Community > Posts By > DaenerysIRL

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 12:48 PM
Interesting... just as I was thinking no one remembers Jane's Addiction, here comes someone that hates them. They're probably my favorite 90's band actually. I'm not into the 80s rock gods at all... in fact, 80s metal just turns me off in general. Definitely Gen X here, 90s kid all the way. As a musician, I appreciate the nuances of Nirvana's music that makes them deceptively sophisticated but Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are far better bands as far as using interesting tempos, harmonies, changes, etc. And then there's the fact of Chris Cornell.. speaking of, Audioslave is great too. He's 100x better vocalist than Axel Rose ever was... not to mention Axel burned his voice out b/c he never had any technique.

Though I can't say I'm into ALL prog rock, I do have a renewed appreciation for Tool. Don't always love his vocal melodies, but songs like 48 & 2 as far as the arrangements go, not to mention that wicked bass line, are awesome. Also, the power vocal on so many of them. Sober is great fun to sing.

Thoughts?

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 12:43 PM
So why do you hate Jane's Addiction? Make your case!

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 12:36 PM
I've studied all the world's religions to some degree, and the philosophy of the Vedas is by far the most logical, thorough explanation of everything that I've found. Many Hindus have never spent time to understand the meaning behind the religion. Is anyone else here that has?

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 04:27 AM
"Dirt" (album)- Alice in Chains

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 04:26 AM
I'll Fly Away played by a giant New Orleans second line

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 04:25 AM
Yes to both. Always open to collabing if it's the right fit.

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 04:24 AM
I agree, well said!

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 04:23 AM
Yes! I was 10 when I wrote my first song. I teach singing & songwriting as well. Happy to help anyone developing their creative process- esp. finding and honing your style. No one's gonna write like you do, because no one IS you! ;)

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 04:20 AM
Lead singer here.. I have a band, gig w/ other bands, have been in other projects both original and covers. Also teach vocals and practice music therapy & sound healing. Love singing 90s rock, blues, jazz, neo-soul, Celtic, Indian classical. Love to get another world music project together again at some point.. currently looking for guitar/bassists for current band.

DaenerysIRL's photo
Wed 04/03/19 04:16 AM
Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Tool
Jane's Addiction
Belly
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
Stabbing Westward
Massive Attack
Crystal Method