Community > Posts By > iphoneguy

iphoneguy's photo
Fri 01/27/12 05:22 AM

Do you think someone being disabled should matter in a relationship?

Inspirational people with amazing life achievements.....

Sudha Chandran...After losing her right leg, Sudha went on to become an acclaimed dancer who preforms world wide.

Marla Runyan, blind ...She is a 3 time National champion in the women's 5000 meter, 4 time Gold Medal winner in the Paralympics, and the first blind person to compete in the Olympics....

Vincent Van Gogh, mentally ill...Regarded as on of the greatest painters the world has ever seen...

Ludwig van Beethoven, DEAF!...One of the greatest composers in history...

Frida Kahlo, Polio...First Mexican artist whose work was purchased by an international museum...

Christy Brown, cerebral palsy...Famous author, painter, poet...He wrote the autobiography that became the Academy Award winning film "My Left Foot"....

John Nash, schizophrenia...Noble laureate American mathematician...Academy award winning film "A Beautiful Mind was loosely based on his biography...

Jean-Dominique Bauby, paralyzed from head to toe...French journalist and author, editor of ELLE magazine...

Stephen Hawkin, sclerosis...World renowned theoretical physicist....

Helen Keller, blind and deaf...American author, political activist, lecturer with a lifetime history of amazing achievements....

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Ten hearts for ten incredibly gifted disabled men and women.....

:heart: drinker :heart: drinker :heart: drinker :heart: drinker :heart: drinker

and also including my beloved cousin, who had polio and was in a

wheelchair for many years before he went home to be with the

Lord....he was one of the most successful men around... well

loved by everyone who met him...he never ceased to have a

kind word and a wonderful smile for everyone he met !!!!!!

oh....and he had met a BEAUTIFUL woman who loved and cherished

him... and they were happily married for many years also !!

:heart::heart::heart:

it's just like i said your cousin had the kind of attitude i have now which is pure awesomeness, it's all about perception

iphoneguy's photo
Fri 01/27/12 04:51 AM
Edited by iphoneguy on Fri 01/27/12 05:23 AM
simply put the doctors told me I would be dead in 99, it's now 2012. the disease i have is suppose to kill you when you're 10-13. i defied the doctors and the odds, not only that but i've had 3 girlfriends. the bottom line is and this is what I was trying to tell you before, every single person in the entire world has, what I refer to as "baggage" lol i got this term from a tv show called how I met your mother. anyways back on point, even the hottest (at least according to mainstream society) girl/guy has issues. the thing is when you have something wrong physically it's more noticeable, when it's mental baggage, or if it's physically impossible to hide your baggage (like in my case), you have to do everything you can to establish an emotional connection, if you can do that the physical will become irrelevant. it's easier to hide scars, bruises and things like that. for example, if a girl or guy is genuinely in love with someone and he/she get into some type of accident and something becomes physically wrong with the accident victim, the girl/guy doesn't just outright leave, not a lot of the time any way. of course there are exceptions, but the point is that the physical/emotional connection is there so it doesn't matter what's wrong with him/her. obviously we don't have that luxury, so the best way of handling it is to make it seem like our physical limitations are nothing major. it's all about perception, if you feel sad, ugly, like a victim etc everyone will perceive you that way. if you live you don't live life not giving a you know what, and always just worry about what others are doing and looking at etc you're gonna be living a very depressed life. trust me it's much easier to say it than to do it. i have my days of "why me?" and being sad etc but I always snap myself out of it because there's no other choice, either you can live your life happily, or live it with the attitude of "woe is me." the choice is yours you have to find the change within yourself. if you think therapy might help it doesn't hurt to try, just try it, don't be ashamed to. you have to try to have a FTW! attitude to really live happily, i'm not saying be nasty to everyone, but you have to develop a carefree attitude in the sense which nobody will never ever again see you as a victim. those are my thoughts and suggestions, hopefully it wasn't TOO lengthy for everyone lol, not that I care =P lol i couldn't resist saying that.

