Community > Posts By > frankfk

frankfk's photo
Tue 06/30/09 05:07 AM
"Don't compare yourself in this world with anyone, if you compare, you are insulting yourself."

"Discover all good things in you and enjoy with them."

"Don't look the outside source of happiness, find it out in you."

HAVE A GOOD DAY!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

frankfk's photo
Tue 06/30/09 04:53 AM
1. Attitude: If you don't have it, you can't flaunt it. The best flirts are risk takers with an unshakeable confidence.

2. Humor: A must-have. One of the core elements of a relationship is the ability to make the other person laugh; be it "at" or "with" you.

3. Believability: You have to believe you're a great catch or no one else will. Period. If you don't think you're worth it, you've lost the game before it's begun.

4. Assertiveness: Approach someone and start a conversation. And no, you do not have to be a male to make the first move. Welcome to the 21st century.

5. Accessorize: Not with jewelry and matching shoes, but with conversation starters like dogs, a good book, or a signature scent that's bound to attract attention.

6. Approachability: Nobody likes an ice-queen, or king for that matter. Force yourself to let your guard down and you'll make yourself more approachable.

7. Eye Contact: Don't stare the other person down; simply give them the attention and respect they deserve. BONUS: Direct eye contact also shows confidence!

8. Have Fun: Nothing says "comfortable" like a person who is willing to "let down their hair" and be spontaneous and goofy. It goes back to that humor thing!

9. Sincerity: If they are truly interested in you, they will want you to feel comfortable being the "real you." Don't be afraid to show a little vulnerability.

10. Smile: Not only does it show you're enjoying their company, it's contagious, and it makes you one hundred times more attractive and approachable!

frankfk's photo
Mon 06/29/09 04:55 AM
Life's problems wouldn't be called "hurdles" if there wasn't a way to get over them.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them.

The best angle from which to approach any problems is the try-angle.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

frankfk's photo
Mon 06/29/09 04:49 AM
Good Job Mirror, keep going on:smile: flowerforyou

bigsmile cutebigsmile

frankfk's photo
Sat 06/27/09 05:50 AM
Farrah Fawcett is a true Hollywood success story. A native of Texas, she is the daughter of James Fawcett and Pauline Evans. She was a natural athlete, something that her father encouraged, and she attended a high school with a strong arts program. She attended University of Texas in Austin, graduating with a degree in Microbiology, but only wanted to be an actress. Winning a campus beauty contest got her noticed by an agent, who encouraged her to pursue acting. After graduating, she moved to Los Angeles and her healthy, all-American blond beauty was immediately noticed. She quickly got roles in various television commercials for such products as Ultra-Brite toothpaste, and Wella Balsam shampoo, and also made appearances in some TV series. In 1968, she met actor Lee Majors, star of the popular TV series "The Big Valley" (1965), who became very taken with her and also used his own standing to promote her career. In 1970, she won her first major role in the film adaptation of the Gore Vidal novel Myra Breckinridge (1970). The shooting was very unpleasant, with much feuding on the set, and Farrah was embarrassed by the finished film, which was a major failure. But Farrah was undamaged and continued to win roles. In 1973, she and Majors married, and the following year, she won a recurring role in the crime series "Harry O" (1973). She had her first taste of major success when she won a supporting role in the science fiction film Logan's Run (1976). She came to the attention to the highly successful producer Aaron Spelling, who was impressed by her beauty and vivacious personality. That won her a role in the TV series "Charlie's Angels" (1976). She played a private investigator who works for a wealthy and mysterious businessman, along with two other glamorous female detectives, played by Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith. The show immediately became the most popular series on television, earning record ratings and a huge audience. All three actresses became very popular, but Farrah became by far the best known. She was America's sweetheart, and found herself on every celebrity magazine and pursued by photographers and fans. While she enjoyed the success and got along well with her co-stars (both of whom were also of Southern origin), she found the material lightweight. Also, the long hours she worked were beginning to take a toll on her marriage to Majors, who found himself eclipsed by her popularity. So the following year, when the show was at its peak, she left to pursue a movie career. The move drew a negative reaction from many fans. As a result of that and some poor script choices, her career briefly hit a slow spot. In addition, she and Majors separated in 1979. She had starring roles in Somebody Killed Her Husband (1978), Sunburn (1979), and Saturn 3 (1980) (which she did a topless scene in), but all three failed financially. She appeared in the Burt Reynolds chase comedy The Cannonball Run (1981), which was successful financially in spite of bad reviews, but her career benefited very little and she and Majors were drifting apart. In 1981, she met Ryan O'Neal, a friend of her husband's, and they began became friends and spent a great deal of time together. In 1982, she filed for divorce, which Majors readily agreed to. Soon, she and O'Neal were a couple and moved in together. She made a major comeback when she starred in the searing story of a battered wife in The Burning Bed (1984) (TV), based on a true story. It garnered a very large audience, and critics gave her the best reviews she had ever received for her heartfelt performance. She nominated for both an Emmy and Golden Globe and also became involved in helping organizations for battered women. The following year, she and O'Neal became the parents of a son, 'Redmond O'Neal'. She tried to continue her momentum with a starring role in Extremities (1986), but while she garnered some positive reviews, the show was not well-received. She continued to seek out serious roles, appearing mainly on television. She scored success again in Small Sacrifices (1989) (TV), again based on a true crime. Portraying an unhappy woman who is so obsessed with the man she loves that she shoots her children to make herself available and disguises it as a carjacking, Farrah again won rave reviews and helped draw a large audience, and was nominated for an Emmy again. Shortly after-wards, she and O'Neal co-starred in "Good Sports" (1991), playing a couple who co-star in a sports news program, but O'Neil's performance was lambasted and only 9 episodes were aired. In 1995, she surprised her fans by posing for "Playboy" at the age of 48 ad it became the magazine's best-selling issue of that decade. Her relationship with O'Neal was deteriorating, however, and in 1997, they broke up. The breakup took a toll, and at that time she received very bad publicity when she appeared on "Late Show with David Letterman" (1993) and gave a rambling interview, sparking rumors of drug use. That same year, however, she made another comeback in The Apostle (1997), playing the neglected wife of a Pentacostal preacher, played by Robert Duvall. Both stars were praised and the film became a surprise hit. She also began dating producer James Orr. But after she turned down his marriage proposal in 1998, he severely beat her and the scandal drew nationwide headlines. She immediately broke off all ties with him and he was charged and sentenced for assault. Embarrassed, she lowered her profile and her career lost momentum, but she continued to work in television and films. She and O'Neal also started seeing each other again, although it didn't last. In 2004, she received her third Emmy nomination for her performance in The Guardian (2003), but has experienced tragedy since then. In early 2006, she was devastated when her beloved mother died. Later that year, she was diagnosed with cancer and O'Neal, with whom she remains close in spite of their breakup, was diagnosed with leukemia. On February 2, 2007, her 60th birthday, it was revealed that she was now cancer free. She continues to be a successful and important part of the entertainment industry.

