Community > Posts By > Drivinmenutz

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 04/07/10 09:50 AM

Tea Partiers have been dismissed as a fringe, but two new polls suggest the conservative movement might be going mainstream.

A Rasmussen poll released Monday found more Americans identify with the Tea Party groups than with President Obama.

According to the survey, 48 percent of voters said the average Tea Party activist is more aligned with their views on major issues than the president. Forty-four percent said Obama's views are closer to theirs.

That came on top of a USA Today/Gallup poll that found more than a quarter of Americans affiliate themselves with the Tea Party movement.

The poll of 1,033 adults, conducted March 26-28, found 28 percent of people call themselves Tea Party supporters, while 26 percent call themselves opponents.

The survey also found that Tea Party supporters are not disproportionately dominated by any one demographic group. The characteristics of Tea Party supporters -- in age, education, income and race -- roughly follow the characteristics of the nation as a whole.

The Gallup poll had a margin of error of 4 percentage points.

The Rasmussen poll of 1,000 likely voters was taken April 2-3. It had a margin of error of 3 percentage points.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/06/tea-party-going-mainstream-polls-suggest-movement-gaining-popularity/

Did you catch this "The survey also found that Tea Party supporters are not disproportionately dominated by any one demographic group. The characteristics of Tea Party supporters -- in age, education, income and race -- roughly follow the characteristics of the nation as a whole."

So much for the race card.........

Faux news is not real news. And definitely not trustworthy.

It is lies.

Or better yet wishful thinking for the few tea baggers out there, well, wishful thinking for the few non-racist tea baggers out therelaugh

Kinda like it being wishful thinking to believe there are a few nonracist liberals out there huh? :wink:

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 04/07/10 09:48 AM
Agreed, but the Healthcare bill is much of the same.

I predict several outcomes from this bill.

Almost everyone will be insured.

Taxes will drastically increase.

Nurses, doctors, and other healthcare staff will end up taking a pay cut.

But hey, only time will tell right? I have a hard time believing that it will cause our healthcare to get any more efficient. In fact, anything the government seems to get their hands on seems to get bombarded in red tape, and politics.

JMO

Anyhow, back to work.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 04/07/10 09:44 AM
Guys stick to your complaints of war itself, not the actions that take place during it.

War is hell, and most people cannot even comprehend the actions that must be taken on a daily bases over there. This especially goes for people hating the thought of shooting first and asking questions later. The battlefield is no place for public opinion, or even witness.

War itself should never be fought unless absolutely necessary. So preach to stop the war. It's unconstitutional in itself, merely a representation of the expansion of our empire. That is wrong. War is wrong. The actions people take during it are irrelevant, and for soldiers' eyes and ears only. To pick them apart and question them is to be hypocritical.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 01/21/10 10:31 AM
Personally i realize that as much as we think we know, we don't know everything. That being said, with the information I've seen, despite by business classes describing the FED's job as a "matter of fact", i see more harm than good coming from it. This is mostly because i know that "absolute power corrupts absolutely".

They have a LOT of power that was intended for the people instead of the bank executives. People THINK they have more now then they did 50 years ago, but the average person is in a much larger debt. This creates a much more difficult time for anyone looking to get ahead financially. These boom/bust cycles are simply CAUSED by the banks. We can't get around this.

However, i guess this depends on whether we care more about ourselves, now, or our children in the future. The system we have right now is all about sacrificing the future for the present. This i see as a problem.

Kerry, you bring up good points i haven't yet taken into consideration. Thanks for the debate. drinker

Drivinmenutz's photo
Wed 01/20/10 07:02 AM
All these people talking about the healthcare reform bill...

My biggest problem with it, is when people stop having to pay out of pocket, they will stop caring about healthcare.

This would not be a problem if politicians weren't as corrupt as they are. But, i seriously doubt we will see any actual solution to our problems come from washington.

It takes a fool to trust a politician with their lives...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 01/19/10 10:03 AM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Tue 01/19/10 10:05 AM

Interesting... So the FED funds a government operation through loans, the government then pays this back with interest, and the Fed returns a portion of that money back to the government in return and that is considered a profit?

It sure isn't a deficit unlike a lot of the corporate welfare that's been doled out over the years. And it's not coming from taxes on the American people, so what's the objection?

I am also left wondering, if the banks are paying the majority of the money to the Fed, where are the banks getting this money from?

Give to people with one hand, take back even more with the other...

From lending the money their depositors are getting small fractions of a percentage point on?
From the profits they make off lending money the Fed is virtually _giving_ them for gratis? Or the money the TARP program payed out to make good on at least some of the AIG credit default swaps that were meant to insure some of the toxic CDO these million dollar CEO's bought up like marks at a carnival?

Ron Paul isn't telling all, is he? He's basically an anarchist who doesn't care if the train jumps the tracks as long as his grandiose theories are 'proven'. Damn the Stupid Money torpedoes, Full Speed Free Markets Ahead!

