Community > Posts By > Turtlepoet78

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:34 AM
Even when it hits a brick wall a shell only flattens leaving the stamp still visible. Yes, they failed to make it federal law, but it should be;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:28 AM

Let me clarify, many of the posters have claimed in this and other threads that any type of regulations on firearms is an infringement on the right to bare arms, I was pointing out that these regulations to a point are a good thing, not neccesarily a ban on hand guns but background checks, waiting periods, and serial stamping on bullets. Again, nobody has proposed banning guns altogether;^]

serial stamping on bullets? dude...have you seen what happens to most bullets when they hit something?

Actualy I have, but the shell generaly remains in tact. It's nothing new at all, they use it all the time to link bullets to gun in question and as evidance in murder trials;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:14 AM
It could always be better, but so far 2008 seems to be the year of the turtle;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:13 AM

I disagree. As much as we might dislike what these people have done, (or allegedly done) we cannot take away their human rights. Only their freedom. To say that one human life is worth less than another is judgmental. To say the actions of a human are vile... is appropriate.

My thoughts exactly, justice is one thing but vengeance is another;^]

I agree. Even though, I do understand how people would want to go to those measures

Same here, it's very tempting, but there lyes the problem;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:12 AM
So much for the bill of rights;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:10 AM
Technicaly anybody who's in politics and getting paid for it is a career politician & we have had some great career politicians. Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, etc etc. Sorry, just nitpicking..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:06 AM

Meeting this guy from a super famous band and being able to tell him how his lyrics helped me through high school and how they basically kept me alive.
its nothing special but im only 21...short life so far lol

I once wrote a letter to Mike Muir of Suicidal Tendencies for the same reason. The day I recieved the autographed poster afterward was a pretty happy moment;^]

wow thats great. i met Davey Havok from AFI. I dont know if any of you know them...but anyways after i told him all i had to tell i had him autograph my leg and i went and had it tattooed.

hehe, I wish I could meet Mike in real life, though I'd prolly be too nervous to talk..lol;^]

i thought the same thing. but i was suprised how easily the words came out, and he was nice about it. i felt like a total dork afterwards. but it was great.

yeah, but I have a nervous disorder, though on the bright side Mike seems like he would fully understand all that. Now all I have to do is get over to the UK to catch their tour..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 11:01 AM
As opposed to a non career politician?;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 10:59 AM

I disagree. As much as we might dislike what these people have done, (or allegedly done) we cannot take away their human rights. Only their freedom. To say that one human life is worth less than another is judgmental. To say the actions of a human are vile... is appropriate.

My thoughts exactly, justice is one thing but vengeance is another;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 10:55 AM

Meeting this guy from a super famous band and being able to tell him how his lyrics helped me through high school and how they basically kept me alive.

I once wrote a letter to Mike Muir of Suicidal Tendencies for the same reason. The day I recieved the autographed poster afterward was a pretty happy moment;^]

wow thats great. i met Davey Havok from AFI. I dont know if any of you know them...but anyways after i told him all i had to tell i had him autograph my leg and i went and had it tattooed.

hehe, I wish I could meet Mike in real life, though I'd prolly be too nervous to talk..lol;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 10:46 AM

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 10:41 AM
The day I got released from the joint;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 10:29 AM
Personaly I love big girls, as the old saying goes, much more to love;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 10:26 AM
I still don't care what some pastor said. I have friends who make homophobic comments all the time, I don't agree but I love them all the same. It's better than Ron Pauls articles which were truely racist;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 10:20 AM
Let me clarify, many of the posters have claimed in this and other threads that any type of regulations on firearms is an infringement on the right to bare arms, I was pointing out that these regulations to a point are a good thing, not neccesarily a ban on hand guns but background checks, waiting periods, and serial stamping on bullets. Again, nobody has proposed banning guns altogether;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 10:02 AM

I read over and over again about how people say they are shy and don't like to e-mail first or are afraid of rejection in general. Why join a dating site?

Can I ask why the shy ones are afraid of being rejected by someone they do not even know.... and not even in person?

flowerforyou

Well, it's hard sometimes;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 09:57 AM

metal illness: a doctor would diagnose that. but alot of people won't see a doctor

felons: they give up those rights when they commit the crime

i think they are trying to do away with guns not the regulations

Who's trying to do away with guns in general? That's only something claimed by the republican smear machine to win against the democrats. I have yet to hear any american politician say we need to ban all firearms;^]

that's what this thread is about....not doing away with regulations

I know this, but it's all relevant because it still comes back to regulations since there is no ban on guns as a whole. Banning handguns is a regulation;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 09:52 AM

metal illness: a doctor would diagnose that. but alot of people won't see a doctor

felons: they give up those rights when they commit the crime

i think they are trying to do away with guns not the regulations

Who's trying to do away with guns in general? That's only something claimed by the republican smear machine to win against the democrats. I have yet to hear any american politician say we need to ban all firearms;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 09:47 AM

Yes, but do you expect a 5 year old to understand the consequences? The only way I support a child having a gun is in the case where the gun is their guardians & the child only have access under their strict supervision. But still, what about felons and people with severe mental illness? Surely you guys must believe in some sort of regulation;^]

i think there are regulations for that...they are back ground checks

Indeed, I'm argueing in support of those regulations;^]

laugh well hun...they have those now. i sure hope they won't voluntarily put guns in their hands. I think they want to just ban guns...not give them to everyone flowerforyou

I know they have them already, most of the folks though want to do away with regulations, I'm saying we need those regulations. There are no bans on guns in general in the USA, only regulations.

@toasted: Notice I said SEVERE mental illness, IE one without the capacity to comprehend the consequences or one too far gone to care;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Mon 03/17/08 09:41 AM

Yes, but do you expect a 5 year old to understand the consequences? The only way I support a child having a gun is in the case where the gun is their guardians & the child only have access under their strict supervision. But still, what about felons and people with severe mental illness? Surely you guys must believe in some sort of regulation;^]

i think there are regulations for that...they are back ground checks

Indeed, I'm argueing in support of those regulations;^]

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25