Community > Posts By > Saqqara

Saqqara's photo
Thu 07/03/08 08:57 PM
I'm with Pyron. Usually when Blizzard does an announcement like that, they leave the audience to build suspense about its features for over a year. Starcraft II was announced sometime last year, as well as WoTLK, and that's not even out. So far, they've got three games on the table they've got to pump out in order. My guess is WOTLK to keep the WoWers shut up for awhile, then Starcraft II, and then Diablo III.

As excited as I am about it, and hoping it comes out on a console like the other two did, we've got a long while to wait, I'm afraid.

Saqqara's photo
Wed 07/02/08 09:36 PM
Edited by Saqqara on Wed 07/02/08 09:39 PM
Yep, any Xbox, even the Core system comes with a free Silver membership. You just need a hotmail addy and away you go. Also, if you want to try gold for free and plan on getting GTA IV at some point, it comes with a one month free trial of LIVE GOLD.

Mmmm. Zombies. Mmm. Braaiiiinnns.

Which reminds me! I read an article that mentioned Spore is coming out for 360. Any geeks here looking forward to that one? I was afraid I'd have to upgrade my computer for it.

Saqqara's photo
Sun 06/29/08 11:03 AM
Edited by Saqqara on Sun 06/29/08 11:05 AM
Blaze, if you don't have the adapter for your 360 and you're not willing to plunk down the $100 bucks or so it takes to get one, you could do what I did. My computer has two ethernet slots, so I have the cable running from my router to my computer, and a cable running from my computer to my 360.

Once you do that, you go into your Network Connection settings and Share the Connection, and boom! Xbox LIVE with no adapter! The silver membership is free, which allows you to use messenger, text, and voice chat, which is pretty nice. You'll have to go gold if you want multi-player, though.

As for you guys posting about your Playstations, I have a PS2, a 360, and a Wii. I've got all my bases covered, and when the PS3 starts looking more appetizing, I'll consider getting it. There just aren't enough titles that I can't get on my 360 for me to justify getting one. :)

Saqqara's photo
Sat 06/28/08 06:25 AM
I work at the local country club here and we have two specials that we do which I absolutely love. The first is a mahi-mahi breaded in a mixture of panko and macadamia nuts, fried, and then served with a tropical salsa, which is made up of mangos, pineapples, cherries, and sometimes papaya. The sweet of the sauce is balanced with the taste of the fish, it's excellent.

I also like our blackened tilapia with a shrimp creole sauce. The spice of the seasoning the fish is seared in compliments the spice from the creole sauce, without absolutely setting your mouth on fire. It's a wonderful melding of flavors.

Saqqara's photo
Sat 06/28/08 06:18 AM
I can't say I've had any issues with it locking up per se, but it does occasionally stutter if I'm running through the roof tops or streets being chased by a good number of guards. The only game I've had lock up on me is Saints Row, when I had three stars and the police were on me like white on rice.

As for Condemned 2, I am considering getting that one, as the Condemed I have is the first one. I haven't beaten it yet, but I do plan on it. The storyline is pretty rich.

Ah, Bioshock. I have that one on PC and I love the genetic enhancement aspect of it. I might just get that for 360 as well. Oblivion was a good cross-over.

Also in regards to Overlord, do you have the Raising Hell expansion? Is it worth getting? I absolutely love Overlord, and anymore minion smashing action is great in my books.

Saqqara's photo
Fri 06/27/08 06:44 PM
A friend of mine raves about COD4 and I enjoyed COD 1 & 2 on the computer, so I just might get it. Also, I've heard good things about Mass Effect, but I don't know much about the story line. In terms of gameplay, what is it similar to?

Saqqara's photo
Fri 06/27/08 06:31 PM
Edited by Saqqara on Fri 06/27/08 06:32 PM
I'm looking to expand my 360 collection a bit beyond what I currently have, since I'm a bit of a game collection freak. I currently have over 300+ games for PC and have since switched to console gaming after completing my collection with the 360. (No PS3, no desire to own one at the moment, though MG4 does look sweet.)

Anyway, currently for 360, I own Assassin's Creed, which I absolutely love and am currently working on getting the stupid flags for the achievements, Overlord, Viking, Viva Piñata (Hey, you have to have a fun side), Oblivion, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Condemned, and Saints Row.