iphoneguy's photo
Wed 01/25/12 02:55 AM
Edited by iphoneguy on Wed 01/25/12 03:13 AM
i'm 26 been in a wheelchair my entire life. disease matters it's sad but it's the awful truth. just on mingle2 alone, i have one picture with me and my brother. most girls find my brother really attractive and so they send me a message, as soon as they find out i'm not my brother they say, "sorry I don't wanna talk to you I thought you were the other guy." bottom line is it's irrelevant if you're a girl or a guy if you have a disease, everyone looks at you differently. they always will because people are generally speaking cruel, just live your life to the fullest and to hell with everyone who can't see past it. that's what I have been doing and I couldn't be happier. in public the main thing is you have to COMMAND attention as in don't make yourself out to be a victim. FORCE (metaphorically of course) people to treat you the same as everyone else. be outgoing don't pay attention to anyone looking at you differently or anything like that, if you really wanna say something to someone just be like "i know i'm hot, so I hope you're enjoying the view of me." or something along those lines. that person will be embarrassed and everyone else will be like "wow, what a great attitude to have considering everything." all of this has worked for me plenty of times, i have a pretty severe disease and so if it works flawlessly for me it will for you guarantee it.

iphoneguy's photo
Wed 01/25/12 02:21 AM
hey, i joined about a year ago. i then I stopped using mingle2 because I had a girlfriend. i'm single again and i've redone my entire profile i thought I would re-introduce myself to everyone again =].

iphoneguy's photo
Fri 07/22/11 12:09 AM

i had someone tell me a few weeks ago, this Christian girl, "please believe, i want you to be in heaven with me." i just looked at her like seriously?

Man, don't be stupid. That chick wants to bone you. "Whose place? Yours, mine, or the one upstairs?"

lmao you're right she does she said so herself

Under sharia rule and islamic belief, is it permissible to sneak in a seventy-eighth virgin into the place?

i honestly wouldn't know lol i don't remember and don't really care enough to research

iphoneguy's photo
Tue 07/12/11 03:13 AM

iphoneguy, s1owhand is just playing around with u man. As for who controls what, it doesnt really matter.. Its all set in stone and theres nothing that can be done from a religous point of view.

I don't agree with that one. In fact religion is one of the ways they are able to keep their power in that way IMO. By getting people to believe that "oh it all has to happen this way cause of a book that predicted it 2000 years ago", when really that's completely false. But we accept it and don't fight it when we ought to be.

^^this dead on bro completely agree with

iphoneguy's photo
Mon 07/11/11 02:55 AM

its funny, I saw this post and i immediately said "omg finally people who think like me!" i spent the past year writing about religion. i've taken a lot of heat from people for it. i was born into a muslim family and left islam at 16, i explored Judaism and christianity. its all BS i'm almost 26 now. anyway its funny because i'm completely surrounded by religion obsessed people (christianity Judaism islam etc etc). i have a disease called muscular dystrophy, everyone has this misconception that i'm "angry at god," so i deny his existence lol. it can't possibly be because i'm RATIONAL? to the OP, i feel your frustration bro. i can't eat pork in my own house because my family is obsessed with islam. i had someone tell me a few weeks ago, this Christian girl, "please believe, i want you to be in heaven with me." i just looked at her like seriously? anyway that's enough ranting, if anyone wants to read my blog about religion and how i debunked Judaism islam and christianity, send me a message i don't think i'm allowed to post it here, i would love some feedback from fellow atheists/agnostics, especially since everyone whos read it is religion obsessed.
You can post links. I would be interested.

here you are truba11a.blogspot.com

iphoneguy's photo
Mon 07/11/11 02:53 AM

i had someone tell me a few weeks ago, this Christian girl, "please believe, i want you to be in heaven with me." i just looked at her like seriously?

