DrummerResist63 's photo
Fri 07/12/19 01:11 PM
I find this subject fascinating, frustrating and also enlightening. The more I read the more I feel that religion is a means to control the masses, from sinners to righteousness. Oh how organised religion has cornered the market in hate and fear. I’m not putting down spirituality, faith or belief. All of these are personal choices that we are all entitled to, but I will put down the argument that god, any god and there are many in religious practices around the globe, is all seeing and an all knowing entity that we are taught to fear.
On the other hand there are people whom will argue that these theories about god and religion are dreams of the weak and deluded. This is also disrespectful of faith in something, anything.
The overall consensus is confusion of the theological and the theoretical. Each saying you are wrong and I am right. ******** to any negative and discriminatory attitudes, we are all humans, we are all made of the same stuff.
I personally don’t believe in the god theory, I find it very contradictory and partially desperate.
I know I exist and I know the ground I walk on exists. The chemistry and makeup of the universe is there to see hear and feel. Theoretical sciences throughout history has become science fact. I cannot believe in something I cannot see hear or feel. Especially something that is vengeful and rules with an iron fist.
I’m a practical kind of person and don’t believe in religion, monotheistic doctrine and fearing something that should be loved. I’m believer that we are entitled to our own beliefs and if faith is God or evolution who are we to say the others are wrong.