-Kerry O.

We are talking about the function of the Federal Reserve Bank, and the affect it has on the people and the economy. Not Ron Paul and what he believes.

When you bring up depositors making a small percentage of what banks make, this is conpletely ignoring what happens when you expand the money supply without an exact corresponding expansion of capital. That is called inflation. The banks interest does not expand as fast as inflation rates. This means that the good people thinking they are making a small profit, are actually paying an indirect tax. Basically, yes, you are losing money by keeping it in the savings.

Also, where is all this money coming from if not from the citizens of the U.S.?

Drivinmenutz's photo
Sat 01/16/10 09:51 AM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Sat 01/16/10 09:53 AM

Who said the government loses money on everything it touches?

-Kerry O.

What makes you think the "government" made anything? In fact, all profits have to be paid back to the bank, with interest...

This is the concept of a central bank.

The Fed has to fund its operations from money it generates, it doesn't get a stipend in the form of tax dollars from Congress but it does return any money it makes to the general fund.

-Kerry O.

Interesting... So the FED funds a government operation through loans, the government then pays this back with interest, and the Fed returns a portion of that money back to the government in return and that is considered a profit?

I am also left wondering, if the banks are paying the majority of the money to the Fed, where are the banks getting this money from?

Give to people with one hand, take back even more with the other...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 01/12/10 06:31 PM

I bet most of that was interest on the bailout packages

havent most of the banks paid it back (with interest) by now?

Not really,that would result in another credit crunch i would think....

In other words another "bust" period would result from our artificial boom...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Tue 01/12/10 06:28 PM

A few years back people demonized the oil companies - guess it's the banks turn now....

Come to think of it, there HAS been a little less demonizing of Obama lately...prolly won't last though. :)

I sure hope Ron Paul had a stainless steel rod handy to bite down on before he read about this!

Who said the government loses money on everything it touches?

-Kerry O.

What makes you think the "government" made anything? In fact, all profits have to be paid back to the bank, with interest...

This is the concept of a central bank.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 01/11/10 01:23 PM

I think the question was would Jesus oppose capitalism,, dont know how it turned into another is there a Jesus conversation,,,

I think the most accurate sentence in the op is '

He argues that the problem is not capitalism, but what people bring to it - in particular, greed and desire for wealth. '

I dont think Jesus would oppose capitalism per se , as much as the greed and selfishness and oppression that some bring to it

Wow... this is the wisest post i've seen in this thread by far...

Kudosdrinker

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 01/07/10 08:03 AM

Education doesn't seem so important in like rural areas, small towns, etc... They believe living a simple god fearin life is all that is needed, education doesn't really fit that life style.

Is that really how you see towns a rural areas? I take it you grew up in the city...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 01/07/10 07:52 AM

I think a lot of it has to do with some of the parents these days. It seems, as time goes by, more and more parents expect others to do their job of raising the kids.

JMO

This is a big part of the issue. That and cost of living, and living standards, has reached the point where both parents need to bust *** to keep up.

The state will never know how to raise your kids.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 01/07/10 07:51 AM
Not the end of the world though. These things, i suppose, occur naturally in nature. There is no struggle in humanity. We are bored. Just as great empires are built, and crumble due to complacency, everything else follows suit. Don't worry ladies and gents, we will be challenged at some point. :wink:

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 01/07/10 07:51 AM
We are not necessarily being "dumbed down" massively, but malnutrition is causing many to lose potential.

Complacency and society's push to remove responsibility from ones self, and place in on the population as a whole has affected negatively from what i see. Kids starting to struggle are more apt to turn to a life of drugs, alcoholism and live off the welfare system, while justifying it by saying the were "delt a bad hand".

Parents are increasingly unable to education their own children due to both of them having to work, couple this with the increasing lack of responsiblity, and you have a habit of placing kids in front of TV's and video games which lead to things like ADD and ADHD, by allowing brain cells to die off.

Also, because both parent work, states are more responsible to raising kids. Now we have more exposure to lawsuits (which is combined with the whole lack of personal responsibility thing i brought up earlier.) Needless to say, kids are prevented from climbing trees, wrestling around, and exploring, because of potential injuries.

As more kids start to struggle, schools are required to "dumb down" their reading material. Weird how these things are all related...

Society as a whole would rather be entertained, than be educated or constructive.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 01/04/10 11:32 AM
There is nothing wrong with due process. It seems both sides are quite committed to keeping this "War on Terror" going indefinitely though.

Kinda reminds me of the "War on Crime" and the "War on Drugs". Only one way to win, and that's a route none of us want to travel, no matter how much we support the people in charge.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 01/04/10 11:14 AM
Edited by Drivinmenutz on Mon 01/04/10 11:20 AM

He's more of a puppet for outside intersts than Bush and Cheney were.

