Community > Posts By > Drivinmenutz

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 06:02 PM

Even the military knows an Army cant function unless its healthy and well fed.
That's why even the Pvts get good health care.

And you do have a point...

But...

You can't make it a right,, without drafting people into the field.

The military doesnt draft drs.

The military doesn't have 300 million patients do they?

They dont have the hospital system or drs that exist in the private and public sector either. Also, the whole defense budget is small compared to the National budget.

Actually the defense budget is about a third if i am not mistaken.

The number of docs in the private sector are shrinking, and i highly doubt you will find anyone willing to go to college for 12 years, and collect over $200,000 of debt, just to make $50,000 a year...

You said it before.
Efficiency.

Right now the medical schools are operated on an elitist basis. They are expensive and designed to be self exclusive.
Medical degrees are like pedigrees. Father to son to son, etc.
Many things could be done to eliminate the cost of medical school and the participation.

Partially you are correct. But i know many where this isn't the case.

Medical school is merely the cost of your university. Expensive, yes, but so is college. This doesn't not exclude little old me that grew up in a lower/middle class family. Student loans suck, bt we deal.

In fact, i know many who got turned away from medical school, whose father's were docs.

But here's a thought.... Did you know there is a government regulation limiting the amount of American doctors the U.S. can put out each year?

And on a more productive note, how would you make the schooling more efficient?

Ahh Ha!

The power of the AMA at work.

Yes sir... I don't disagree...

Lift the restriction, get more competition.

The pharm industry extorts the system plenty too. Add's an extra 25% to total costs.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:53 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Mon 11/30/09 05:54 PM

But...

They dont have the hospital system or drs that exist in the private and public sector either. Also, the whole defense budget is small compared to the National budget.

The number of docs in the private sector are shrinking, and i highly doubt you will find anyone willing to go to college for 12 years, and collect over $200,000 of debt, just to make $50,000 a year...

You said it before.
Efficiency.

Right now the medical schools are operated on an elitist basis. They are expensive and designed to be self exclusive.
Medical degrees are like pedigrees. Father to son to son, etc.
Many things could be done to eliminate the cost of medical school and the participation.

Partially you are correct. But i know many where this isn't the case.

Medical school is merely the cost of your university. Expensive, yes, but so is college. This doesn't not exclude little old me that grew up in a lower/middle class family. Student loans suck, bt we deal.

In fact, i know many who got turned away from medical school, whose father's were docs.

But here's a thought.... Did you know there is a government regulation limiting the amount of American doctors the U.S. can put out each year?

And on a more productive note, how would you make the schooling more efficient?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:50 PM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Mon 11/30/09 05:55 PM

And yet the Republicans continue to vote as a block against it.
Why?
What possible motivation could exist?

Oh im sure it's mostly to block the democrats.

And largely in part of insurance lobbyists.

But some, do see the dangers and setbacks of this system, that would be harder to repair than the system we currently have.

They tried to fix the current system already, it didn't work.

This is where you are wrong.

I saw no one cutting red tape....instead they tightened restrictions, and increased staff requirements. I see insurance being used more than ever before. I see medicare not affording their bill.

If you can prove to me that they aggressively tackled any of these issues, than i am wrong... But until then, they made no effort to fix anything as far as i'm concerned, or the system by that matter.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:47 PM
Like i said....we need to start cutting through red tape. Insurance is only to be used to catastropic events.

Medicare needs to pay it's freakin bill...

This would all make everything muchmore affordable...

I also think you would find that when health insurance costs $25 a month, and a doctor visit only costs $35, that our healthcare will improve, and most that are uncovered would be covered.

If that were to happen, then i would see no problem is a government program to pay for those with preexisting conditions...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:44 PM

And yet the Republicans continue to vote as a block against it.
Why?
What possible motivation could exist?

Oh im sure it's mostly to block the democrats.

And largely in part of insurance lobbyists.

But some, do see the dangers and setbacks of this system, that would be harder to repair than the system we currently have.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:43 PM

If you want a fair comparison look towards Japan and Europe.

Socialized systems and better care than the US.

Better according to who? I think you will find that one major comparison, is the fact that everyone's covered...

You see, i have a problem with this...

We DID have the best care in the world. Just like we did have the best schools.

Funny how we slipped into 12th place right after the department of education took over.

It would seem that our healthcare has been slowly slipping as well... But this is the result of too much staff needing to get paid...(And i don't mean hospital staff.)

I would not have a problem covering all those with preexisting conditions. But i do have a problem with an inefficient system being used because it's "free" to some.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:39 PM

But...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:37 PM
I do agree Fanta, something needs to be done with healthcare. It's slipping. I see staff cuts everyday, and people not getting the attention they need as a result. (I work in a hospital.)

At least we can agree on this.

drinker

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:33 PM

But...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:33 PM
I think i would be alot more accepting of a government option, if medicare didn't owe my hospital 40 million dollars.

