Community > Posts By > rebkel

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:57 AM
I'm (and I'm assuimg we're) not saying that a woman shouldn't be opinionated or stand up for herself. But yes, some people aren't going to react that as kindly as they would someone that is more easy-going and less argumentative. If that's the person you want to be and you love that about yourself, then you go girl and rock on. But if you don't like the response you are getting from people, perhaps you should consider toning it down a tad.

Make sense? flowerforyou

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:48 AM

Sugar, people who judge you and don't know you have no idea, I adore you... you and I are alot alike. We calls em' like we see's em'... and for people who live in "Niceville" that disrupts their delicate sensibilities.

Don't sweat it, they are the ones with the issues...not you.

Don't change, or then I'll be angry....explode And no one wants that wrath...laugh laugh laugh

Side note: Society puts this submissive persona on women like it's our duty to please people... F*CK THAT NOISE...

You're a good person....love

OMG...that is such psycho-babble bullsh*t...everyone has opinions...but b*tching is just b*tching...

Agreed, what kind of feminist bull **** jargon is that? Or should I say feminazi?????

Thus I maketh my point....

I "have" to be cute, careful of what I say??? I "have" to smile and watch my body language???....ummm I dont think so, I'd rather be a b!tch any day instead of a floor mat...

No, you certainly don't have to. But at the same time, there's no sense in complaining about it, if you aren't willing to change anything about it. Just a thought. flowerforyou

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:26 AM
Maybe it would help if you smiled in your picture.

flowerforyou :smile: flowerforyou :smile: flowerforyou

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:13 AM
Nope, but today's actually my last day at my job! I start a new, better-paying, awesome job on Monday!

drinker bigsmile drinker bigsmile drinker

rebkel's photo
Thu 05/29/08 09:42 AM
AA meetings.

laugh :tongue: laugh :tongue: laugh

rebkel's photo
Mon 05/26/08 01:46 PM
It's pretty good, it's just a little simple. I would add a little more info about yourself. What you do in your free time, some of your favorite things to do, etc. And maybe a few more pictures?

Hope that helps! And good luck. flowerforyou

rebkel's photo
Thu 05/22/08 04:30 PM
* That moment when you realize that the food the server is carrying is yours
* The feeling of your bed the first night you come home from a long vacation
* The first moment the hot shower water hits you when it's so cold outside that your toes are froze
* When you look at the clock on a Friday and you realize you only have ten minutes left until the weekend
* Finding one extra french fry hiding behind your sandwich when you thought you already ate them all
* Closing the book after you finished the very last page
* Hearing your alarm clock only to realize that it's Saturday and you can sleep in as late as you want
* Finding the best parking spot in an incredibly over-crowded parking lot
* A nice, cool breeze when you're relaxing on a sun-soaked beach
* The way your hair feels after using a new conditioner
* Realizing a government holiday is coming up meaning you have a three-day weekend
* Coming home to a recently cleaned house
* Receiving a real hand-written letter in the mail
* Lying in bed and recollecting all of the events that happened on the great date you just had
* The productive feeling after a day full of errands and chores that you've been meaning to do for a while
* The sun's warmth on a summer day that is just the right temperature
* The excitement of someone opening a present you gave them that you know they are going to love
* The cleansing feeling after a really good cry

rebkel's photo
Wed 05/21/08 12:58 PM

I hate that guy. Don't you have to be funny to be a comedian?

I second that! drinker

rebkel's photo
Tue 05/20/08 09:44 AM

you just met him he could be some kind of psycho meet him there

Haha, no I'm good. My good friend has known him for at least a year or so 'cause he works with him. He's a really sweet, harmless guy. The people I met that knew him had only good things to say.

rebkel's photo
Tue 05/20/08 09:36 AM
I met a guy at a wedding last weekend, and now we have a date tonight! He's picking me up at 5pm, and we're doing dinner and a movie. I don't know what movie or what restaurant, though, he said it's a surprise :wink:

I'm so nervous! I really hope it goes well. He's such a gentleman and pretty cute. love

rebkel's photo
Mon 05/19/08 09:34 AM
A rather confident man walks into a bar and takes a seat next to a very attractive woman. He gives her a quick glance, then casually looks at his watch for a moment.

The woman notices this and asks, 'Is your date running late?'

'No', he replies, 'I just bought this state-of-the-art watch and I was just testing it.'

