Community > Posts By > Gently

no photo
Fri 11/30/18 09:18 AM
No idea, but if you stroll casually along the path created by the Fates strange and wonderful things can happen.

no photo
Fri 11/30/18 09:08 AM
You turn your dreams into reality by taking chances.If you have something you really want you will be offered ways of achieving it, I know this from personal experience.

The trick is to recognize these opportunities and be willing to grasp them. This often requires taking risks but nobody ever offered you a guaranteed easy route through life or an easy path to achieving your desires. The opportunities will be presented by people you accidentally meet, by force such as losing one job and needing another or by the need to make a transition in life.

I was born in a small community with limited opportunities, very few people left the area after gaining a basic education. I met the people I needed to help me, I was given the opportunities, I took the chances. In retrospect it almost seems as though I was following my fate because as one door closed another opened and I was given the chance to prepare before the next door was opened. I retired at the top of my profession and when I look back at my path through life I can clearly remember every decisive step along the way. Some of the choices made along the way should have been truly scary but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

no photo
Thu 11/29/18 10:44 PM
When I was around 20 in the military it was almost impossible to date an attractive, intelligent girl of similar age because it was the time of "Ban the Bomb" and all military persons were "Baby Killers". So I connected with older women. They were amazing, absolutely amazing.

Any more details would break the PG13 rule but as a 20 year old my brains were blown out (although I like to think I contributed in return). Seeing an elegant elder lady who has enough self-respect to keep herself in shape is still one of the greatest pleasures of my life.

no photo
Thu 11/29/18 10:06 PM
I like the way T.E.Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) put it;

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."

This wonderfully emphasizes that with a positive approach you may create a reality to fit your dreams.