Community > Posts By > R & R

R & R's photo
Sun 11/25/18 05:53 PM

None, and I don't expect any.

First of all, women have to reply to opening messages. They don't. I suspect that for a man, you must have a six figure income. Then, have an admirable career, with some fancy job title. Be able to be instantly romantic-constantly. Have the wit of some world class author. Be very entertaining, and ready to fly off to any corner of the globe. On your nickle. Be of perfect health, and not care what the woman looks like.

Or, in other words, perfect.

I'm all of none of those, so I expect nothing.

Sorry...forgot to quote who I was responding to.

R & R's photo
Sun 11/25/18 05:50 PM
Lol...pretty much what I was thinking. Well-written post, sir.

R & R's photo
Tue 11/20/18 09:03 AM
Very good post. Yes, we lived through a lot. People older than me were old enough to party during the '60s. I remember that decade as a kid. Find it hard to relate to those even half a decade younger or older.

Living through the daily body counts from Vietnam on TV and my dad being over there...I don't think I ever got over that. Unfortunately, stuff like the BS from the Warren Comission, Vietnam, etc. has made me very cynical.

Why people believe everything they hear from the mainstream media and gov't is beyond me. So, I don't really think I'm likely to find anyone who subscribes to my views. Maybe, maybe not.

R & R's photo
Mon 11/05/18 10:38 PM
You can use the Burner (or similar) app. It gives out a fake number if you're suspicious but not 100& convinced it's a scam.

R & R's photo
Mon 11/05/18 10:35 PM
Scientists seem to have a very narrow comfort zone.

One would think that they would be more open-minded to such possibilities especially given the revelations of physics over the last 100 years.

There is much we don't know about other dimensions or universes. Heck, there is much we don't understand about the human body or what lies deep in our own oceans.

Still, evidence is evidence and people need to be skeptical. However, when standard explanations don't work then at that point the more uncomfortable notions must be entertained, or one is just being stubborn.

R & R's photo
Mon 11/05/18 10:29 PM
FWIW, I believe in reincarnation.

The ego is a powerful construct that increases our biological chances for survival. I don't believe it lasts after death. Heck, it doesn't even last while some people are alive with Alzheimer's or dementia.

I don't get people who think that they're going to go to a heaven somewhere and carry on with the same BS they pull while they're alive. If that's the case, I really don't want to go there and be with them for all Eternity.

R & R's photo
Mon 11/05/18 10:20 PM
"Polls show Democrats have an edge"

They usually do.

But history shows that means little.

If pollsters were really more interested in trying to find out what actual voters are concerned about rather than trying to force a result, their data might actually mean something.

R & R's photo
Mon 11/05/18 10:16 PM
Edited by R & R on Mon 11/05/18 10:17 PM
Got six or seven political robocalls just today. Really sick of it.

Yeah, I'll vote, but I'm in the mood to vote against every incumbent and every proposed amendment.

R & R's photo
Mon 11/05/18 10:07 PM
Edited by R & R on Mon 11/05/18 10:08 PM
My estranged wife used to do that stuff some years ago. Messed her up big time, as if she didn't already have enough mental and emotional issues.

It might just be that it affects different people in different ways, but from my experience you're better off staying away from it. Nasty stuff.

As for Mary J, I don't think there's ever been a whole lot of serious research done on it in the past? Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that it helps some people with some medical issues. Fine. But from what I've seen over the years it makes people, well, dopey-and exacerbates some existing issues (such as alcohol dependence).

Personally, though, I think the Feds outlawing it is ridiculous. Actually I think all drugs should be legal for adults. Adults have a right to make their own decisions, even bad ones.

R & R's photo
Sun 11/04/18 07:22 AM
My take on the matter:

They are involved with someone for the time being. They may or may not check back later.

They have set up very narrow parameters so have managed to filter out pretty much every man on the site. In fact, you would think some of these ladies are man-haters after viewing their profile statements and look really ticked off and unhappy in their pics. Makes you wonder.

They went back to their exes.

They thought it was a good idea at the time to sign up, but then got cold feet when it came down to actually interacting with someone they don't already know.

Life problems/issues got in the way of their dating endeavors.

Maybe they did interact with several men including meeting in person but were disappointed every time and got discouraged.

Lots of reasons...wouldn't take it personally.

These sites should take down profiles after X amount of time with no activity on the part of the member IMHO.

R & R's photo
Tue 09/25/18 09:06 PM
The most intriguing hypothesis I've heard so far is that our universe was born out of the interaction of two pre-existing universes.

Some physicist being interviewed in a documentary showed a photo claiming to be an adjoining universe "leaking" into ours. Well, I'll take her word for it.

R & R's photo
Tue 09/25/18 09:02 PM
Nothing is ever proven in science. Proofs are for math...and coins I suppose, LOL.

Interesting that people have no problem with theories when they turn on a light switch, drive a vehicle at 70 MPH down a highway, or fly in an airplane at 600 MPH.

All of our modern technologies are based upon theories. We can never know with certainty how correct they are. Look up the Theory of Falsifiability...a theory about theories. Basically says that a theory that explains everything explains nothing.

The basic ideas that Darwin proposed were based upon artificial/selective breeding by Man.

The basic ideas of evolution get stronger over time, not weaker. The ins and outs of it along with advances in genetics, paleobiology, and biochemistry do indeed point to certain past theories on the matter having been lacking. But, that's the nature of science. Theories themselves are open to their own evolution. That's their strength.

People are loathe to allow their religious beliefs to evolve with new insights and experiences. That, to me, makes most religion stiff and un-yielding so prevents people from evolving spiritually.

R & R's photo
Tue 09/25/18 08:52 PM
I believe it arose out of the complexity and futility of trying to predict major weather events like hurricanes in the field of meteorology.

Basically it says that the universe is too complex to understand all the moving parts at the same time, so we have to observe the parts in isolation. So, we fail to see how those parts are connected and really interact with others. What we think we know is at best an approximation of reality.

During the Enlightenment the common belief among scientists was that Nature is a giant clockwork mechanism. To understand it, one had only to learn about the individual parts. The idea of the theory was born out of this belief. A theory is in fact a model. The Chinese traditionally rejected this notion, because a model could not be the real thing, so you could not really learn much from it. But, as we have seen, it is Western science and technology that has ultimately been the most successful.

Also, it infers that we exist in a holistic universe.