Community > Posts By > Dragonl0ve

Dragonl0ve's photo
Wed 04/16/08 05:38 PM

I personally would not be so quick to jump into the dating pool right now. My ex & I were pretty much finished when I was a few weeks into my pregnancy, but didn't officially split up until my daughter was 5 weeks old. I couldn't even imagine starting a relationship during my pregancy. First of all, you just recently broke up with your bf, so jumping into another relationship so soon might be construed as rebounding. Considering you are 4 months pregnant, this must be a very recent break up. Second, & most importantly, you have a daughter who not only has to adjust to a new baby, but would also have to adjust to a new man/men in moms life. It just seems like a little much for a child to have to take in. Let this be a great opportunity to spend very quality time alone with her without anyone else in your way- & before the baby arrives.

Thank you. This gives me anothr prespective on it. I highly doubt I will date. I am soooo emotional right now. One min I am super happy and bouncy, then I am tired and irritable.... lol, not to meantion that is pretty much any guys worst nightmare :p

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 04:44 PM
Well thank you ddn. I def understand the devil's advocate. I have to admit.. I have done it once or twice myself. I really wish it wasn't like this, but I am trying to make the best of the situation. On a lighter note, my daughter is thrilled she will be a big sister soon :)

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 02:00 PM
Thank you everyone who replied. I pretty much figured I would need to get a lawyer. I hate to drag it through the courts, but if I don't and something happened to the baby in his care....

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 01:55 PM
I think nobody is bothering to respond to that because it is obvious you just think I am some loser who doesn't care about my kids. I don't have to prove anything. I am simply asking others if I should seek legal advise or try some new approach.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 01:48 PM
The father of my daughter? Yes, he has proven that he is a good person. He loves his daughter and has only her best interest in mind. He pays for her schooling so she doesn't attend a public school here. SC is 50th state for public education. Her father has maintained contact with her when he couldn't see her via phone calls. He was around for the first three years all the time cause we were still together. I have no doubt she would be taken care but he feels it is best for her to live with me. I am still more stable and able to spend the time that is required with her.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 01:45 PM
I don't want to deny a father the right to se his child, I just feel he has too many problems to be allowed to keep a child alone. This is the same man who thought it was ok to leave my sleeping six year old alone in the house for TWO hours. FYI, I kicked him out the same day he said that. Told him it was over.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 01:42 PM

a couple times a month ..???? like the first child.????

frown

I know that is not much. I don't deny her father the right to see her whenever he wants. The amount of time is his choice.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 01:38 PM

Well in the first place unless he goes to court he has no rights what so ever. You can put on the birth cert. father unknown not much he can do about it unless he gets an attorney and goes to court for a DNA test.

Well I would ask what you were doing with such a man but looks like you will live with that the rest of your life.

But now if you want to put him down as the father ect. it still has to go to court before he actually has visitation rights then along will go child support. If and when that happens all you have to do is request that his visits are supervised the courts will set it up. My sisters ex had to go to a place that was set up were he could see his son with others around it was a place the courts set up where others are around to watch them and to step in if needed.

In my state, if the father is not there at the time of birth, they will not put him on the birth certificate. Otherwise, you could put anybody's name on the certificate.

It is the same here. Unless he is there at the birth and agrees he is the father, they put unknown. This is also a very mother oriented state. Fathers have no chance unless the mother is a crack whore. Which I am def not! I don't even smoke cig and rarly drink.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 01:34 PM
He started out as a good guy. It quickly became apparent that I should watch him carefully. I was very careful when he was around my other child. I tried getting him to go get help. Finally realized that we needed to part ways.

I am not really worried about him getting custody. I own my own home, have lived here for five years. had a stable job for two years, and the previous one was seven years. My daughter is a wonderful student is a private local school. I have always had full custody of her. Her father and I are very amicable and even borderline friends. He sees her a couple times a month.

My ex on the other hand, has not lived in one place for more than a year, he has a history of drinking, is divorced, hasn't paid taxes in five years, has not held a job for more than a year.... plus all the other things.