MAY GOD REST HER SOUL WITH PEACE IN HEAVEN!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

frankfk's photo
Fri 06/26/09 05:18 AM
SHE HAD AN ANOTHER LEGEND OF UNMATCHED, INDEEDflowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou
WHAT ABOUT FARRAH?????????????????

frankfk's photo
Fri 06/26/09 04:53 AM
Edited by frankfk on Fri 06/26/09 05:21 AM
'Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets;

so love the people who treat you right,

forget about the ones who don't,

and believe that everything happens for a reason.

If you get a chance, take it.

If it changes your life, let it.

YOU ARE IMMORTAL, YOUR LIFE START FROM NOW ON!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

frankfk's photo
Tue 06/23/09 04:51 AM
Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.

Good for the body is the work of the body, and good for the soul is the work of the soul, and good for either is the work of the other.

Anyone can carry his burden, however hard, until nightfall. Anyone can do his work, however hard, for one day. Anyone can live sweetly, patiently, lovingly, purely, till the sun goes down. And this is all life really means.

Though the circular round-and-round of routine be the bulk of life's affairs, make an occasional jutting diversion - of fun, love, or something that will outlast you - so the shape and motion of your life shall resemble the round lifegiving sun with bright rays shining forth from all directions.

HAVE A GREAT DAY OF PEACE!flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

frankfk's photo
Tue 06/23/09 04:32 AM
yes, it is a good point:smile:

I find that 1 on 1, face-to-face interactions are the best.
You can see, hear, and truly take in all the experessions.
Second best is phone calls because you get to hear the inflections and the words being said.

I find that writing can be very expressive but it leaves too much to the interpretation of the reader and the inflections and true intent of the writer can be misconstrued or lost.

JMHO! flowerforyou
I agree with this :) good and to the point.

frankfk's photo
Mon 06/22/09 04:49 AM
Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

We can be Knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, but we cannot be wise with other men's wisdom. ~Michel de Montaigne

Wisdom begins at the end. ~Daniel Webster

Patience is the companion of wisdom. ~St. Augustine

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you'd have preferred to talk. ~Doug Larson

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it. ~David Star Jordan, The Philosophy of Despair

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

frankfk's photo
Sun 06/21/09 10:03 AM
A gem find a gemflowerforyou flowerforyou
Many beautiful sentiments expressed Frank. flowerforyou

This stanza in particular is so lovely.......

