Community > Posts By > soleman

no photo
Mon 06/29/09 08:30 AM
:smile: Hi, I just wonder if thre are twins here who would like to meet/marry other twins. Please see my profile.
Thanks

no photo
Wed 01/28/09 02:31 PM
Edited by soleman on Wed 01/28/09 02:36 PM

The farthest I went into Mexico was Tijuana back over ten years ago. The experience was SUCH a disgusting one that I swore on a drunken sailor lying on the curb that I'd never go south-of-the-border again.

And tourists are fair game as far as murders go- the drug fiasco that is going on down there has essentially exploded in the last couple of years. If you aren't killed just for being in the middle of a drug cartel shootout, you're murdered for your money and bling. This stretches from TJ all the way down to Mazatlan and regions of Chiapas.

Tourists are especially vulnerable to kidnappings and being held in prison without trial by crooked police down there, too.

To say that neither won't happen is simply not true.

There are a lot of Americans and people from Europe living in Mexico (in Cozumel, Playa de Carmen, Cancun etc). If you do not believe me that it is safe here in Mexico you may ask them in the expat forums. Here are some of the forums:

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/
http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 04:17 PM
quiet_2008,

Maybe what you are saying is true. But who is basically being killed in Mexico are narcotraffichers, drug dealers and policmen fighting them -Never tourists.

As for kidnapping I never heard of kidnapped tourists. They usually kidnap local guys.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 10:10 AM
Edited by soleman on Fri 01/23/09 10:10 AM

Have you ever been to Cozumel? What was your first impression of this place?

it was Mexican

lots of kidnappings and murders these days

I won't go again

I leave my house and car unlocked most of the time. Sometimes even at night. It is a small island, you know, the crime rate is almost 0.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 09:59 AM
Have you ever been to Cozumel? What was your first impression of this place?

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 09:54 AM
Edited by soleman on Fri 01/23/09 10:05 AM
There is no such thing as night life in the DR and the risk to catch AIDS is very high.

no photo
Fri 01/23/09 09:52 AM
Depends on where you stay. If you are full time in the hotel you are safe. Besides, it is boring, man. And pretty expensive I think.