Community > Posts By > Jewels

no photo
Fri 06/14/19 06:56 PM
It depends on the guy, honestly. Some guys can be 40 and look 12 without facial hair, others look better without it. Personally, I prefer no long beards, but I'm not really worried about it. It's just hair.

no photo
Fri 06/14/19 03:51 PM
or some jack*** reported them because they were rejected and they have to get their account unlocked....

4 times in less than 2 days.

no photo
Fri 06/14/19 12:00 PM

Has anyone now or in the past being on antidepressants?...
And if so... did they help?..
. Any major side effects...?

I asked because I was at the doctors..the other day.. for a check...she asked how was I feeling emotionally mentally ... I mentioned.. that I seem to be in a bit of a slump.. focusing on things I don't have control over.. mixed in with some bouts of anxiety... I've never really had a problem with these symptoms before... I normally could just shake things off.. but lately it's become difficult....so..she gave me a prescription for antidepressants..to.. help me get out of my slump...

So!!!.. just curious if anybody has any info..
In regards to antidepressants

So, as someone who's taken a variety of anti-depressants, you should know some things. If your symptoms have not persisted for 6 or more months, then you probably should avoid them. Prozac and a few others have a history of causing severe, very bad side effects.

Anti-depressants work differently for everyone. The first one doesn't always work. It also takes 30 days to build up in your system and work to it's best effectiveness. Look the medication up on drugs.com that has an extensive database of all medications and their uses, benefits, side effects, interactions and so on. Some anti-depressants also have serious withdraw symptoms and some antibiotics (mostly ones used in a hospital), will make your medicine stop working (I found this out the hard way).

Always ask before taking any new medication and check drugs.com to reassure yourself or talk to your pharmacist. Those folks know a LOT about interactions, side effects, etc.

Watch out for any changes. If you develop any of those listed in the moderate or serious side effects, call your doctor immediately. Most doctor offices now have an after hours service that contacts whatever doctor in on call for these things. If not, see if there is a nurse advice line in your area. They can help you determine what action you may need to take until you can reach your doctor. Of course, this applies to medication in general, but psych meds are particularly important because it can cause psychosis or worse and end up with potentially disastrous results. This isn't to scare you, but warn you ahead of time. If your doctor doesn't listen, see someone else.

My experience has been varied, but my best has been paxil and cymbalta, both of which worked quite well. I have bipolar, so I require multiple medications, but I have had plenty of time to be able to notice what changes I'm experiencing. If it doesn't help, you could either need a stronger dose or a different medication. Do not wait a long time from starting the medication before you see your doctor again if there is no positive difference in 45-60 days.

I hope this helps you.

no photo
Thu 06/13/19 09:15 PM

Question,!!!
Females What should your answer's be to the 2 questions below?
What do you think Guys want in a relationship?

It depends on the guy. Many just want someone to accept them as they are and not want anything from them but them.

[quote[Do Males think they understand there females
Emotions and Wants?

Some men do, some men don't. Some women are more complicated than others - also, we all have different tastes.

no photo
Thu 06/13/19 02:58 AM
Better to waste some time than to be looked completely over because you blend in with the scammers.

no photo
Wed 06/12/19 10:58 AM

That has happened to a couple of folks here.........and it makes you wonder about the 'online life'

If something were to happen to you, who else has your passwords/acct. info. so that they could close things out for you. Inform your 'online friends' what happened to you?

I always have a file with all my logins on a secure flash drive in case of emergency.

no photo
Wed 06/12/19 12:00 AM
Something wrong?

no photo
Tue 06/11/19 10:27 PM
What's so scary about having a conversation with everyone that does it and asking them personally.

Does anyone have that kind of time?

Why not?
You can have the most filled out and honest profile in the world.
Doesn't mean anything if no one says "hi" to you, or answer your "hi."

The more filled out it is, the better chances are you won't look like one of the many bot/scammer accounts. If you state something about revealing things due to privacy issues, most people, I would image, would consider that perfectly fine, but when there's nothing, there's no ability to tell if they're a real person or not.

It's neither good nor bad.
It really just doesn't matter.

It really kinda does. No one looks at a blank profile and go "Oh, this is interesting!" No one.

I can see the benefits of just saying "hi."
IMO it seems kind of like seeing someone in public and starting off with "pardon me," as opposed to immediately going into a routine trying to force their attention, or screaming at them "this is me! this is everything about me! validate it! commit it to memory! Now!"

The problem is that with that 'hi' in the profile because it's the default, you end up looking like the many scammers out there, who do not bother to fill out a profile. The people who talk about safety and so on sites like this warn specifically against profiles with little to no information. They're the first sign of a potential predator, scammer, or worse.

no photo
Tue 06/11/19 10:14 PM
Honestly, I think most of them are scammers. I get loads of "hello beauty" "hello pretty" and other crap. They clearly are not native English speakers (not that that's bad, but when your pic is a white American...).

I sent one a warning message 2 days ago and they've suddenly reduced by more than 50%.

no photo
Mon 06/10/19 12:19 AM
I've never heard that before.

no photo
Fri 06/07/19 03:13 AM
The only thing that would convince me would be if God showed up in person. Now, there would be some tests, because it's not a topic where I could be easily swayed.