4simplecomplexity's photo
Tue 03/08/16 09:22 AM
I'm hoping that's one bit of American legislature which will bypass our "esteemed" president!!!!

I can't BEGIN to imagine what impact it will have in our schools where rape in the toilets is already a problem of note.

Sun 04/03/11 02:28 PM
After completing my qualification, I was presented with the opportunity to study further. After considering the debt scenario sketched earlier, I decided it wasn't worth the debt to study something which held no interest for me, merely to say that I have a degree. The piece of paper means nothing!!!
A year or two later, I left the profession.

1. I would not have had the "financial" freedom to make that choice if I had opted to study further. (I would not start something and not finish it) and being a practical person to a degree, the financial debt would have held me captive.

2. I am not highly educated, YET I noticed that a number of people ( PLEASE NOTE: MEN & WOMEN) almost take a physical step back, when I tell them my qualification.
It's got to the point where I try not to mention it unless I am asked directly. It does seem to be a stumbling block for some people.
Personally, I admire someone who has wisdom and intelligence, but not even that moves me to treat them differently from other people.

Tue 03/29/11 02:41 PM

Anybody have a recipe using chickpeas?
Or cabbage smoked on a grill?

I can post a recipe for chickpea chocolate cake (gluten free).

Next people will be making cake with carrots!

Shocking! noway

Then I'm forced to shock you even more !!!!
Carrot cake is BEEGGG in Cape Town .... with a glazed lemon frosting!!!happy waving

Tue 03/29/11 02:32 PM

I never would have thought of the molasses or to cook it on the stove instead of the oven. I'll have to try yours, thanks!

Here's the recipe I use.

Lemon Pie

½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
3 egg yolks (or for a creamier pie, two whole eggs)
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
lemon zest (optional)
1 pre-made graham cracker crust (or see recipe below)

Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Whisk all three ingredients together until smooth.
Pour into the graham cracker crust.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Let it chill overnight to firm or freeze for 4 hours.

Graham Cracker Crust

1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup butter or margarine, melted

Combine all ingredients together and press firmly into the bottom of a pie pan.

This sounds pretty much like a typical Cape Town Lemon Meringue.
The difference is that we would whipp the egg whites to stiff peaks and top the pie with it before baking...

Mon 03/28/11 02:52 PM
Discredited ?????rant frustrated
I think that might have been done prematurely ohwell

Mon 03/28/11 02:35 PM
Are ALL 20, 30 something males driven by their libidos ? ? ?
. . . do they all just imagine that ALL older women are desperately in need of their own crass brand of Personal Attention ! ! !

Wed 03/23/11 12:24 PM
I've made many mistakes in my life but non of them is worth changing since I too feel that it's made ME .... ME!!!:tongue:
All of them directed the course of my life ... with the exception of smoking... I cannot think of ONE GOOD thing that came out of THAT excerciseexplode