"To see you is what my eyes long for,
to touch you is what my body longs for,
but to love you,
my heart has done already for a long time."

frankfk's photo
Sun 06/21/09 06:32 AM
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

If in this lifetime,
I wont get to have you,
I'll make sure that if
I meet you in my next life
I wont have to think twice on
saying that "I waited a lifetime to say I love you..."

If You Love Me Like You Told Me
Please Be Careful With My Heart.
You Can Take It
Just Don't Break It
Or My World Would Fall Apart.

To see you is what my eyes long for,
to touch you is what my body longs for,
but to love you,
my heart has done already for a long time.

If, each time I thought of you were a flower,
I could walk in my garden forever.

The moment I looked in your eyes I fell in love.
Every time I look I fall in love again.
I've looked so many times,
and have gathered so much love.
I have so much to carry with me
I don't know what to do

Loving you is what I've learned so easily.
Trying to forget you is the last thing
I could possibly learn
because I'm deeply in love with you.

I would give up everything
for one moment with you;
for one moment
is better than a lifetime of not knowing you

I never loved you more
cause I never loved you less,
I dont love you now coz
I will love you always,
I dont just love you coz
I love you more than "I love you" can say ...

You justify my existence ...
if i have not known you,
I wouldn't have lived,
if I die with out knowing you,
I wouldn't die coz I didn't live at all ...

The sun can have the sky and it wouldnt matter.
The night can have its stars and i woudnt care.
Tomorrow can be majestic yet remain empty,
for it simply wouldnt matter without you there.

If she is the first thing you think of when you wake up,
the only thing you think of when you're awake,
and the last thing you think of before you go to bed,
then she is really somebody special.

Love is not measured by how you feel,
but how you make the other person feel.

As Part Of You Has Grown In Me,
Together Forever Shall We Be,
Never Apart Maybe In Distance But Not In Heart

I don't want to lose this feeling.
If I could choose a place to die,
it would be in your arms.

I never knew what love was all
about until I started looking at you;
no one ever tried to tell or show me,
so I finally figured it out for myself.
What you need is someone
who without you can't breathe.

Romantic love is an illusion.
Most of us discover this truth
at the end of a love affair or else
Dreams only last one
night but love can last forever

HAVE A GREAT LOVE EVENING TO ALL!
flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

:heart: (((((FRANK!!!))):heart:

frankfk's photo
Sun 06/21/09 06:29 AM

Searchers have a question they'd like answered: Who started Father's Day? Who do they have to thank for the mandatory bonding time they're spending with dear ol' dad this weekend? Lookups on "father's day origin" and "who started father's day" inspired us to investigate. The results of our research shook us to our very core.

OK, maybe not to our core, exactly. But the story of how Father's Day came to be is still pretty interesting. A blog from a Detroit church explains that most historians credit a woman named Sonora Smart Dodd with creating the holiday. Ms. Smart Dodd was "inspired by her father, a widower and Civil War veteran named William Jackson Smart." She wanted to do something to honor his memory while paying respect to all fathers.

Clearly she was a woman with a plan. Alas, not everybody agreed with her pleas to "give it up for the papas" (our words, not hers). In fact, Ms. Smart Dodd's proposal was often mocked when it first made the rounds. Folks felt it unnecessary. And the all-male United States Congress felt that having a holiday for fathers might look like they were trying to give themselves "a pat on the back."

Additionally, many just plain didn't want the holiday. An article from Inspiration Line explains that, according to an article in The Spokesman-Review, "one group of men conventioneers laughed and said they didn't want a Father's Day. A National Fishing Day would be better, they told her."

Though many scoffed, the holiday was eventually accepted. In 1910, the first local Father’s Day was held. It wasn’t until 1924 that President Calvin Coolidge "made it a national event." Then, in 1966, President Johnson signed a proclamation declaring the third Sunday of June as Father's Day. President Nixon made it law in 1972.

It's hard to imagine a time when the idea of Father's Day was mocked and dismissed as ridiculous. If it weren't for the tenacity of a grateful daughter, it may never have come to pass.

ANYWAY ENOUGH FATHER'S DAY SEARCHING, ENJOY AND MAKE IT RELAXING:smile: flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

frankfk's photo
Sat 06/20/09 06:31 AM
1. PHONE

2. TEXT MESSAGING

3. EMAILS

4. LETTER WRITING

Which one is most effective and why and which one left a longer effect on the receiver mind? Please specify regardless the situation. It is a general discussion not a survey. THANKS

frankfk's photo
Sat 06/20/09 06:17 AM
good thoughts:smile:
Enjoy love everyday reach out to everyone and never let the negative get to you. There is always good out there. So smile and enjoy the good in life:banana: :banana: :banana:

frankfk's photo
Sat 06/20/09 06:16 AM
I know it:wink:
I love you Frank.flowers

frankfk's photo
Sat 06/20/09 05:50 AM
:smile: :wink: "Knowledge is the source of life and it does apply on anything."
I had no idea people needed a step by step plan on how to cuddle. laugh

frankfk's photo
Sat 06/20/09 05:44 AM
Snuggling is one of the most enjoyable things any couple can do. It brings you two very close, and tells you a great deal about the relationship. Bad snuggling can ruin a relationship too.

