Community > Posts By > Burt

Burt's photo
Thu 10/04/18 08:00 AM

So much for respectable and no judgment eh OP?

Sadly these are your audience slaphead

Hey Up2youandme,

I agree 100%....I can't believe I ACTUALLY thought, I could have a decent non-judgemental conversation with people on this site.

But this further proves how awful people can be towards each other.

There is a HUGE lesson here...and one that WOMEN and MEN should take seriously !!!

When you are searching for a person to spend the rest of your life with...watch how they respond when they do NOT agree with a person on any topic or they don't agree with something you do or what Cause you believe in and choose to support.

Watch how they respond to someone who desires to Save the Whales, feed the homeless, how they act toward a gay couple, someone on drugs or a drunk.

Will they respond RUDELY..., will they cast JUDGEMENT, or will they respect your opinion and actually try to learn from your point of view?

It's important to see how a person reacts, BECAUSE... WOMEN,
when that man does NOT agree with you...he will be just as rude, ugly, mean, and judgemental towards you.

Is that the kind of person you want to spend the rest of your life with???

To often, especially ONLINE...people will be rude and socially unacceptable to other people. It's easy to hide behind the screen of your computer and say things you wouldn't normally say in a room full of people you respect. You say things that wouldn't pass the Mom Test. (If your moma was in the room...I bet you'd be ashamed of yourself.)

Ask yourself...would you want people to respond to you, they way YOU respond to people online?

Ouch...that hurts,, doesn't it.

37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Burt's photo
Wed 10/03/18 04:49 PM

I brought up the bible, because of the term biblical
So if the man is led by god, does this mean that the woman, is not?
If not why not?
And if it doesn't mean that, and that she too is led by God, then what is the difference?
And does the bible say that same sex relationships are wrong?
I'm still unsure as to why the women having sex with each other is unbiblical

Hey R2d2r2d2,

I see,

Sure a man and a woman can be led by God. I believe and encourage EVERY person to have their own personal relationship with God so that HE can lead them.

However, a woman is never the head of the house when she is married and in a biblical relationship.
The bible clearly teaches that the Man is the head of the house. He has this HUGE responsibility that has been placed on him by God. NOT HIS CHOICE.

The bible clearly talks against same sex relationships.

Hope that clears up or answers your questions.

Thanks,

Burt's photo
Wed 10/03/18 03:44 PM

So would I be correct in saying, that from your point of view, that to have a biblical polygamist relationship, the man must be the head of the household, and the women, must not have sex with each other?
Is the head of the household, another way of saying, the 1 who is in charge? If not, then what exactly, does this mean?
And I fail to understand, why its unbiblical, for the women to have sex with each other should they wish to.
And furthermore, I really don't understand, what any of this has to do with the bible

Hey R2d2r2d2<

It's NOT from my point of view...it is what the bible teaches.
The bible teaches, the man is the head of the house. It's not a dictatorship, it's simply his responsibility to take care of the family as he is led by God who is his HEAD.

But, your last question is: And furthermore, I really don't understand, what any of this has to do with the bible"

I think the reason we are talking about the bible...is because you asked.

Thanks,

Burt's photo
Wed 10/03/18 03:37 PM

a STARTING PLACE

How does one respond to this situation? The answer begins by seeing that God always points His creation back to the primacy and perfection of the original design. Next, you have to read every book to the end -- especially if it is the biblical context. And if you read the stories about the characters referenced above, you'll quickly find that polygamy was an unmitigated sociological disaster that created heartbreak and sowed familial discord. By the time of the writing of Malachi, God's command to a thoroughly chastised nation was clear: covenantal monogamy was to be the norm.

Further, through the ministry of Jesus, we see God "reset the clock" so to speak to the original goodness of monogamous marital union -- pointing forward to a new society and a new way. He also enacted new provisions to protect women and raise their standing in society. Jesus showed a world that had distorted the meaning of marriage back to the beauty of "the man being joined to his wife, and two will become one flesh."

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/polygamy-in-the-bible/

Hey GalaxyStarz,

You brought it up. NOT ME...

If you are going to bring up the bible and make a claim, then be prepared to back up your claim.

Thanks for your input.

Burt's photo
Wed 10/03/18 03:08 PM
Why does my account show that I have Matches....and then I go to see the matches and don't see the same number of matches that my account is showing.

Often this number is NOT correct or even close?

Burt's photo
Wed 10/03/18 02:47 PM

The ancient Israelites were taught to follow the law, whether that law was civil or religious.

