Community > Posts By > reydar

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 10:14 AM
kooky

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 10:10 AM

Well gosh I think it's safe to say that posting that lie on a lighted sign in front of a church wasn't motivated by love, truth or in the interest of creating a better world.

well...I'll let you two define what is and isn't hate...I see an argument...right around the corner...gulp !!...waving

friendly debate... lol

I'm just saying.. at some point the freedom of speech has to be stunted. otherwise, hate crimes would run free and ya know I think its okay to hate someone, but acting on that hate and saying untruths is uncalled for.. see the attached..

Libel and slander are legal claims for false statements of fact about a person that are printed, broadcast, spoken or otherwise communicated to others. Libel generally refers to statements or visual depictions in written or other permanent form, while slander refers to verbal statements and gestures. The term defamation is often used to encompass both libel and slander.

In order for the person about whom a statement is made to recover for libel, the false statement must be defamatory, meaning that it actually harms the reputation of the other person, as opposed to being merely insulting or offensive.

The statement(s) alleged to be defamatory must also have been published to at least one other person (other than the subject of the statement) and must be "of and concerning" the plaintiff. That is, those hearing or reading the statement must identify it specifically with the plaintiff.

The statement(s) alleged to be defamatory must also be a false statement of fact. That which is name-calling, hyperbole, or, however characterized, cannot be proven true or false, cannot be the subject of a libel or slander claim.

The defamatory statement must also have been made with fault. The extent of the fault depends primarily on the status of the plaintiff. Public figures, such as government officials, celebrities, well-known individuals, and people involved in specific public controversies, are required to prove actual malice, a legal term which means the defendant knew his statement was false or recklessly disregarded the truth or falsity of his statement. In most jurisdictions, private individuals must show only that the defendant was negligent: that he failed to act with due care in the situation.

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 10:06 AM
Edited by reydar on Tue 11/18/08 10:07 AM
oogler.

oh and for pda,

snobbish

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 10:05 AM
tease

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 10:04 AM
your right it isn't.. and I hope every member of his church, switches churches... and that he is all alone in his views.

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 10:03 AM
submissive

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 10:03 AM
shiny

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 10:00 AM
Edited by reydar on Tue 11/18/08 10:01 AM

"Bringing religion into politics takes away that true meaning of freedom" templter 2008

I guess I'm just focusing on the freedom of speech aspect...like I've said before...when the Nazi's marched in Skokie...it was hateful and wrong...but...allowed...sadly in this country...it's freedom to love and freedom to hate...

So are you saying its okay to commit hate crimes IE: call a guy at work a N.....??? that is a hate crime.

I'm justsaying it's free to hate...and...to love...crime ?...I don't think I mentioned that...it's about protest...speech...

I think that when this church is teaching people to hate, they are teaching people to be predjudice, and most predjudice brings crime... Crime prevention, is all i'm saying...indifferent

saying Obama is a Muslim is preaching hate ?...

I think in this day and age, YES.. especially when it says that it is evil..

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:59 AM
unusual

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:58 AM
sparkley.

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:57 AM
creative.

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:55 AM

"Bringing religion into politics takes away that true meaning of freedom" templter 2008

I guess I'm just focusing on the freedom of speech aspect...like I've said before...when the Nazi's marched in Skokie...it was hateful and wrong...but...allowed...sadly in this country...it's freedom to love and freedom to hate...

So are you saying its okay to commit hate crimes IE: call a guy at work a N.....??? that is a hate crime.

I'm justsaying it's free to hate...and...to love...crime ?...I don't think I mentioned that...it's about protest...speech...

I think that when this church is teaching people to hate, they are teaching people to be predjudice, and most predjudice brings crime... Crime prevention, is all i'm saying...

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:53 AM
(LOL I do wear optical perscriptions LMAO) but

beautiful

comes to mind once again.

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:52 AM
Alls I can say is big girls/guys need loven too.. I personally do not care for morbid obesity, also, though I can't do anorexic skinny.. I'm a big girl and I don't have any problems meeting guys... I come here to meet friends.. but hey for real, I prefer guys who are taller than me... thats the big thing.. between 190 to 250 is good.. small guys tend to break easier.

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:48 AM
Toes

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:47 AM
slim

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:46 AM
MMJ isn't so mean.. drinks

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:45 AM

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:43 AM
It is but.. for if you take into consideration the church out of Topeka that protests at funerals... I believe some states have made laws preventing this such behavior... as such I believe that church should be separated from state. This church obviously isn't for the separation though... This is why churches get burned down.. IMO...

reydar's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:41 AM
is one of Jerry's main guests

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25