Community > Posts By > denlme

denlme's photo
Thu 11/08/18 07:31 PM
Edited by denlme on Thu 11/08/18 07:33 PM

Most people SAY they would like a reply as to whether the other person is interested or not, but what they do NOT say, is that they plan to punish you if you are not interested. If you reply that you are simply not compatible, look out cuz you may be about to get a foul mouthed earful as well as a personal evaluation on whats wrong with you.

In other words, no reply is reply enough for some folks to handle.

If someone on the street were to pass me and say hello, I may nod back, say hello, or try not to make eye contact and keep on walkin. Lots of communication irl is non verbal.

Online, an empty profile communicates enough to some. So does an empty message. So does an empty reply. If the verbal communication you provide does not spark interest, why should someone invest time and energy, lead anyone on, and engage in shallow communication with them? Leading someone on is not polite. Everyone doesnt happen to have lots of time to kill online. That can be said of both sender and recipient.

If someone does that, it is abusive and they should be reported and blocked from the site.

denlme's photo
Thu 11/08/18 07:29 PM
Hi Catinida,

I think if someone sends a message with just "Hi.. and nothing else and also they have not filled out any information about themselves or what they are looking for, then I would be suspicious and think they are just scammers testing the waters to see who bites.

I would guess that three-quarters of the women advertising on this site have not filled out any information about themselves.

So, in those cases, I would not reply.

I have filled out all the details on my profile. I am upfront about what I am looking for and when I do reply to an ad it is usually a few sentences long and polite.

denlme's photo
Thu 11/08/18 05:31 PM
Why not Catinida?

If you received one polite message from someone, it does not cost anything to at least reply whether or not you are interested.

I think that's the polite thing to do.

I know there are many scammers in these sites. I have had about half a dozen women try to scam me. One even tried to blackmail me. But after you get caught out once, you recognise them easily enough.

denlme's photo
Thu 11/08/18 02:35 PM
Hi David,

I don't think I am insisting or that it's a rule, but I know that if someone contacted me I would definitely reply even if I were not interested in meeting them.

I think it is more about common courtesy.

denlme's photo
Thu 11/08/18 01:56 PM
I have replied to maybe twenty ladies on this site and not one has had the courtesy to reply.

How difficult is it to reply briefly, even if not interested?

I am respectful and courteous when I reply to someone I might be interested in meeting.

What does it take to get a reply?