Community > Posts By > xgamerider

xgamerider's photo
Tue 09/30/08 02:10 PM
Edited by xgamerider on Tue 09/30/08 02:19 PM
I would agree with most of the suggestions given spybot,avast and hijack are all good software, I would steer clear of the suggested zone alarm as it is known for many software conflict issues. How old is the mentioned pc? I would also suggest checking the free space if you have say an 80gb drive and 4gb free it's time to do some spring cleaning as you will constantly be paging the hard drive.
The symptoms you are describing could also be a drive that is on it's way out( I have one less than a year old that is already dying on a server) the newer drives aren't built like the used to and have seen 7 fail this month alone all of which were under 1 year old. The internet dropping I would need more info on the connection itself as it was not identified (dial up ,dsl ,cable or satellite)

xgamerider's photo
Tue 09/30/08 01:54 PM
Some of the suggestions that were given may work, or due to already having a virus it may do nothing. I would suggest a free antivirus try avast.com good software very accurate and you can't beat the price. I would say that if after an a/v install if you still have it I would either look into a product called pest patrol(not sure of the cost but not free) it tends to get rid of the infection when most other software has failed. The last option is to use a product called hijack this (free) but be warned you need to understand a pc very well as this directly edits the registry table and can make your mostly working pc turn into a non booting one if you edit something incorrectly. I hope that helps and all of these are tried and true I use them on a daily basis being a systems admin.

xgamerider's photo
Sun 09/21/08 09:09 AM
I think it would be nice to have the distance to a potential match listed. I recently moved and although you can narrow the search by distance I have no clue how close the matches are without mapping it. I think it would also be nice to see when the user was last here, I mean every site has users that have not been on it for some time and I wouldn't want to write someone that obviously hasn't been here in a long time, it would also address why the user hadn't read that email yet. The last logon/seen feature could just be basic not pinpointing the second they are here but just a general seen last today, this week or this month. The option to logon in invisible would also be nice for those wanting to retrieve emails but not want to be seen.

xgamerider's photo
Fri 02/01/08 10:51 AM
Had several cats over the years and one of the most common reasons for cats/most animals displaying this kind of behavior is due to being stressed to a major change in their routine/life. Separation anxiety is another instance where animals will display this behavior. Animals that want/need attention will take it good or bad. Try putting the litter box in the bathroom showing the cat where the box has been moved to and put cat in the litter even if they get out of box they now have associated them self with the box and bathroom. The bathroom is a good choice for a couple reasons tile floor makes it easy cleaning for accidents and litter that gets stuck to paws and because the bathroom is a typically smaller
room it makes cleanup easy as well. Most litter boxes will fit between toilet and the vanity if you have the room between them this keeps it out of the way as well.