Community > Posts By > buffry

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 07:13 AM

the truth is everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for

And there ya go! :)

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 07:10 AM

I prayed and gave it over to Jesus Christ and God. I pray and hope all goes well with a full recovery for baby and family.

Thank you!

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:40 AM

I'm a hopeless romantic but the concept of there being just "one" somewhere for all of us seems too much the stuff of man rather than one of God's practical jokes! I've been with two women that I truly thought were soul mates...and they thought the same of me. Perhaps - just perhaps - we make too big a deal out of finding "the" one. I do know...and believe in the laws of attraction...and the energy that flows from you - positive or negative - draws others like a magnet. Get your heart, mind and soul together...and the positive forces that flow...will allow you to find someone who is a soulmate. Does it matter so much if he or she is the only one...if you find happiness? I choose to be positive...I will find another of my soul mates.

Wise words...I have been through many. I know this time, that I am done! We are both fighters and I think we are the same in knowing that we will never give up on each other.

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:38 AM
Thank you everyone!

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:36 AM
I was raised to respect my elders and sustain the innocense of a child to the best of my abilities. I drop the f bomb frequently when with friends or really needing to express anger. But, there always is a place and time. On a public adult forum....you best ****in expect people to swear.

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:30 AM

The Victim

a heart much larger than the mind
outgoing, free spirited
defenseless, blind
loving, trusting
naive to the ways of mankind

few can escape their fate
as if born to satisfy the need
of predators who lie in wait
to make the soul's hymen bleed

childhood is lost
its innocence gone
broken and tattered
left to carry on

shame and despair
was never yours to claim
yet your own mirror
reflects the blame

silly broken girl
who trusted the world
beats herself, almost to death
until, within one last breath

THE HEALER

She begins to understand
that innocence is pure
so sacred a treasure
it is never secure

but must be protected
at any cost
yet how do you protect
what has already been lost

the daily struggles
through torment and tears
begin to cleanse her soul
redirecting her fears

unto those who can relate
to such a horrid affair
they become bonded by fate
through the experience they share

THE NURTURER

compassion returns
replacing bitter memories
she feels the need
to soothe another's agony

to hold and caress
their tender shattered hearts
never forgetting the day
her own was blown apart

but she is a WOMAN!
and that's what they do
they live and they learn
THANK GOD FOR YOU!....

This poem is dedicated to those women
who know and have experienced the agonies within, those who bond and uplift each other through the pain, the healing process and the acknowledgement that they are indeed the strength of all nations...It is a bond that men can't comprehend, nor will they ever, because we are brutal, wreckless, and they are the essence of love, and that is why they survive.

Wow...that was beautiful. And most men do not carry the same view on women as you! Thank you, your words brightened my day

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:26 AM

that's right!laugh i'm hoping the right woman will come along here on mingle! but i have also talked to so women on here that's been very fake!:smile:

Just don't lose hope. I did the online thing for almost three years. Man did I meet some whackos. Just keep on truckin until you find the person you want and need. Do not settle for anything less than you deserve. My mother actually got to the point where she was angry for my love life being like a revolving door, lol. But I would not settle. Now I have the best husband I think has ever existed! flowerforyou

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:24 AM

I admire the weakness
The untouched innocence
Like that of a child
One unscathed and pure
As I never was
As I was never allowed to be

^wow, nice insertion here, reminds me of the children of alcoholics....enjoyed the read throughout...very nice

Thank you...had some things to get off my chest at 4am apparently. Just started writing anything that came to mind, without editing or formatting and that's how it ended up. Glad you liked it! flowerforyou

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:22 AM

"The one" is a lot like Beauty and the Beast, everyone with a head on their shoulders knows in real life it wouldn't happen...kind of like how logical people know that "the one" is unrealistic and that love is really just a fairy tale in the long-run...a lot like Beauty and the Beast.

Simple reason why love doesn't exist, humanity killed it...how? With hate...I despise mankind for the hate it has created, and I despise mankind for hiding it behind a veil of "love".

Oh fear..why so negative?

Not negative, realistic.:wink:

Well...I am as real as they come. My fairtale happened. I found the person I am meant to be with. It can happen, if you allow it to.

Perhaps.

