Community > Posts By > The_Lau

no photo
Fri 06/05/09 09:26 PM
Wow. Ok ive gotta step in here and take a stand.

Were not talking about the books. The book Bond and film Bond ARE
different. So stop the nonsense of, 'oh hes playing like it was written in the books'.

Roger Moore was a GREAT BOND, and you cannot argue that. Why? 7 films. Thats why. One more than Connery, and he didnt have someone else play the role in the middle of his run like Connery did, or need to do the UNOFFICIAL Bond film Never Say Never Again. Moore made 7 films that each made more money than the last. Fans flocked. He made great films, and truly helped create a franchise that will never die. He is at the forefront of all things Bond, because more than any of the other actors he is engrained with that character.

And Connery, while he was a great Bond, has managed to almost completly disassociate himself with the franchise. He is just a true **** when you look at his history in the making of the films. Especially with the most **** move of all, making that BASTARD version of Bond film Never Say Never Again. And they released that at the same time as Octo***** starring ROGER MOORE. Guess who got his ass kicked at the box office?

Now to Daniel Craig. He is a DECENT Bond, getting better, but not quite there. Ive liked his movies, but in no way are they near the top of Bond films ever made. They would actually be better films on thier own, not as Bond films (you can ask me later if you need explanation of the difference between Bond films and regular spy actioners). Someone else said it better than me, 'The biggest way these last Bond films have FAILED as BOND FILMS, is I dont want to be that guy. It just isnt fun.' Luckily Craig himself has said that in his next outing, he would like a lot more laughs. (Tremble Moore haters, lol)

And for all the realism, and edginess, and moodiness etc., he brings to the role that you all just PRAISE him for, have you not seen Timothy Dalton as Bond? Cause that is EXACTLY the way he played Bond and got panned for it.

And Peirce Brosnan and George Lazenby rocked! I dont think Bond has slept with more woman in one film than he does in Lazenby's On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Ok so sorry bout the rant, im sure u all hate me now, but heres my personal top 5, in order of release;

Goldfinger
Thunderball
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
The Spy Who Loved Me
Goldeneye

no photo
Fri 06/05/09 08:39 PM
The last film to TRULY blow me away, was The Prestige.

no photo
Fri 06/05/09 08:14 PM
Villains are too loveable to pick just one...

So im gonnatry to throw out some that u might not hear anyone else say;

Sgt. Barnes from Platoon

Daniel Plainview from There Will Be Blood

El Guapo from Three Amigos

Johnny Ringo from Tombstone

Mr. Blue from The Taking of Pelham One Two Three

Stansfield from Leon (The Professional)

Count Dracula from Bram Stoker's Dracula

Ordell Robbie from Jackie Brown

Little Bill Daggett from Unforgiven

Salieri from Amadeus

Thulsa Doom from Conan the Barbarian

Carl Fogarty from A History of Violence

Richie Cusack from A History of Violence

That is just the tip of the iceberg...

no photo
Tue 06/02/09 11:03 PM
Bull**** SC is gonna roll the buckeyes. Whens the last time a Big 10 school came close to beating SC?

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 08:21 PM
Edited by The_Lau on Thu 05/14/09 08:25 PM
They film most these movies with a digital camera anymore. So then in theatres, they have to transfer the digital movie onto actual film. Most theatres dont have digital projectors, or they have one.

Digital is supposed to be a better projection. Think blu ray at the movie theatre. But the difference is negligible, and only benefits big cgi blockbusters.

no photo
Sun 05/03/09 07:00 PM
A lot of people missed this one. Check it out, it is by far the best Western in the last ten years;

OPEN RANGE!

A couple other really good recent westerns;

The Proposition
Seraphim Falls

Some of my favorites;
Tombstone
Unforgiven
The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
Dead Man

no photo
Fri 05/01/09 11:05 AM
Don't overcook the steak. It defeats it's own purpose.

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 11:52 PM
You know what else is a truly romantic film?

Natural Born Killers.

I'm serious.

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 11:47 PM
Seriously, morning people suck.

no photo
Mon 04/27/09 11:34 PM
True Romance!

Nothing says love like taking a bullet.