Man, don't be stupid. That chick wants to bone you. "Whose place? Yours, mine, or the one upstairs?"

lmao you're right she does she said so herself

iphoneguy's photo
Mon 07/11/11 02:46 AM
lol yeah i didn't realize he was

iphoneguy's photo
Sun 06/26/11 03:23 AM
Edited by iphoneguy on Sun 06/26/11 03:23 AM
yeah because their parents switch their teeth with money, are you serious right now?

iphoneguy's photo
Sun 06/26/11 02:09 AM

well fyi there's massive amounts of evidence supporting the tooth fairy this is coming from an agnostic

laugh

right ok provide evidence of the tooth fairy....

iphoneguy's photo
Sun 06/26/11 01:45 AM
Edited by iphoneguy on Sun 06/26/11 01:45 AM

just because people believe in the illuminati doesn't make them crazy 9/11, indeed was an inside job, anyone who doesn't see that is delusional, just as the masses who follow religion are delusional. there's no reason for tin foil hat pictures.

Just because people believe in the tooth fairy it doesn't make them crazy but it also does not mean the tooth fairy is real!

laugh

well fyi there's massive amounts of evidence supporting the "crazy conspiracy theories" this is coming from an atheist.

iphoneguy's photo
Sun 06/26/11 01:19 AM
just because people believe in the illuminati doesn't make them crazy 9/11, indeed was an inside job, anyone who doesn't see that is delusional, just as the masses who follow religion are delusional. there's no reason for tin foil hat pictures.

iphoneguy's photo
Sun 06/26/11 12:47 AM
Edited by iphoneguy on Sun 06/26/11 12:50 AM
its funny, I saw this post and i immediately said "omg finally people who think like me!" i spent the past year writing about religion. i've taken a lot of heat from people for it. i was born into a muslim family and left islam at 16, i explored Judaism and christianity. its all BS i'm almost 26 now. anyway its funny because i'm completely surrounded by religion obsessed people (christianity Judaism islam etc etc). i have a disease called muscular dystrophy, everyone has this misconception that i'm "angry at god," so i deny his existence lol. it can't possibly be because i'm RATIONAL? to the OP, i feel your frustration bro. i can't eat pork in my own house because my family is obsessed with islam. i had someone tell me a few weeks ago, this Christian girl, "please believe, i want you to be in heaven with me." i just looked at her like seriously? anyway that's enough ranting, if anyone wants to read my blog about religion and how i debunked Judaism islam and christianity, send me a message i don't think i'm allowed to post it here, i would love some feedback from fellow atheists/agnostics, especially since everyone whos read it is religion obsessed.

iphoneguy's photo
Fri 05/27/11 11:20 PM

That's a wide range there drinker

lol yeah it's actually kind of a "let's see what girls come this way"

iphoneguy's photo
Fri 05/27/11 11:18 PM
lmao you make me feel like a kid

iphoneguy's photo
Wed 05/25/11 10:42 PM
yayyy torgo!

iphoneguy's photo
Wed 05/25/11 01:59 AM

hey everyone what did everyone think of the smallville series finale? i've watched from the very beginning in 2001, i thought it was one of the greatest finales i've ever seen, great show i'm gonna miss it =\. for people who haven't seen it you really should watch it from the very beginning, it's excellent =]

i've missed most of season 10 so i'm waiting for the dvd's this time.

like you i've watched since the beginning up until this season. i caught a few of the first episodes of season 10, but i work nights and don't have a dvr. i heard the finale was pretty awesome. i don't want to know any details though.

. . .

oh no worries i won't spoil it for u the finale was incredible

iphoneguy's photo
Wed 05/25/11 01:38 AM
for me the greatest horror franchise is EASILY saw, SAW 1 blew my mind no movie has come close to that, all 7 were AMAZING, the skeleton key and nightmare on elm street. sci-fi movie would have to be armageddon/deep impact, and inception, now those are the non marvel sci fi favorites, marvel sci fi favorites include x-men spider-man batman and of course superman. favorite sci fi favorites include lost smallville dollhouse firefly reunion and daybreak just to name a few i've got a massive sci fi tv show list lol.

iphoneguy's photo
Wed 05/25/11 01:18 AM
hey everyone what did everyone think of the smallville series finale? i've watched from the very beginning in 2001, i thought it was one of the greatest finales i've ever seen, great show i'm gonna miss it =\. for people who haven't seen it you really should watch it from the very beginning, it's excellent =]

Previous 1