Ahh there's the fear I know! The one who is willing to see outside the realm of what is comfortable for you to accept.

Anything is a possibility, regardless of it not being all that realistic. Personally, I won't find love, I already did...and I screwed it up years ago. It won't happen again, simply because I never forgave myself for the mistakes I made. Sure I can date, and have a good time as you know, I'm even sociable in a social environment...but at the same time I can't stand most people, I can't stand the anger and aggression they exude, the pain they cause day in and day out with no remorse or backthought to it.

People with a high IQ, the very intelligent, we see the world as it is...turned over waiting to fall...

Honey...I think you know very well from meeting me in the flesh, that I am absolutely not lacking in the intelligence area. Love and life itself is what you make of it. Your choice, now choose wisely and stop insulting people.

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:06 AM
I think that everyone has had some kind of heartache. To me, dating is not a matter of finding what you want so much as what you do not want. Trial and error. It is the only way that people learn. Bitterness and hate get people no where. Forgive and forget however, easier said than done!flowerforyou

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:03 AM

"The one" is a lot like Beauty and the Beast, everyone with a head on their shoulders knows in real life it wouldn't happen...kind of like how logical people know that "the one" is unrealistic and that love is really just a fairy tale in the long-run...a lot like Beauty and the Beast.

Simple reason why love doesn't exist, humanity killed it...how? With hate...I despise mankind for the hate it has created, and I despise mankind for hiding it behind a veil of "love".

Well...I am as real as they come. My fairtale happened. I found the person I am meant to be with. It can happen, if you allow it to.

Perhaps.

Ahh there's the fear I know! The one who is willing to see outside the realm of what is comfortable for you to accept.

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:02 AM

Many thoughts and prayers out to this little girl and her family. So much to go through at such a young age.

Thank you, she is too young for this. And the sad thing is that the treatment is harsh and the studies are not all that great. They have no successful difinitives on treatment for this illness.

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 06:00 AM

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 05:56 AM

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 05:54 AM
Thanks John...means a lot coming from you! flowerforyou

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 05:53 AM
Thank you! One wonders how it possible that horrible abusive parents exist and then the wonderful ones that dont deserve this type of thing get it. I am just at my whits end. Call me bitter, call me whatever you like, but I am sooo angry at the world and the God, if he's out there that should be saving this child and this family's heart.

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 05:19 AM
About my niece Madalynne. Here is the most recent update on her condition and treatment as posted by her mother. Please keep her and the Kersting family in your prayers. I do not care what religion you are, I do not care if you even believe in God or the Devil himself. Do whatever you believe to get this little girl home to her family. Cast a spell...say a hail mary...man I am grasping at straws. For those of you who do not know. She just turned one about a month ago and was two days later diagnosed with a type of cancer called Ependymosis.

Mady will have surgery on Thursday at 9:15am to insert a port. It is a device that is implanted under the skin just below the collar bone, and serves as the sight were blood will be drawn and chemo drugs will be given. It will be connected to one of the main veins in the neck that connects to the heart. It is important to have because it allows the nurses access to the veins without having to poke her all the time. It is about the size of a half dollar, and will be left in until all her treatments are completed.

The anticipated plan is as followed: 7 weeks of chemo therapy which will included 2 inpatient treatments and 2 out patient treatments with several drugs administered at home; MRI to see if a 2nd surgery is an option, then radiation for 4-6 weeks. Proton therapy is still up in the air.

Please continue to pray for the Kersting family as this is a very trying time. Pray for strength for the parents and pray for this beautiful little angel. I love you all

Thanks
Meghan

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 05:15 AM
I think there is some"one" for everyone. Life and circumstance is whether or not you are able to keep them. I think it is all a matter of choice. You do not choose who you love, but you do choose to give up or to keep holding on. It is those that are dedicated that find the one and keep them for eternity.

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 05:11 AM
Thanks mirror...hard times right now. And these things cannot be pushed aside like normal. I am being forced to face them head on. I am such a coward.flowerforyou

buffry's photo
Tue 09/29/09 04:01 AM
Fighting the wind…throwing punches at air
It cuts deep and lingers
Ages of pain, longer than your life itself
Comes from generations
Long before your time
Deep within the sorrow,
Others perceive as strength
I admire the weakness
The untouched innocence
Like that of a child