Community > Posts By > littleike

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 03:44 PM

What did Christ do while He was here on this earth? He came to save those which were lost. What would you do if Christ came to you and offered you life? That is exactly what all Christians are doing when they present Jesus Christ to you "Salvation".

What does that mean? It means they are offering the same thing Christ offered and that is if you truly ask Christ and believe in your heart that He died Conquering Hell and the Grave for you. You will be saved.

JOHN 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that
living water? 12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
howdy

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 11:15 AM
welcome aboard

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 11:13 AM
welcome aboard

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:51 AM

personally I'd like to have a "Bite Ma Lily White B*ttocks" nudger:thumbsup:
laugh laugh laugh happy to funny:tongue:

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:47 AM

or buy me a plane ticket and I will meet you one..
hey thats one for sure

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:43 AM

i want a lets go to dinner one

That is what email is for.
you might have a point

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:42 AM

I'm still hoping for a swirly nudge.

laugh laugh laugh hey michdrinker pitchfork

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:40 AM

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh The only one like that AT ALL is the kick someone in the butt, which I actually just used! HA
that one is kinda telling someone your cool tho, we need one like stomp face in the groundlaugh laugh :smile:

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:38 AM
i want a lets go to dinner one

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:30 AM

I think many people believe that we are all superior to other species on this planet.
Big mistake in thinking like that.

You can argue that we ARE superior to other animals.....but we are animals too.....and when you're done debating/arguing ....we're all animals at the end of the day.

When you turn on the local news(pick any day) there's this overall 'worry' about our children s safety.
We've become a nation of worriers and scaredy-cats.

How did we get along so far before this?

bottom line....parents in general are raising pansies....who will not be able to deal with the harshness and realities of life.....but no problem....they'll just make more stupid laws.

Sorry, I'm back. laugh But I just had to speak to this. If you are a Bible quoting kind of guy, and you seem to be by the spare the rod spoil the child, then surely you would also know that We, man, were put above all other "animals" wayyyy back in the Garden of Eden. We were given dominion over them. But I'm sure you knew this already.
i did im in linelaugh laugh

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:26 AM

Which would precisely be why I haven't posted here. Mitch, you can adopt ME! Or Deb! I'm can behave!

Of course I will.... :tongue:

And I know you would never speak to an issue that you cannot answer with practical knowledge. You're much too smart and self-aware for that.

Thanks!.....Dad:tongue:
laugh laugh laugh

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:21 AM
good debate here:smile: pitchfork

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 09:15 AM

Being a good parent is about communication, setting and enforcing FIRM and CONSISTENT guidelines to behaviors, helping to develop their ethical code, and being there as a resource and a problem solver.

I am not necessarily against corporal punishment. It is probably useful for those who cannot get their message across via other means. In other words, if your communication and problem solving skills are somewhat lacking then ONE smack across the butt is a possible answer.

Conventional wisdom says one smack across the butt is for the sake of the child. Any more than one is the parent venting anger and frustration.

well saiddrinker drinker :banana:

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 08:24 AM

smokin smokin smokin hello all and thanks repunzelflowerforyou

it's Lady Rapunzel to you flowerforyou smokin drinker

and notice the spelling Sir,,,laugh :wink: flowerforyou

well hello lady rapunzel you . it wont hapen againflowerforyou :wink: smokin smokin :wink:

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 07:18 AM

Try growing up Irish catholic in the 70's, my parents whacked us for no reason!
well im irish and i grew up in the 70s

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 07:16 AM

Try growing up Irish catholic in the 70's, my parents whacked us for no reason!
hello pats

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 07:11 AM

hello dubz

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 07:08 AM

WHY ARE YOU AFRAID TO SPANK YOUR KIDS?

Don't you know if you love them it's ok to hit them and TEACH them respect?

We live in a completely upside down society.

Are you kidding me? You say THEY'RE the bad parents? It is possible to teach your kids without hitting them, many (most) of us do. I was hit, a lot, as a child. Did it teach me respect? Hell no, it taught me to be afraid and it taught me to hide what I was doing better and it taught me to lie. It taught me that I wasn't a person with a mind of my own and that myself wasn't good enough and it taught me to subjugate myself to the whim of another person.

That's what hitting your kids teaches them.

I think you experienced abuse. Not spanking

Very big difference

Nope, not really. When you hit your kids to "teach" them anything, you're not teaching them anything at all, but how to fear you. Sure, they may not repeat the behavior, but that's in fear of the pain you, as a parent, are inflicting on them. It's not teaching them anything about the rightness or wrongness of their actions, or the whys and wherefores of their behavior. And mostly, parents who spank, spank out of anger and frustration, not to "teach." Spanking them in public simply teaches them that it's ok to be humiliated and to humiliate others.

The difference between spanking and abuse is simply a matter of degree and semantics.

believe it or not a parent does instill somewhat of fear and thats just what a parents job is, its called tough love but so many people today are so scared of the law they reword everything and make you think its bad hitting your chilid. its not! god hisself says spare the rod spoil the child. society might say im wrong but god says im right, i would rather listen to god

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 07:01 AM

I agree to

I spanked all four of them when they needed it!

I was never their friend. Always their mother!!

I ruled!!

And ya know what. The older ones actually verbally thanked me

My heart melted!!

( I love you barbi. Jamie. Ashley. Chelsea)
see kids know this stuff and they respect you for diseplining them later in life

littleike's photo
Thu 07/02/09 06:58 AM

Parents who are searching for a 6 year old. I would have been crazy at the cop station!!

They do NOT take responsibility for their kids.
Sure they could...but they don't.
It's the New America...coming to your town sooner than you realize.

and I blame it all on:
Spare the rod-spoil the child....which is NON-existent in America.
i agree 100%

Thank you.....you have kids?
i have a 21 year old girl now, but i did my time.