So, what is the law in Costa Rica regarding polygamy?

Hey Dodo_David,

The bible does teach to follow the law. And there is NOT a law against polygamy...
that I know of. I do not desire to practice Bigamy. THAT is against the law.

Polygamy is practiced in many countries, including the US.

But...let's look at your question...since we are talking about the LAW.

Let's say the law says you can't pray to God...do you follow the LAW?

Let's say the law says it is OK for 2 men too get married...(not judging) Does the LAW make it OK??? Even though God says it is an abomination?

Let's NOT take it to the extreme and ask...
How many speeding tickets have you had or how many have I had??? I've had some. This topic is NOT about any of those things.

Read the original post and see if you can contribute based on the original information given in the post.

Thanks for your input...

Burt's photo
Wed 10/03/18 02:37 PM

whoa

Incidents in the Bible are most often there to teach us what NOT to do.

Read about Sodom and Gomorrah.

The books of Corinthians are admonishment to new believers hanging on to old habits.

The OT is full of people disobeying God. Making Jesus necessary. shades

If a person doesn't know God, they rarely understand the Bible in its context.

Hey GalaxyStarz,

That's interesting that you bring up Sodom and Gomorrah and that you bring up obeying God.

Since you have...please show me Where in the Bible did anyone, God, Jesus or any of the authors in the bible talk against Polygamy?

God certainly talked against what the majority of the people in Sodom and Gomorrah were doing.

You'll find men in both the OT and NT who had more than one wife.

I'd love to see what you find. Thanks for sharing...I can't wait to hear more.
smile2

Burt's photo
Wed 10/03/18 12:06 PM

There are many different polygamous relationships. What I desire is a biblical type.

huh

The Tanakh (a.k.a. Old Testament) pertains to ancient Hebrew culture in general and the culture of ancient Israel in particular. So, why pursue something that was a part of an ancient culture?

Hey Dodo_David,

Not quite sure the point of your question. Doesn't matter how old something is (does it?)...I already explained WHY this is what my wife and I desire....(we want more children).

But to your question...Why pursue something part of an ancient culture?

Just because it is or was a part of ancient culture, does that make it wrong, or not worthy of pursuing?

People from the beginning of time, pursued a relationship with God.
From the beginning of time, people hunted for food.

We still do today...many things that were done in ancient times.

I hope I answered your question.

Thanks for your input.

Burt's photo
Tue 10/02/18 08:18 PM

You say 'in a biblical polygamous relationship'. What's the difference between ,'a biblical polygamous relationship' and a polygamous relationship?
And why is it whenever you hear about polygamous relationships, there's usually religion, involved.
You say you hate religion, but use the term biblical , and mention the bible and god.

Good question R2d2r2d2,

There are many different polygamous relationships. What I desire is a biblical type. One man with 2 wives (could be more, but not for me). He is the head of the house as is with any biblical marriage. He loves, cares for, respects his wife or wives, and they love him. They love each other, but do NOT have sexual relationships between each other. That's not biblical. (Not Judging those who do)

A non-biblical polygamous relationship, could be several things...but is usually similar to what I describe above, but they may or may NOT believe in God at all. Often times...it is the woman or the wife who wants a polygamous relationship because she desires to have a sexual relationship with a woman and her husband.

As for religion...anyone can hate religion and love God, love the bible. God didn't make religion. Man did. You will not find religion in the bible.

Hope that helps and answers your question.

Burt's photo
Tue 10/02/18 08:10 PM

Sure...it is legal any where. Legally...a man can only marry one by law....but having a spiritual wedding is not breaking any laws.

So let me get this straight ,Burt

You are married but want to " spiritulize" other women

And I assume when you are in the " spirit" giving mood..your pants are off. Right

Hey greeneyes148,

This topic is NOT about what I do...

This topic was opened to get feedback about what would YOU do. Sounds like you are passing judgement. What YOU do and how you do it...is your business. If you want to be married to a man or 2 men...not my business HOW YOU DO IT??? I don't judge.

I asked for Respectable...non-judging conversation on the topic.

Thanks for your 2 cents...

With the same token...If you want to

Burt's photo
Tue 10/02/18 05:41 PM
G

Indeed woman who should have a couple of hubbies instead of the other way round. Men cannot keep up with several women, a woman can keep up with a few men. Like River said, they need a 'nap', break time, lol.

Part of me feels like if people want this and all really truly are happy with it, no skin of my nose. Who am I to judge?