Problem is insurance... I will agree there. The problem with the insurance is the fact that they pay for just about everything, but in order to function, they need to make a profit to pay their employees. That almost doubles the cost of healthcare.

Insurance is only meant for catastrophic events like cancer. This that would BREAK a person's bank account.

There is a Dr. Berry in Tennessee that owns his own practice. Only costs 35$ for a same day visit with him. He serves mostly lower/middle income families. BUT, he refuses any medicare or medicade, and greatly discourages the use of insurance for anything not over $1,000.

Add insurance payments, you have to pay the insurance employees, additional hospital employees for billing, and also, employees that work for a billing department that work for the insurance companies.

This would not change if this were run by the government.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:27 PM

But...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:25 PM

The right to health Care should never be determined by economic bearing.
It is every humans god given right.

This cannot be guarenteed without resorting to slavery, if that be the case.

In fact, rights, are simply guidelines of that the government, and the people, CAN'T do, not the other way around. They are restrictions put in place.

I disagree.
Good Health care is everyones right.
Equally!

You can't make it a garenteed right, unless you are willing to resort to slavery when there aren't enough doctors and nurses.

I suppose democrats were always in favor of slavery....:tongue:

And furthermore, good healthcare will never be achieved unless you make the system MORE EFFICIENT.

It's simple mathematics.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:23 PM

In fact, rights, are simply guidelines of that the government, and the people, CAN'T do, not the other way around. They are restrictions put in place.

I disagree.
Good Health care is everyones right.
Equally!

You can't make it a garenteed right, unless you are willing to resort to slavery when there aren't enough doctors and nurses.

I suppose democrats were always in favor of slavery....:tongue:

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:22 PM

I agree they're both sick and in need of treatment.
But,
Which leg do you choose to amputate first.
The one that already has Gangrene (Republican) or the one that might yet be saved. (Democrat)

Democrats are beyond saving too...

Don't get me started with Woodrow, FDR,, the fact that the party started the Kukux clan, etc.

I say they are screwed, and should be done away with.

Problem is, the democrats will take from the poor to give to the rich, not through tax cuts, but by taxing everyone else (rich and poor), and giving it to billionaires.

I'm sorry, but i do have trouble seeing my having to give 60% of my income over to the government, so i can be "taken care of".

I would much rather take care of myself.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:17 PM

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:10 PM

Even for the Illegals.laugh laugh

Maybe we should provide health care for the whole world?

I really don't think the supper rich would be willing to foot the bill.

Just raise the limit on medicaid and medicare. Don't take a friggin' million pages to do that. The only jacka$$ that can't figure that out is Hussein.flowerforyou

Eh....why not? We tax the whole world don't we???

Food for thought....:wink:

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 05:09 PM

I'm afraid you are fooling your self to think there isn't one worse than the other. I agree neither is ideal, but the worse by far is the Republican Party.
Too many coincidences, similarities among members, and pointers pointing to a larger entity of power than any member can overcome.
They are corrupt even onto themselves. Let one member step out of line and his political career is done. At least as far as the party is concerned.
I'm surprised that you can't see it for your self brother.

I can see corruption in the republican party. I can see links to world-wide scandals that disgrace everything our founding father's have fought for.

But....

I can also see the same connections in the democratic party. Problem is, their corruption is a bit more subtle nowadays. As i said earlier, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

And they, too, have caused worldwide scandals which disgrace everything our founding father's fought for.

Call me an idealist... But i think freedom and independence comes before being "taken care of cradel to grave".

I think have good quality, affordable healthcare (for everyone) comes before having "free" or "cheap" healthcare for a few.

As i said, the only way, we will ever attain greatness, is to cut through red tape. If we have a government healthcare system, there is still a third party, providing no service aside from peace of mind, that needs to get paid. Someone has to pay the bill, and i don't think it's fair to leave that bill for the doctors and nurses to pay.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 04:31 PM
Momma always said, "The road to hell was paved with good intentions."

I will always say, the only way to improve the quality of healthcare, and still keep it affordable, is to cut through red tape.

Efficiency is the only way we can achieve this.

So far, everything our government has started, has somehow proven to be inefficient. Before i let them screw up our healthcare even more, they must prove to me that they have our best interests at heart.

That means, everyone in congress goes on the same system, or they leave it the hell alone.

I'm not stupid enough to buy into an idea that one party is good and the other is evil.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 12:31 PM

What's up Driven my drinker brother?

Hey man, stayin busy in attempt to keep myself out of trouble... you know the usual...

Been a while since i've seen you on this thing. How have you been?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 11/30/09 12:14 PM

I don't get why we need to spend $2 trillion dollars to replace a healthcare system that 86% of the people are happy with

instead of making a new system why not just spend a fraction of that to get the few uninsured people covered?

Indeed....And/OR, how about start paying the hospitals the money owed to them from medicare and medicade? This would surely reduce the cost of healthcare, i would think...

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next