Sun 07/24/11 09:18 PM
Alone in a Roomful of Friends

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 09:14 PM
and that leads us back to Stevie's post as the correct way to act

(where's the darn clapping smiley when you need him?) :laughing:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 09:01 PM

I am completely color blind when it comes to love or mingling in general.

"free your mind"

me too... especially if Halle Berry *does* call me shocked drool

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sun 07/24/11 12:00 PM
I'm new here as well, but already find it to be a warm and friendly place to hang out.

Rule #1 should be... "Leave the drama at the door... we're all here to have fun"

Best of luck in all you do :banana:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 09:09 PM
I finally realized that my breakup 5 years ago was almost entirely my own fault, and actually was going to start a thread entitled "Lifes Lessons" with...

Lesson One : If you take the person you are with for granted, someone else will come along and give them the attention they crave, and you will be left alone.

My ex and I were together for 13 years and I helped raise her two girls aged 1 1/2yrs and 3yrs

She was much younger than I, but we were extremely happy together until the last year or so. I would watch the kids whenever she wanted to go out partying with her girlfriends.

I realize now that I had become complacent in our relationship. As long as she was around, I was happy... didn't have to touch her, talk to her, or let her know how beautiful she was or even that I loved her.

She finally started staying out all night, and would come home falling-down drunk the next morning. I asked her to be a little more caring, by just calling me to let me know she was okay and wanted to keep partying for awhile. I would pace back and forth between the phone and the front door all night, worrying she'd been attacked (again) and wondering *when is the right time to call the police*.

Finally I could not take it anymore... ended up with ulcers from the worry, and told her I was leaving and why.

I later learned she was having an affair with one of the DJ's from the club that I use to manage... but not until *after* I had left her.

However... Life Lesson #1... I believe that she would not have had an excuse to have an affair, had I taken the time to pay attention to her and let her know how much she meant to me.

I'm over it now, and she moved in with the guy... but I'm glad I took the time to remove the blame from *her* and take responsibility for my own actions. I resolved that I would never take my partner for granted again.

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 06:01 PM

No Dude...wash your car.....trust me...it works.

might have worked a little TOO well...

not only got rain, now there are Tornado *warnings* just east of here, but the storm is moving west to east, so we avoided it for now.

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 04:44 PM
I huffed... and I puffed...

then... *hack*, *cough*, *sputter*, *gasp* (gotta quit smoking)

I tried to blow the storm down to Texas but it only went south over Lake Erie... sorry sad

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 04:03 PM
Edited by Rusty_Knight on Sat 07/23/11 04:07 PM

Miss silverfox????? me??

no, a couple of posts up... I believe she's from Ohio

But I *was* going to catch a couple of handfuls of it to send to you, Lizajane

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 03:57 PM
that is certainly a sobering thought... yet one we'd better start seriously thinking about.

It *has* been predicted that there will be fighting and wars over water in the future.

While living in Toronto on a farm, we setup those 1000 liter totes to collect rainwater from the buildings, and transferred it all to the large in-ground pool. From there, it could be transferred out to the organic vegetable garden, and the fruit tree orchard we planted.

But that is just *one* farm. It's difficult to get others to change their habits and start to conserve what mother nature gives us.

*Others*??? I even had difficulty talking to *our own group* (that owned the property) of the merits of permaculture design techniques around the farm.

Everyone really needs to start thinking hard about this, because yes, it's going to affect us all... and soon.

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 03:39 PM
sorry mssilverfox... it appears to be heading *your* way

still nothing here but dark clouds

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 03:17 PM
if you actually did copy that link and go to it (it's a live radar shot of Detroit and the surrounding area) I live under the *o* in the word Detroit... I think I have 5 more minutes till it starts LOL

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 03:12 PM
not yet, but it's getting quite dark out

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 03:11 PM
Had a delicious Grilled Chicken Cutlette, and Rib-shaped Pork cultlette, smothered with BBQ sauce. a side of mashed potatoe and corn with a brownie for desert.

it's called a Hungry Man Backyard Barbeque TV dinner laugh

and I washed it down with my very special Tim Horton's coffee (burp)

oh, excuse me!!!

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 02:59 PM
Edited by Rusty_Knight on Sat 07/23/11 03:01 PM
and I just thought I'd better race outside and have a quick smoke before it hit

http://detroit.justweather.com/?default=true

(rats... don't know how to make a clickable link)

Rusty_Knight's photo
Sat 07/23/11 02:43 PM
88F in Windsor (SW Ontario), and Detroit, Michigan is about to send us a thunder-storm LOL.

It was 120F with the humidex Thursday

Rusty_Knight's photo
Fri 07/22/11 03:32 PM
upon reading the title... only ONE major event in my life still springs to mind after all these years.

Late teens... you think you are smarter than your parents...

My mother was screaming at me for something I did and made a sudden move towards me, which caused me to sit (fall) back onto the couch I was standing in front of.

I was SO angry that she had the *nerve* to yell at me like that when I was "all grown up"...

I bounced right back to a standing position with my fists clenched...

and I remember waking up next to a slightly dented plaster wall

Rusty_Knight's photo
Fri 07/22/11 03:16 PM

lovely way to live prash,, it would be great if we all accomplished such a level of selflessness

This is an excellent post... Prash, if you follow Krishna, then you know that doing selfless service is the path of life. *Selfless* being the key word

By doing selfless service you will be rewarded more than if you strive to demand it.

I help others with no expectation of reward and have been rewarded many times with the blessings and grace of my guru

Rusty_Knight's photo
Fri 07/22/11 03:04 PM
I don't think you should kill this thread... it's been awesome so far

I hated being asked as a kid "what do you want to be when you grow up?"

My parents taught us 3 kids that we could be or do, whatever we wanted to... we just had to want it bad enough to do whatever it takes to get it.

I started out as an auto mechanic and playing in bands, but switched to the printing industry and became a training co-ordinator. I eventually decided I wanted to have my own business, so I had a few of them (cb radio store, T-shirt imprinting store, and a small trucking company)

This next part I don't understand very well, lol... I was the general manager of two adult entertainment bars in Windsor, until I finally ended up leaving that and volunteering in a spiritual Ashram in Toronto for 4 years. I did the maintenance for the 20 acre farm, and developed a program to refurbish used computers for needy families.

Now I'm retired in Windsor refurbishing a basement into an apartment for my sister... while looking for what I'm going to do next

1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next