a nice thought however.....

believe me, i have been burned. but i don't come on these sites and whine about how bad my ex-husband was, especially since i was just as much at fault for the demise as he was. i just keep that sort of stuff private.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 03:35 PM

personally, i like the idea of being married, i like the example it sets for my children and it's the way i prefer to live.

i don't want to be a 'partner', have a 'companion', lack that 'piece of paper' - i want to be someone's wife, have a husband and be married to one another. it feels more complete, more like a family.

i don't care if they are just words to someone else; to me, they are a way of life and provide a sense of security and comfort.

It is not the words or commitment I have a problem with. It is why does it have to be all connected to that piece of paper that gives the government a say in my personal matters??? When did this religious ceremony become a government contract? Why should it be? Who has the right to tell me I am or am not married because of a lack of a government document??? If there was an Adam and a Eve, were they married? Who married them? What defines marriage?

well, for me, it isn't about any piece of paper, or a government, or even God - it's what i feel in my head and heart which makes it right and honourable.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 02:03 PM
personally, i like the idea of being married, i like the example it sets for my children and it's the way i prefer to live.

i don't want to be a 'partner', have a 'companion', lack that 'piece of paper' - i want to be someone's wife, have a husband and be married to one another. it feels more complete, more like a family.

i don't care if they are just words to someone else; to me, they are a way of life and provide a sense of security and comfort.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 06:07 AM
a twinkle in the eye and a smile on your face goes a long way towards helping your cause.

also, for me at least, no terms of endearment - i find it creepy.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 05:14 AM
probably the realization that i cannot control how anyone else thinks or feels, nor can i dictate what they say or do.

i am only responsible for my own thoughts and deeds.

papersmile's photo
Sun 05/09/10 03:32 AM
i am a genius

right on queue

queue or 'cue'?

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/08/10 12:03 PM

Being wealthy and having financial security are two different things. I dont blame a woman for wanting to be with a man that has that security. If you plan on having children, you def need that security. Even though I'm not a parent yet...I do believe it would be quite difficult to raise a child when you yourself cant afford to eat.

even with having children already, i don't want to date a man who isn't financially stable. what if we ever decided to get married and he's entitled to half the matrimonial home (and possibly more, even with a contract)?

i've worked hard for what i have, and i intend for it to all go to my children, not to share with some guy who hasn't made his own kind of effort.
but seriously, I think if we mull it over, you probably wouldn't get involved with someone like that in the first place - much less marry them. To me, what is really important about what you are saying is that we need to take time before committing to a man to learn if he has the qualities we like.

that totally depends on the value of the man, and i don't mean it in a financial sense but rather in the quality and depth of the individual.

papersmile's photo
Sat 05/08/10 04:03 AM
Being wealthy and having financial security are two different things. I dont blame a woman for wanting to be with a man that has that security. If you plan on having children, you def need that security. Even though I'm not a parent yet...I do believe it would be quite difficult to raise a child when you yourself cant afford to eat.

even with having children already, i don't want to date a man who isn't financially stable. what if we ever decided to get married and he's entitled to half the matrimonial home (and possibly more, even with a contract)?

i've worked hard for what i have, and i intend for it to all go to my children, not to share with some guy who hasn't made his own kind of effort.

papersmile's photo
Fri 05/07/10 02:55 AM
you want to be a booty call for two men at the same time? and don't consider that to be slutty?

i guess i've a different perception of what's considered a slut.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25