Community > Posts By > Rusty_Knight

Rusty_Knight's photo
Wed 04/18/12 08:56 PM

I'm not necessarily talking about meeting someone I've chatted with for a long time here. If they're local, I like to meet quickly. If I went out with someone local and had a nice date, that would be awesome. If they told me at the end of the date that we must be exclusive right away, that would be really weird. It may not have great results.

In that scenario... I would totally agree with you

Maybe my opinion is based on never having had that first date without quite a few emails, then phone conversation (if local) and Skype if it's further away.

Rusty_Knight's photo
Wed 04/18/12 08:45 PM

Sounds like we have different ideas of what an exclusive relationship is. To me, that's when things get more serious and we both decide together that we're in a relationship and not seeing anyone else. Not after one date.

But...

I'm a GUY

I get confused easily, forget names, etc ohwell

Seriously... it's just *my* preference to only deal with one person at a time. I don't send out batches of emails either. I prefer to get to know someone in the forums, and make friends, before trying to find a partner.

Rusty_Knight's photo
Wed 04/18/12 08:35 PM

You know after talking to someone and spending time with them on one date that you're ready to be in an exclusive relationship? Really?

It means that I won't be pursuing anyone else until we figure it out :laughing:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Wed 04/18/12 08:21 PM
As was mentioned already... *I* don't share

I personally think it's difficult enough dealing with just one person at a time when starting a new relationship flowerforyou

I quite likely have been wrong in the past when *assuming* that a date (or during the conversations prior to one, if those have reached the lovey dovey stage) is the time to figure out if you like one another... after that date, it should be mutually agreed that the relationship become *exclusive*.

Got burnt once... won't make that mistake again. :banana:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Wed 04/18/12 08:09 PM

Most new computers come with limited memory, but a lot of crapware (my term lol) installed along with the OS.

I've never been a fan of Vista, but some people like it, so I'll reserve my opinion on it.

I would check to see how much memory is in it... (*should* have a minimum of 1gb... *might* only have 512mb)

Check what programs are installed and remove any that are not of interest to you...

If you are running any of the pre-installed Anti Virus programs, be aware that most of them (Norton appears to be the worst) are really *hogs* for CPU usage. I personally, recommend *any* of the free versions. Reason being is the way viruses are introduced to the internet, caught, updates developed and downloaded to you. In that period between them being introduced, and the update downloaded... you are wide open to the new one(s). So why waste money on *any* of them.

Good FREE versions are AVG free... Avast Free... and Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anti-virus-software.htm[url/]

Download, update, and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to get most of the nasties off your computer.

Hope that helps,

Knight

Rusty_Knight's photo
Fri 04/13/12 01:03 AM
Hi Sherri,

I haven't been on here for a long time, and just popped in today for some unknown reason, but now I know why...

I *have* to relate to you a story, it might be a tad long, but please bear with me... it should be worth it.

My brothers daughter Sandra, was diagnosed at age 11 to have a disease known as Fanconi Anemia with is a form of cancer with no known cure. The average life expectancy of Fanconi kids is 19. Six years ago, I received a phone call from my sister in Windsor that Sandra (then 21) was gravely ill and needed a bone marrow transplant immediately, to give her another precious few years. (that was all they could give her, *providing* her body took the transplant, and a compatible donor was found).

Before having the transplant, she needed to go to London, Ontario and have two wisdom teeth removed that were decayed, as during the transplant, her immune system would be reduced to nothing so that the new bone marrow would not be rejected so easily. During her short stay in London, they ran more tests and they came back with the news that she also had Leukemia.

Now, Leukemia *is* curable... but over years, and Sandra only had days to be in Toronto for her transplant. They gave her a couple of doses of chemo and said "Good Luck" and sent her off to Toronto in an air amblulance.

In Toronto, the doctor came solemnly into her room with the family there, and sadly told her that he could only give her a 5% chance of survival, and that was only *IF* the Leukemia had been eradicated. Now, everyone reading this who has ever had *anything* to do with someone having Leukemia, would know that this scenario would be impossible, but you know what?...

Sandra sat up in her bed... looking like a skinny little 4' 10" old lady on her death bed, and said...