You crack me up sometimes...rofl

What's funny is that you think Obama's a stand up guy in comparison...rofl rofl

I think Obama works through his heart and mind.

He cares for what the people want! The majority anyway.

His work ethic is above average, and his intentions are genuine.

I think he is a necessary step into America's future. A future full of more greatness, strength, leadership!

I don't dislike Obama, when i compare him to almost every president we had this century.

But, he represents sacrificing our future for the present. But i suppose you'd have to understand our monetary system in order to understand that.

Besides, it seems his biggest problem with Bush, was not in his policies, but in Bush not spending enough money on his policies.

Either way, Obama, like Bush/Cheney, is a little too authoritarian for me.

And one question we have to ask even though Obama may be the Angel the democrats make him out to be, "what happens when someone else gets into office that is a little less genuine?"

Power of censorship, using money collected from the poor and middle class to give to the rich. The government controlling industry.

Drivinmenutz's photo
Mon 01/04/10 11:05 AM

flowerforyou !

you give me too much credit ms.buttonblushing , i am just another teenage boy flexing his pseudo intellectual robustness, all flash no content :P

but i agree this is not the land of the "free" but rather land of the privileged, yet still there are many people out there who would gladly their trade rebel insurgency for our taxes lol.
lol!rofl rofl to the first part

as to the second part.. it is land of the privileged , however why does it seem protrayed to other countries that all here are privileged?..and sure we must have the best colleges overall in america.. why do u suppose that we ship in people from the other countries to provide them with education? to pay the high costs of the education is why..in return we ship out our business to pay thier countries low wages.. hummm

From CBS news

The United States is losing ground in education, as peers across the globe zoom by with bigger gains in student achievement and school graduations, a study shows.

Among adults age 25 to 34, the U.S. is ninth among industrialized nations in the share of its population that has at least a high school degree. In the same age group, the United States ranks seventh, with Belgium, in the share of people who hold a college degree.

...we were number one just twenty years ago,,what happened?

It's called the "Department of Education".

Department of Education was invented in 1977 under the Carter presidency.

Seems to me, like we were number one until 1980 or so, and then we slipped to place number 12 or 13. Either way... We have to ask how much the Department of Education actually helped us.

The Dept of Ed Organization Act is what was signed into law in 1979.

All it did was seperate Department of Health, Education, and Welfare into the Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services.

The Department of Health, Education, and Welfare was first proposed by President Harding in 1923. It was signed into law and officially created by Dwight D. Eisenhower on March 12, 1953.

You've been listening to Ron Paul again haven't you?
LOL

No sir, been doing my own research. Perhaps i could be wrong, but carter was at least wanting to take credit for signing it into affect in 1977. When they separated the departments, did the department of education have more power than before? Or perhaps more funding? Things to take into consideration...

But what you say may make sense. After all, how long has the school system taught students that America is a democracy? (This still ticks me off.)

One thing, that i have found to be true, you may disagree, but in the military small units are much more affective. When the units become bigger, the power gets more centralized. Following this is mismanagement, and inefficiency. Do you have any idea how easy it is for a team of 4, combined with a mortar team, to take on hundreds of U.S. troops and come out unharmed? Chaos is easy to create when power is centralized and units are too big.

Wonder if that comes into effect for the rest of the government too...

Either way, i don't know of any teacher that approves of the majority of our educational system. My mother was a teacher, my sister tests children for learning disabilities, my cousin/neighbor is also in childhood development, studying to become a teacher.

That bill (1979) only divided the The Department of Health, Education, and Welfare into separate departments.

Ok, you are right. I was thinking about the community reinvestment act...drinker

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 08:35 PM

That underscored the potential political dilemma facing Republicans in Washington who oppose additional funding that governors of their own party may want.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Let the Republican Party fall!

Great, give all the power to the corrupt democrats. At least now the corrupt parties appear to have the illusion of fighting eachother.

On the positive side, at least people might think about the issues instead of the parties. Hmmm.... Maybe we should do that now instead of devoting our time to attacking another party... Biased = ignorance.

There are 7 Political Parties in the US.

So why'd you side with what is, in the very least, the second most corrupt party in the U.S. I wonder...

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 08:35 PM

He's more of a puppet for outside intersts than Bush and Cheney were.

You crack me up sometimes...rofl

What's funny is that you think Obama's a stand up guy in comparison...rofl rofl

Drivinmenutz's photo
Thu 12/24/09 08:27 PM

That underscored the potential political dilemma facing Republicans in Washington who oppose additional funding that governors of their own party may want.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

Let the Republican Party fall!

Great, give all the power to the corrupt democrats. At least now the corrupt parties appear to have the illusion of fighting eachother.

On the positive side, at least people might think about the issues instead of the parties. Hmmm.... Maybe we should do that now instead of devoting our time to attacking another party... Biased = ignorance.

There are 7 Political Parties in the US.

So why'd you side with what is, in the very least, the second most corrupt party in the U.S. I wonder...