Community > Posts By > Cfones9

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 06:17 PM

Has anyone else noticed that half the profiles (or more) have things in my "about me" where it's just "I like music" or "blueberry muffins!" "Not my name is..." or "on a perfect date I like to..." I mean I understand most people are on these things looking at pictures, but how do you establish talking to someone with one line.

My profile has a few convo starters, but I have not had much success on this because I am looking for communication...(and as I mentioned earlier...people are here for looks. :-p) I feel communication is key, that is why my past girlfriends are now "exes." We ran out of things to talk about, then things to do, then everything fizzled. So saying "I need someone to save me" as your whole paragraph won't get you much success...because not all guys look at the picture only. ;-)

Not all guys look at the pictures only? I call bull on that comment. The first thing that attracts a man to a woman is their looks not the fact that they can communicate.

I have passed up many women because they couldn't carry a conversation, not I looked for 2 seconds and thought "oh, they aren't hot, I don't care for them." No...I stayed for quite some time. It may be the first thing they see...but my first g/f wasn't ugly, but she wasn't what most guys go after...I stayed with her because she was an animal rights person.

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 06:12 PM
yeah...when you can't beat em, join em...i shoulda copied/pasted what I had before...

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 06:03 PM
My first g/f was from Woodbridge and my dad had a g/f there...interesting place.

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 05:53 PM

new to this so drop us a mssge if ure up for a chat

us?

maybe he's venom from spider-man! j/k...laugh

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 05:53 PM

new to this so drop us a mssge if ure up for a chat

us?

maybe he's venom from spider-man! j/k...laugh

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 12:48 PM

That's less than 20 words
I've seen profiles that said about as much for people who draw interest like honey attracts bees. These are people who are active in the forums. They are seen by many times more people that those who just post a profile. Good luck.

Thanks. Guess I'm just old fashioned and not enjoying the subtlety...usually when I just say a one liner in my "paragraph," (like "hampers hold clothes") it gets me over looked. To each their own.

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 12:35 PM
I appreciate the response...only a newbie to this site. I don't mean writing an autobiography on yourself or war and peace...I mean like I would put "I'm a relatively simple guy, I like bowling, wine tasting, love to cook, and good sense of humor." I personally feel "someone save me" is an act of despair as opposed to a dating thing. That's less than 20 words. If that's trying people's patience, then that would not look good for future generations! :wink: Also Artlo, thanks for not hitting on me. noway

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 12:15 PM
The Caps won't win this year and will remain thirsty (no cup.) I like your joke! That was clever!

Cfones9's photo
Wed 05/04/11 12:13 PM
Has anyone else noticed that half the profiles (or more) have things in my "about me" where it's just "I like music" or "blueberry muffins!" "Not my name is..." or "on a perfect date I like to..." I mean I understand most people are on these things looking at pictures, but how do you establish talking to someone with one line.

My profile has a few convo starters, but I have not had much success on this because I am looking for communication...(and as I mentioned earlier...people are here for looks. :-p) I feel communication is key, that is why my past girlfriends are now "exes." We ran out of things to talk about, then things to do, then everything fizzled. So saying "I need someone to save me" as your whole paragraph won't get you much success...because not all guys look at the picture only. ;-)

Cfones9's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:22 PM
things that make you go hmmm...:banana:

Cfones9's photo
Mon 02/14/11 10:47 PM
How's life treating everyone? It's good to be part of the site! drinker

Cfones9's photo
Thu 02/10/11 08:19 PM
grumble that depends on the person (and where they are looking...)that some times, much like me it means that someone is shy, and could occasionally mean the person has a low self esteem. I often, when meeting someone new have my eyes drift to the floor because I am nervous. blushing Now sometimes it does mean they are lying. But I could look at someone new and tell them I had long hair (or had a full head of it) at one time...(which I did...) and now catch my eyes going to the floor.