Community > Posts By > Chuck

Chuck's photo
Sun 05/26/19 03:11 PM
If I’m not mistaken Mingle2 is an international dating site so if it isn’t in English then it doesn’t pertain to me.

Chuck's photo
Wed 05/08/19 02:02 PM
For me it’s when they ask for money, but for women it could be when they ask for nude pictures. Nobody wants to see me nude so I don’t have that problem. Welcome and good luck.

Chuck's photo
Mon 04/08/19 03:38 PM
I think its because you were blocked by the person you were communicating with. I pointed out to a woman that she was using a celeb's photo on her profile page and the next thing I know is the whole conversation disappears. That's why I'm saying...

Chuck's photo
Sun 04/07/19 07:15 PM
You don’t want it to become an incidental addition on a police report or if some unforeseeable event required you to be away for an extended period of time that would be known by those who could have a copy and you have a vacant house, you’d be adding to your worry unnecessarily. All the while the cost of the lock would have left you at ease rather than be irritated by your reluctance to do so. There is more than one form of security at stake.

Chuck's photo
Wed 04/03/19 09:38 PM

This can be music and tv. yes I'm a Monkees fan. does anyone have memories?

I wasn’t a fan per se, but I did watch the TV show a few times as a teenager and saw them not far from downtown LA (exactly where I can’t remember) driving by in their Monkeemoblie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkees_(TV_series)#/media/File:Monkeemobile2.jpg

Chuck's photo
Mon 04/01/19 10:17 AM
Note to the reader: Most of the Story is folklore while some is held as fact. Then there is the Author’s added imaginative artistic value. It is left to the reader to decide which is which.

April Fool's Day
the Real Story

by Chuck

Way back in the time of the renaissance there was a young king who had only recently ascended to the throne. While he was yet a prince of the British Empire the first day of the year had been changed from April 1st to January 1st. Those who still celebrated the New Year on the 1st day of April were considered April Fools. Now king and one who himself had always celebrated the New Year on April 1st found himself in a bit of a quandary. He couldn’t very well celebrate on the first while he was the sitting king else he be considered a fool. As he sat on his throne contemplating what he might do being it was the first day of April, he summons the court jester. The jester was an individual that seemed to have a knack for cheering up the king in matters of this nature. The jester came before the king with his usual grandiose entry, doing somersaults, juggling and the likes. And the king beckons him with the wave of his hand in a gesture that his activity wasn’t what the king had in mind. The young king proceeded to explain to him how in times past he had always celebrated the New Year on this day but due to the change he could not, that is without coming across as a fool. The jester quickly suggested the king make him King for the day. The young king pondered his suggestion for a moment then asked, “and what might I ask would you do or decree as King for the day.” The jester’s reply, “anything that is to be done on this day must be absurd.” With that said, the king rose from his throne picked the jester up off the floor and set him on his throne. Took the Royal Crown off his head and put it on the head of the jester. The crown drooped over the jester’s head obviously a few sizes larger but it seemed fitting enough.

The king now no more than a humble subject to the King for the day went about the Kingdom proclaiming the decree of the King, and this to his delight. Whether he was celebrating or not was of no concern he was in fact carrying out the decree. This was an event in the making. Everybody was in amazement and the antics that began taking place left everyone astonished. Think about it, here’s a king roaming about basically telling everyone to be foolish. It is said that at one point the king began drinking with the boy’s in a Pub and was put in the stocks when the lot of them became obnoxious and boisterous. When one of the guards was told by a passer-by that they had the king in the stocks he immediately went to the governor of the province. The governor, who just happened to be in this town that day, went speedily to the stocks to see for himself. The governor had known the king while the present king was yet a prince so he knew when he first set eyes on him that a grievous error had taken place. Terrified by the thought of consequence, he had him released only to realize that the young king thought the whole matter was funny and fittingly absurd. Now there’s a king and a governor frolicking about proclaiming the decree of the King for the day.

The governor by the way had the local madam sit as governor while he enjoyed the day with the king. This set other matters into a downward spiral. The judges of the area were picking their favorite criminal to sit on the bench and decide matters of law. They on the other hand went fishing or hunting while some were said to have been seen entering into brothels. This by the way is where playing hooky was coined a phrase. Many things took place that day the likes of course would be a book in which to write it all. For instance, one of the bakers made the first pineapple upside-down cake and that not by accident. What’s more is England holds April 1st as a national holiday.
April Fool's.

Chuck's photo
Sun 03/31/19 02:39 PM
When you think you have all the answers they’ll change all the questions.

Chuck's photo
Sun 03/31/19 12:21 PM
And be patient, they will make every effort to deal with your situation\circumstances, but not necessarily in your timeframe.

Chuck's photo
Thu 03/28/19 09:59 PM

And of course, "their" versus "there."

Often missed in that is "they're"

Chuck's photo
Thu 03/28/19 09:32 PM
“The road to hell is paved with good intentions”, but “the love of money is the root of all evil.” It would occur to me those going to hell never had good intentions to begin with.

Chuck's photo
Thu 03/28/19 07:27 PM
Juan thing is curtain your gonna fine alot of hear.

Chuck's photo
Thu 03/28/19 04:41 PM
Underwear

Chuck's photo
Mon 03/25/19 09:39 AM
That’s normally what winds up happening, but now I’m hearing that it doesn’t happen to everyone, at least RockGnome is saying otherwise.

Chuck's photo
Mon 03/25/19 09:34 AM
That has been my experience immediately after hitting the Send Message button I get mail stating I have a Match and that person is in my Mutual Match folder/box whatever it is. And I hadn’t “Liked” them in the past and couldn’t have in some cases because they only just arrived.

Chuck's photo
Mon 03/25/19 12:49 AM
I find it a bit tricky for someone to “Like” me then nudge me knowing if I respond to their Nudge even to say “hi” we become a Match. Usually I respond with “You have my attention”, because I suppose that’s what they’re after, but how does that constitute me showing interest or a willingness to meet them? I’m not asking anything be done about it or that it should be changed, but I’m merely pointing out that I’m now reserved as to whom I’ll reply to after a Nudge or “Hi” for that reason, not because I’m inconsiderate. Of course, I understand that goes both ways so if I don't get a reply, that is a reply.

Chuck's photo
Mon 03/11/19 01:41 AM
It would have to be the full version because I'm looking at it from my computer at home. If you've tried it both ways then yours is one for tech support as well. I'm thinking between the two of you, that is nature lady and yourself, you may have accumulated so many that its thrown the code out of whack. I don't normally have more than three at any time, but usually just one or two.

Chuck's photo
Mon 03/11/19 01:18 AM

Chuck - that doesn't work for me --- it deletes them at the time I click, but when I leave the site and return, all the photos return also. :(

I've tried it both ways and they never reappear so I don't know what to make of that. That would be one for technical support.

Chuck's photo
Mon 03/11/19 01:15 AM
If you’re looking at your Mutual Matches on your Account page then click on View all my Mutual Matches at the bottom of that box and you’ll see the Mutual Matches that have the X in a tiny square.

Chuck's photo
Mon 03/11/19 12:39 AM
Really! I've not run into that. I have one I can lose right now and see if that happens to me. But let me ask, do you log out when you leave the site?

Chuck's photo
Sun 03/10/19 12:38 PM
From you Account page up top is Match click that then lower down you View your Matches and click the X above those you wish to remove.

Previous 1