Community > Posts By > billjam

no photo
Fri 10/28/11 06:12 PM
It looks more like a "data mining thing". Criminals especially spammers throughout the net create all kinds of websites in the hope that you will sign up to them for the porposes of "mining" your details. (collecting them for further use, usually criminal)

Of course some criminal sites will make it look like they really have deleted your details when really they have just copied them somewhere else, others simply wont bother providing a "privacy statement" and once you have signed up it is almost too late to do anything about it (but not quite)as there are then no options to do anything about it such is the case in this site.

Mingle2 and plenty of other semi legal sites including some large corporations (such as AOL) do it a little bit differently to avoid prosecution as descibed below.

These types of sites will offer a privacy policy and genuinely do as the often "DELIBERATELY well hidden and tedious" privacy policys state (so cant be prosecuted for misrepresntation) but it will be deliberately done in such a way that most people wont bother to read it so tricking people to surrender their details forever which can then be used for whatever porpose the policys state (usually delivering spam which has been legalised by the fact you probably didnt bother to read the policy. This tactic is especially prevelant amongst jewish run enterprises (although not all jews are dishonest, the ones which are, are very cunning) and the faces of some of the mods on here look jewish as well.

Such sites provide fake stupid reasons for doing this like "in case you want to come back". which is BULLPOO
IF ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN WANTED TO COME BACK THEY CAN ANY WAY JUST BY CREATING A FRESH ACCOUNT LIKE THEY DID THE FIRST TIME THEY CAME ON (i some times wonder if the CIA or MI5 or rothchilds are behind running all this data mining projects lol)

There are several ways to defeat this however
1 bomb the server farms (NOT RECOMENDED as this is likely to cost you the rest of your life either in jail or execution and will make you as bad as they are)
2 Delete EVERYTHING YOU POSSIBLY CAN (like pictures, and all the other general waffle and change that which you cant on your profile first (you might notice that i am 99 years old and over 7foot tall with a london post code of a place ive never been to ::))) and when you have done all that change your email address to that of either a fake one or that of someone you dont carefor depending on the situation, Now any one with half a brain will realise that this will fill up their servers with useless information and prevent them from reissuing user names and the like (which probably doesnt bother them too much) but better still (if you dont just deliberately change the password to one which you will forget) you can also pass on the loggon details to some one else less scrupulous who will reuse the account to annoy (troll) mingle2 and put other people off using it as well (such as posting the new account details on trolling sites for intsance) Word of warning DONT do this unlees you know what you are doing).
If enough people do this it will force the admins to reconsider their policies.
If they read this comment i have posted it may make them also reconsider before the trolls spoil this site

I accept that this is a free site and it needs to make money from advertising to keep running but it doest have to trick people out of their privacy to do it when it already uses ads in the pages themselves

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 06:29 PM
I am still interested in sabayon and ccux but i made/burnt the disks using brassero (gnomes so called disk burner)having decided k3b (kde) is even worse :( Linux is too half baked for me,

The only way for me in linux is if sabayon and ccux dont work is too learn how to build on top of a minimal distro like arch or tiny core and make my own distro with without all the unreliable crap that most distros seem to come with. I imagine this to be difficult without adequte documentaion being available online

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 06:21 PM
Fedora, ubuntu, knoppix, vector, dreamxfce, altlinux, debian, are all **** for different reasons.

I found as well that the alsa sond system is crap, pulse or oss is much better but neither of these will work with flash player. Gnash will be work instead but wont work with flash 11.3 as used by you tube.

As you can see if you want one thing in linux you will find you cant have another:(

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 06:11 PM
PC linux os kde supprisingly good for kde 4.x
Pc linux os xfce problems with my LAN port
Open suse just works but is very power hungry and like most distros falls to pieces with supprisingly little tinkering

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 06:08 PM
Puppy would be nice if only they stopped it being so buggy and they tidied up the menu system a bit

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 06:06 PM
Wise decision: Gnome and kde are both dreadfull desktops, even worse than enlightenment Mint debian xfce isnt bad for relaibility despite coming with some gnome gnome stuff but it is still a debian based one (with funny file permissions and unreliable sound)

Id like to be able to find some PROPER instructions on how to install .tar files instead of being reliant on the dyslexic package manager. For Now win 7 is the best system i have used so far