But... I do NOT like women to be regarded as second-rate citizens, not again, we're just started to get away from that, and I CERTAINLY do NOT condone of women being used as breeding machines.

Apart from that, we don't need MORE children. There's plenty of people on the planet as it is. A normal amount of children is perfectly okay, but beginning a breeding farm, no way.

If polyamory is based on so called religion I'm totally against it as these so called religion -which make me sick to the stomach- all see and treat women as second-rate citizens, often even less than a dog.
It should be forbidden by law. Over here in my country it is.

The only way I feel this could be okay is if a woman also has the right to have more than one husband and if people choose for this, meaning NOT on religious ground as those aren't a choice but brainwashing.
To be honest, I doubt any woman with self-respect and freedom of choice would do this.

The only reason this was ever done a long long long time ago was survival of the species, having strong, healthy off-spring. In order to have that you needed to 'breed' with various partners. BUT -and that is always left out by patriarchal thinkers & religion- this meant that women too had sex with various men, not just men with various women. That was the only way to have a strong off-spring.
These days we don't need that survival strategy anymore as there's more than enough people on the planet. We're not on the extinction list ya know.

Would I go for that? I think that's pretty clear: no freaking way!
I'm not very tolerant of pre-historical treatment of women.

Thanks for your input Crystal...

I can’t say I completely agree with some of what you say...but that is OK.

Women are NOT and should never be consider 2nd rate and women are not breeding machines.

Creating a family has as much responsibility if NOT more for the man or the head of the house. He has to ensure they are fully taken care of...ensuring that both wives and all children have their needs met and not only their needs, but many of the other things that are NOT needed...so everyone can enjoy an abundant life.

As far as religion goes....well I HATE religion. It is the reason so many people are hurt. If you read the bible...you’ll notice that there is no mention of religion.

Man created religion and religion caused a division between people. Causing people to look at the differences and fight about WHO is right and who is wrong.

In the bible...there were lots of people who were in polygamous relationships and it was not a survival thing...although, I think that some of what you say has merit.

In some countries at different times of history, I do think it was a survivial thing.

In today’s world., People do NOT enter into a polyagmous relationship because of survivial, nor to become breeding machines.

It’s a matter of choice...and if a woman choses to be in a relationship because she believes she is a ONE Man woman...that is good. Nothign wrong with that.

And...if a woman bleives and chooses to be in a polyamous relationship because she desires the benefits that come with that type of relationship...

THAT is good too.

Thanks for your input.

Burt's photo
Tue 10/02/18 04:38 PM

For me most DEFINITELY NOT.

I believe in one man and one woman only. While I know some may have what they feel are practical reasoning for such practices it is not something I would even consider.

Just my two cents.

Thanks for your two cents...
I appeciate it!
:smile:

Burt's photo
Tue 10/02/18 04:36 PM

Ahhh you want a concubine who will bear children.
With no legal status or rights.

Not Social Security based on your earnings.
Not a home with her name on it too.

I am curious what you think the benefit to her might be?

No...not looking for a concubine. A wife has rights...and does not even need to be legally married to have rights. Many states have what is called a “Common Law” marriage.

However...in our case....

Having two wives and making them 100% secure...loved, safe, is what makes a polygomas relationship work.

I can completly understand your response. It is a response that many women who have been hurt or who do not feel secure, will agree with and side with.

As a Godly man...you do whatever is necessary to ensure your wives feel safe, secure, loved and that makes for an awesome relationship.

I agree that this type of relationship is not for everyone. It is a choice that a person should only enter into after MUCH prayer, thought and soul searching.

Thanks for your input and...to answer your question...what benefits does the second wife get....EVERYTHING the first wife gets....she is equal to and not less than. In this case...she gets EVEN more...

She gets the love and help from both a husband and a Sister Wife.

Now that is something you can’t get in a one man - one woman relationship...and that is ok too,

Burt's photo
Tue 10/02/18 02:04 PM
Sure...it is legal any where. Legally...a man can only marry one by law....but having a spiritual wedding is not breaking any laws.

Burt's photo
Tue 10/02/18 01:37 PM
I would like to open this up for RESPECTABLE conversation. No judgement.

Would you consider being in a relationship where you are the second wife? In a biblical polygamous relationship, you would be an equal wife and best friends with the other wife. Each wife has shared, but equal time with the husband.

There are many reasons why men and women accept and desire this kind of relationship. In our situation...we desire more children,but can only accomplish this by loving and accepting a 2nd lady into our lives.

I invite open, respectable conversation about this topic. Hope to hear back from you.

Blessings,
B.A.R.