"Well you'd better get started so I can prove you wrong" (she was a follower of the East Indian lady known as Amma (the Hugging Saint) and Amma knew of her problem and was asked to just "take care of Sandra... whatever her destiny is to be")

Sandra's mother turned out to be a perfect matche for the transplant, and in February six years ago... Sandra had her transplant and went to see Amma in Toronto the following July (in a wheelchair, but she made it).

A couple of years later she had her last visit to the doctors in Toronto, for a checkup and the doctors came into her room with a really thick binder and one of them looked at it... looked at Sandra... looked back at the binder, then...

Slammed it shut and said...

"We don't understand... you *should* be dead. There is nothing in your tests to show you *EVER HAD* Fanconi, NOR Leukemia!!! Get out of here and don't come back... and have a wonderful life" (hugs and kisses all around)

Sandra now has her own car, drives all over the place and says everything looks different... like it's all new, fresh and vibrant. She's engaged, and plans to have kids.

Why did this happen? Some might say that Amma did it... Some (most) will say that it was because Sandra *Believed*.

So, *my* moral to you is...

If it's your time... then it's your time. Would you rather go (sorry, this is harsh, but...) *feeling sorry for yourself* OR

KICKING AND SCREAMING!!! lol

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off. I know a *little* of your story, and I personally think you are needed here.

Now, "What do YOU think"?

Best of Luck to you... and you can be assured that you *WILL* be in my thoughts and prayers and I'll be checking back occasionally to watch for the thread that says...

"YAY!!! I BEAT IT!!!"

{{{Sherri}}} flowers

Rusty_Knight's photo
Mon 12/12/11 11:07 PM

Oregon is a town in Ohio. We have a Wyoming too and lots of other name thievery.

That is very interesting.
Because when clicked it pulls up the state
of Oregon.
It should be pulling up the CITY of Oregon
in Ohio.
I shall have to pass that on :-)

I wonder what you would get... living in Hell, Michigan?

:laughing:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 11/03/11 09:51 PM
:laughing: :thumbsup:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 11/03/11 09:40 PM

Cookies

drooling drool

(Knight lurves cookies) smitten

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 11/03/11 09:37 PM
I'm thinking I just got a woody for some reason embarassed

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 11/03/11 09:34 PM
Welcome to Mingle2 John...

Have fun and hope you find what you're looking for

drinks

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 11/03/11 09:33 PM
thoughts and prayers are with you Star

flowers

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 11/03/11 09:24 PM

Hi Guys. I need to buy protection for my new computer,as my 30-day protection has expire,should I buy it over the computer or should I buy it from Best Buys or Walmarts,so that I would have the disc in case,I need to redo it? Also how do I switch everything from old computer to new computer? Please Simple Words..

I recommend to everyone who's computer I work on (a hobby) NOT to buy anything.

There is no antivirus protection that is much better than the next one, and there are a few *free* ones for personal home use.

I recommend...

Avast Free (my choice and it's what I run myself)
AVG Free (used to be really good but got slow as they added features)

That's just *my* opinion, but I've been working on computers for over 15 years

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 11/03/11 09:15 PM
Welcome to Mingle2 waving

As was said, if you join in the forums, people will get to know you better, and you will find out the personalities of those whom interest you.

Someone as lovely as you should not have a problem, so have fun, and good luck in your search flowerforyou

flowers

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 10/27/11 05:03 PM
Happy Birthday njmom!!!

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 10/27/11 08:35 AM
Lots of new faces waving

Have fun in the forums and hopefully you will find what you are looking for drinker

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 10/27/11 08:34 AM

I am a single father of 4(3 boys and a little princess). I am in the process of divorcing their mother and it's time for me to find somebody to be happy with. I havent had much luck, so a friend suggested I tried this site and others. So, hopefully my luck will change.

Hey there dad drinker

Join in the forums and have fun... and I hope you bump into *the one* you are searching for

:thumbsup:

Rusty_Knight's photo
Thu 10/27/11 08:14 AM
If I read this right, it's muziclvr, simone, and romee's birthdays, so...

Happy Birthday to all of you!!! waving

Rusty_Knight's photo
Wed 10/26/11 08:37 PM

Oops... I'm still single tongue2

Rusty_Knight's photo
Wed 10/26/11 08:37 PM

TAKEN AS OF TODAY

drinker Yay teadipper!!!

Good luck to you girl :banana: flowers

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15