The intrigued woman says, 'A state-of-the-art watch? What's so special about it?'

'It uses alpha waves to telepathically talk to me,' he explains.

'What's it telling you now?'

'Well, it says you're not wearing any panties...'

The woman giggles and replies, 'Well it must be broken then because I am wearing panties!'

The man explains, 'Damn thing must be an hour fast.'

rebkel's photo
Mon 05/19/08 05:40 AM

That sounds good...when you find him will you see if he has a brother? drinker

Haha, you got it. :wink:

rebkel's photo
Mon 05/19/08 05:34 AM
I supposed what it comes down to is that I'm looking for a nice guy with a kick. Someone that will hold doors for me, buy me flowers for no reason, bring me soup when I'm sick, but also says "that's what she said" at borderline inappropriate times, be as competitive and feisty as I am at beer pong, and come right back at me with a witty response when I say something sarcastic.

Just a thought.

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/16/08 09:43 AM

I've only been to a handful of weddings, and I've got to tell you- I was pretty much left cold. Boring as hell, lots of sobbing by the parents of the wife/groom, and the music stinks (who the hell plays elevator music at a wedding, anyway?).

Gotta admit, though- getting hit on by drunken (not to mention INCREDIBLY horny) bridesmaids was a pretty big plus. bigsmile

Haha, well I may just be one of those bridesmaids. I'm the maid of honor at my brother's wedding. And I definitely will have my eye out. love

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/16/08 09:38 AM
"My friends are getting married, and I'm just getting drunk!"

Being in my early twenties, I get several wedding invitations a year. Honestly, I love it! Free food and booze and lots of dancing! drinker

In about a month, my brother and best friend are getting married which makes the wedding that much more fun! And tonight I'm going as a +1 with my friend to one of his buddies' weddings. It rocks! glasses

Plus, it gives me a reason to buy a new dress and get all dolled up. :tongue:

Have you guys been to lots of weddings? Do you enjoy it as much as I do? bigsmile

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/16/08 05:20 AM

Hey good luck with the new job.. I work in the engineering field as well and I totally understand the grumpy old men thing...LOL.. Have you done a tour or something of the new company and is the situation there as far as men to women ratio any better. I found that when there is a higher ratio of women at a company they tend to be... well... more understanding to say the least. But they also say that it takes approximately 2 years before a designer or engineer can truely become productive in their specific field. I'm still learning new things and I've been at my company for over a year now. I do wish you the best of luck though!

Yeah, the new place has about 25 people or so, and I saw about 10 women or so the couple times I was there. My one friend (a girl) works there now and she loves it. There are definitely more females and more people my age, which really makes the position that much more desirable.

I'm in my early twenties! I want co-workers I can go out with! drinker

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/16/08 05:14 AM
Okay, I just wrote up a resignation letter and have it ready to go! I just hope my boss comes in soon so I can get it over with. I know he'll be understanding, I'm just going to miss these people so much! sad

I'm too damn emotional. laugh

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/16/08 04:53 AM
Edited by rebkel on Fri 05/16/08 04:54 AM

Just tell him what's on your mind.....if he doesn't like it then too bad... You gotta look out for you. Be honest with yourself. I do have a question for you though....do you have another job to back this one up???

Oh, yes definitely. I was offered a position with more responsibilities and 10k more a year at another engineering firm.

If they matched the offer....would you stay? Do you think that's a possibility? I would consider that, instead of just leaving. Either way....good luck.

At first, I thought I would. But the problem is that I was an intern first for about a year. I've been a hired employee for the last six months (no longer with intern status) but my responsibilities haven't increased at all. So the only way I would stay is if they gave me more of a challenge.

I definitely am stuck with the grunt work right now, and I think it's difficult for them to see me as anything other than an intern. (It doesn't help that I'm only 22, very recent college grad, and they are all middle-aged men that are married with children.)

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/16/08 04:45 AM

Just tell him what's on your mind.....if he doesn't like it then too bad... You gotta look out for you. Be honest with yourself. I do have a question for you though....do you have another job to back this one up???

Oh, yes definitely. I was offered a position with more responsibilities and 10k more a year at another engineering firm.

rebkel's photo
Fri 05/16/08 04:41 AM
I'm giving my boss my two-weeks today. I love the people, but I know it's the best decision for me. I'm really nervous about talking to him, though. frown

Anyone have any advice for me? flowerforyou

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11