I've got Turok, The Darkness, and GTA IV on the way, which hopefully I'll get soon. Do you guys have any other suggestions for great games for the 360? You can leave off sports titles, as if I want to play a sport, I'll play the actual sport, not a video game of it.

Also! If any of you guys have 360s and want to play any of the above games with me, or any of the arcade games, my LIVE name is Overlord Ror. Hit me up!

Saqqara's photo
Fri 06/27/08 06:20 PM
4.19 here in Stuttgart last I checked. But you should have seen it after the tornado a month ago. It went up to 4.70 a gallon.

Saqqara's photo
Fri 06/27/08 06:18 PM
I got my Wii a few months ago and though it's taken a back seat to my Xbox 360, I did love it. Mario Galaxy was especially fun for it, as well as Super Paper Mario. I also enjoyed playing Guitar Hero on it, and might purchase Rock Band for it instead of the 360. We'll see how it goes. But yes! Wii rocks!

Saqqara's photo
Fri 06/27/08 06:36 AM
Edited by Saqqara on Fri 06/27/08 06:37 AM
A few more games I forgot to mention that are worth note is the Prince of Persia series, which plays like the Tomb Raider series but with a TON more acrobatics thrown in.

Also, I believe the Grand Theft Auto games were released on Xbox as well, so you should give those a try if you like carnage, mayhem, and open ended games.

Another great series is Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, which is basically a stealth action game. The first three were released for Xbox, so they're well worth your time as well. I've played all of these games on the PC, so I'm sure the Xbox counterpart is just as fun.

Saqqara's photo
Thu 06/26/08 08:56 PM
Well, I can't say much for the Blackjack II, but I do personally own the Blackjack. It comes equipped with Windows Mobile Edition 5 and is upgradable to version 6. It has a 1.3 megapixel camera and is quite capable of fast, 3G internet, email, and comes with a very, very nice IM program for AIM, MSN, and Yahoo. Overall, I'd say if you're a media whore and check your email and text and IM like I do, the Blackjack is a wonderful phone.

Saqqara's photo
Thu 06/26/08 02:43 PM
I really dig my Samsung Blackjack. If I got another phone, It'd be a blackjack II.

Saqqara's photo
Thu 06/26/08 02:40 PM
Well, good games is a fairly relative term. It all depends on what you like to play. If you like FPSes, you should defintely get Halo 1/2, Black, and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. If you like RP games, you should try out Fable. If you're into action games, Try out Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee. Those are all in my collection and I still play them on my 360, with he exception of Stranger's Wrath, which isn't compatiable... yet.

Saqqara's photo
Sat 11/10/07 12:01 PM
The movie's premise is so far from the games, it makes me sick. I really hate movies that take what a game has established, and completely twist it around into something the whole game isn't even about.

47 is a Hitman. He's not Bruce ****ing Willis. There shouldn't be that much "action" and as far as I'm concerned, 47 is asexual.

Saqqara's photo
Fri 11/09/07 01:59 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for their responses. It's helped me to clear my head a little bit and work out things in my mind. I think I was blaming myself for what happened, but I see now that's probably not the case. Thanks everyone who replied, I really appreciate the advice. You've helped clear my heart just a little. :)

Saqqara's photo
Thu 11/08/07 09:41 AM
Oh man. That was rather hilarious. I do find myself worried for Rita, though. I'm afraid their time together is short.

Saqqara's photo
Wed 11/07/07 10:31 PM
He is rather sexy. :tongue:

Saqqara's photo
Wed 11/07/07 10:30 PM
It's hard to describe a connection you feel with someone, even if you've never met them. Like you said though, I don't know 100% that he is who he says he is. However, that doesn't lessen the feelings I had for him. We connected on a mental level that was unbelievable.

Saqqara's photo
Wed 11/07/07 10:28 PM
I'm wondering if anyone here watches Dexter on Showtime. My ex got me to watching it and I must say, it's one of the best shows on TV right now. I have fun trying to guess which way the plot will go next, especially considering all the twists in the first season.

Saqqara's photo
Wed 11/07/07 10:25 PM
I had WoW for the longest time, but I've given it up for now. I'm waiting for Warhammer Online to come out.

Previous 1