Community > Posts By > streameddy

streameddy's photo
Wed 06/15/11 12:12 AM
What I've come to appreciate is that nobody writes viruses or adware or malware of any sort. I hear a trojan got loose on some RedHat systems once, so it does seem to be possible. It is, however, difficult and there are not so many Linux boxes as to tempt malware authors.

streameddy's photo
Thu 06/09/11 05:47 PM
No.
I usually wear a Utilikilt because of the pockets.

streameddy's photo
Wed 03/23/11 08:04 PM
What is her definition of dating?
Be sure you both are on the same page first. Dating can be anything from as innocent as I'd guess to as scary as you seem to be thinking.
Of course these terms change from generation to generation so you need to find out what she's thinking she means.
17 seems a year older than I'd put as a limit, but I am not you.

streameddy's photo
Sun 03/06/11 07:10 AM
No, but I see no obligation to keep up an exchange of views when either party feels it unproductive. For whatever reason you turned her off, too bad. It might not have anything to do with you. She could have met the love of her life offline. You may have accidentally offended her. Some damned thing you'll never hear of may have happened. It takes real effort to get a channel of communication open here and you can all too easily see it closed off without doing anything wrong.
You're likely blameless but even if you're not she owes you no explanation, partly because any attempt to list your failings at living up to her expectations cannot come across other than hostile. Few women (Hell, men) want to express themselves negatively. This should not be a surprise.
Nobody owes you their attention, you have to earn it. Same goes for respect.
And quite a few women complain when some bastard leads them on to unexpected scorn. But that's in real life. Online the worst you can expect is to be ignored. Nobody is likely to present you with a bill of particulars recounting your failings in detail. That we save for divorce court and nobody wants to go there.

streameddy's photo
Sat 02/26/11 05:52 PM
So I was diagnosed with my first stroke three weeks after the fact they estimated reading MRIs on October 10, 2006. Denial can't be denied but so far my strokes have been painless. The second one was diagnosed April third this year, neat how medicals avoid blaming me for not noticing another stroke for a week.
So how do I get someone to live with me when I've lost my balance?
I mean, I'm in no pain.

streameddy's photo
Wed 02/23/11 12:18 AM
When the Somali Coast Guard went out of business foreign dredges scraped the life out of Somali fishing grounds. It was not that long before the piracy got going.

streameddy's photo
Tue 02/15/11 08:19 AM
single dammit!