I cannot believe how much I didn't see. I try to see the best in people and believe in them. There really is no excuse. I made a mistake but I will not allow it to be taken out on the baby. I love my daughter and am quickly falling in love with the baby inside me.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Mon 04/14/08 01:20 PM
Ok, this is a little long. I will try my best not to drift either.

I am recently out of a very short term relationship with a friend of the family. We dated for three months. Well, I was stupid and trusted something he said, now I am pregnant. I already have a six year old (by another man). We split up and things were amicable enough until..... he asked me if I was going to give the baby his last name. Big fat NO!! I was of course much nicer about it to him. I explained to him that we are not married and not even dating. I am the one who will have to get up every night with the baby, miss work if he is sick, explain to him why dad is not there, etc etc.

Another issue I have is that if he is to see the baby I feel it must be supervised or at my home with me present. Here are my reasons..... He is a convicted felon, has a drinking problem, has a sexual problem (and I mean that he needs to have counseling), cannot handle a six year old without drinking, thinks it is ok to leave a child unattended for 2 hours alone in the house, has depression issues, and has never had any children of his own. I honestly fear for the baby's life if he gets him alone. He could get totally stressed and shake the baby and kill him!! He knows NOTHING about children.

It may seem I am stretching the truth or that I am crazy for even dating him. I probably am. I had no idea of any of these issues until recently. I broke it off immediately.

What should I do? I am thinking get an attorney. I don't want to deny him seeing his child, I just think it should be strictly monitored.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Sat 04/12/08 06:57 PM
Thanks everyone. I am focusing on my family right now. Daughter, baby, and myself. Like I said, I am not dwelling on it. I was up late one night (a joy of pregnancy lol) and just making conversation on a random subject that occured to me.

My family is totally supportive of helping me with anything they can. It is a huge help. Have several friends who are as well. Guess I like the thought of "takes a village to raise a child"

:)

Dragonl0ve's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:33 PM

The egg, Dinosaurs had eggs way before chicken even existed.

Although scientist say that birds evolved from dinosaurs.

Just adding my two cents :p

Dragonl0ve's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:24 PM
Like I said earlier, I am just focusing on my daughter and one to come right now. Mostly on my daughter cause she has been an only child for this long and I am nervous how she will adjust to not having me to herself.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:20 PM
I don't really think it will be an issue because how often is a pregnant woman even asked out. But curiosity got me thinking about it.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:14 PM
A really good friend of mine met her husband while she was pregnant with her daughter. He ended up being like her father and the little girl still daoesn't know that he isn't.

The real father has never seen her.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:11 PM
Wow, that is really situational. What are the circumstances?

Dragonl0ve's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:10 PM
No ring. Never have a guy around.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Wed 04/09/08 04:09 PM
So I want to know what everyone thinks. I recently broke up with my boyfriend (long story short, he ended up being a total loser) welllll.... I am also sixteen weeks pregnant. While right now I am just focusing on that and my five year old child I do wonder, is dating while I am pregnant wrong? Should I be worried that guys will not approach me, or if they do, that they are just after one thing?

Discuss :)

Dragonl0ve's photo
Sun 04/06/08 08:01 PM

Yes, it sounds like a ridiculous question, but honestly, I'm clueless. I went from a 3-year relationship with someone who started out as a good friend, straight into a 4.5-year relationship with someone who I thought was my best friend... who subsequently cheated on me numerous times. Never married... and never really 'dated'!

And now I find myself feeling empowered to be single, and clueless at the same time. I look upon women who meet lots of people & go out on numerous dates with both admiration & envy. How do I become one of them?

Pft, when you find out, please... enlighten me as well. My best friend is one of those. Guys flock to her, but she has never managed to stay in a relationship for more than 6 months. Me on the other hand, I am the shy one. I have been in several relationships, all very serious and usually long. No idea what dating is though lol.

Dragonl0ve's photo
Sun 04/06/08 07:52 PM
Oh, a puppy and a littlest pet shop is a sure way to end in a tearful little girl.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8