Community > Posts By > Eric Creflo

Eric Creflo's photo
Tue 11/27/18 12:47 AM
Love is the essence of our existence, the reason we were born.

Eric Creflo's photo
Sat 11/24/18 10:19 PM
Trust God, the right one will soon find you.

Eric Creflo's photo
Sat 11/24/18 03:53 AM

"Age doesn't matter" Oh Really?

No. Not really. Except to those that chose to make it matter because they've decided it matters to them, their image, their identity, the way they see the world.
But it doesn't really matter.
At least to the type of relationship the people that believe "age doesn't matter" really want.

At best they've deluded themselves into believing they want a successful (long term, healthy) relationship because it helps them come across as being truthful.
If you're going to tell people what you think they want to hear, it's best to come across as really meaning it.

Of course:
She says he is too young and age doesn't matter.

Sometimes people just don't want to hear "no" and simply switch tactics.
Just like any "good" salesman.

You made your point but maybe you met the wrong one to start with.
"You're too young" is a much "softer" no than not answering their message, or saying "I'm not attracted to you, don't email me again."

When a beggar walks up to you and asks for a dollar do you say "sorry, I can't afford a dollar" or do you say "no, don't bother me?"
If the former, is it truly unrealistic/unexpected the beggar would come up with a reason for you to give them a quarter?

what would be left? Sex? Personally I would rather have sex with someone I can relate to in all the above categories and a lot more

That's great. Good for you. Thanks for sharing.
Now...what if you can't find what you'd "rather" have?
Not to mention, are you under the impression these guys messaging you saying "age doesn't matter" aren't messaging anyone else?
Are you under the impression they're just sitting, pining away, year after year until your profile comes up, and they say "finally!" Or that they're conservative guys living according to how you think men should conservatively live but your profile comes up and they throw it away and think "I must have her and throw my values away and just pursue her! Maybe for just sex!"

Or do you think they're emailing other women? Other women who also said "Personally I would rather have sex with someone I can relate to yadda yadda yadda," only they said that last year, or 3,6,10+ years ago (look at some of the join dates of the female posters) but haven't found their "rather" in that time?

What exactly are you figuring out or saying with the OP? That (many/most/all) men are full of crap when approaching women?

Are you trying to convince yourself of your own ideology, and you're lonely so you decided to share on a public forum? Do you honestly believe this hasn't been discussed before?
In the time it took you to fill out the OP, how many other women do you think those guys have contacted?

Are you under the impression forming a pseudo rational and logical argument about why age matters is going to affect men, that contacted you saying age doesn't matter, in any way?

Enough women here have said they tried it and prefer to stay within 10 years either way. I have tried 13, 15 and 5 years younger. In every case I wound up feeling like I had another kid to raise. In spite of the one who was 5 years younger I am still willing to try.

What would I do if I don't find anyone within that 20 year age span. I guess what I am doing now. Living alone. Which is far easier than being with the wrong person.

Everyone has their preferences and that should be respected. But to argue with me that I should be more open minded is not going to work with me.

Been there. Done that. And most definitely not doing it again.

Eric Creflo's photo
Sat 11/24/18 03:45 AM
Same life stage does not guarantee you happiness in a relationship. Hope you know that?