First and foremost, you have to try to be a good snuggler. It should come naturally to you. If you've ever been held by your mother or father, or anyone for that matter, you should have the basic idea how to snuggle.

1.Sit on the same couch/sofa/love seat. You can't snuggle long distances, so get close.
2.Move your hand closer to his/hers. Holding hands is a great start to snuggling.
3.Nuzzle your way closer to your interest. Throughout the movie/TV show get a little bit closer. Have your shoulder press against your potential snuggelee. Let them know you are not only ok with touching, but you want him/her to.
4.Hopefully they've caught on a bit. If you're a girl, move your shoulder on top of his. This lets his arm pass behind your back so he can put his arm around you.
5.If he is still not catching on, put your head on his shoulder. This is slightly less affectionate, but lets him feel more like the "man." Hopefully he'll put his hand on your back, or side. In this instance, it also works to put your head on his shoulder.
6.Snuggle away.

Snuggling is something that happens a few dates into the relationship. Perhaps on the 1st or 2nd or even the 3rd, you might want to stick with holding his hand.
•Snuggling is not gender role-defined. Either member can initiate the snuggling.
•Little things you can do, to tease or just to add a little something extra to your snuggling. You may not be able to do some of these. It depends on how you've ended up snuggling. Maybe his head is on your lap, maybe you are both sitting with his arm around you. Not all of these will work for every position. Try them out and see what works for you:
◦Play with his hair.
◦Kiss him/her.
◦Run your hands down his neck.
◦Rub his back. Give him a little massage. Light circles also are fun.
◦Pull each other closer. Give each other a little squeeze.
◦Touch his stomach or chest.
◦Trace your hands along his waist line. (Be careful with this one. If you hands go near his hip line, you may just end up turning him on. If you want to do that then use this at will, otherwise watch your hands a little.)
◦If you liked the above, push up his shirt a little bit and continue lightly grazing his skin with your fingers.
◦If his arm is at his side, slide your arm under his and hold his forearm or hand.
◦Simply leaning is a great way to start snuggling. Lay your head on his shoulder if he can hold the weight comfortably.
•Enjoy the moment--don't rush through it.
•If you're at a scary movie with your boyfriend, act scared. (He'll most likely want to hold you and protect you to make you feel more safe.)
•Involve your legs in the snuggle from time to time, especially if you feel confident about their touchability and if you're wearing something that exposes them like a dress or shorts.
◦Always keep your legs as close to him or her as possible if you want them to be touched. Conversely, if you'd prefer your legs not get involved with anything, angle them away enough that it would be uncomfortable for their hand to be there.
◦When sitting, try bringing your feet up under you and lean your legs onto his lap (this can be fairly forward because he'll have little option than to rest his hand on your legs or put his arm around you).
◦It's even okay to drape one leg over his if your relationship is solid enough that you expect his attention.
◦When wearing a skirt or dress, try pulling it back a little to expose enough knee for his hand. Sometimes this is as good as saying, "Please put your hand right here."
◦When holding her hand, rest it in your lap so that her fingers are touching your leg.
◦If you are lying down together, rest your head on his/her chest, or put your arms around him/her,

Warnings: If you don't think you're ready to try all (or some) of this, don't worry. Wait until you're ready - then you can really enjoy it all.
•Don't push your way in there. Snuggling requires you to have already broken the touch barrier. If you can't hold hands, snuggling is probably not going to happen.
•Don't hurt the guy. And don't let him hurt you. Everyone has their squeeze limit.
•Know your limits. Snuggling is very intimate and often leads to other more physical things. Don't let him push you to where you aren't comfortable, and don't push him to where he isn't comfortable.
•Only apply this to a guy or girl you actually like. NEVER toy with a guy's feelings, especially if it's because you want to make someone else jealous. It never ends well.

HAVE A GREAT SNUGGLING WKND'S TO ALL WITH A WONDERFUL FATHER'S DAY OF LOVE, LIFE, PEACE AND HAPPINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile:flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

frankfk's photo
Fri 06/19/09 01:59 PM
Edited by frankfk on Fri 06/19/09 02:00 PM
thanks tanya dedicated for you, have a great wknd, give a hug to ur sweet little angel from me.flowerforyou flowerforyou
waving hey (((frank))) good stuff!

frankfk's photo
Fri 06/19/09 10:24 AM
thanksflowerforyou
All Great Quotes frank :banana:

These all came in a time I when I needed to hear them the most. drinks

Especially the first one. I have been telling myself this alot
lately...

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25