Community > Posts By > inev

no photo
Tue 09/17/19 03:30 AM
Want to chat? There it is🤣:grin:🤣:grin:

no photo
Mon 09/16/19 08:40 AM
Yes that probably is:grin::thumbsup: :-)

no photo
Sun 09/15/19 08:22 AM
It’s really cool and not to mention the breathtaking sights you see Switzerland has its fair share of beautiful horse riding trails and amazing shooting range :-)

no photo
Sun 09/15/19 12:50 AM
I have been chatting and talking on the phone for months with a local guy I met here and we finally decided to meet in person, and he asked me that I can decide where we meet and what we do that is something different from having coffee and since we both love outdoors..
I decided to keep our first meeting super casual and so I suggested we go horse riding after that we go pistol shooting that is also with in the area and eat afterwards at a local restaurant and the shooting club I thought that would be perfect....
He replied “ I never expected you to do man stuff “ I never heard from him again lol:grin:

no photo
Fri 09/13/19 07:28 AM
Lol so it’s only female that needs confirmation eh:grin:

no photo
Thu 07/18/19 06:51 AM

Hi inev, I agree with the others about it mattering and being a personal preference. I used to think it odd because I have it stated on my profile where I'm from, so why ask?

Working in the hospitality industry I am asked that pretty much everyday from guests... Even though my name tag clearly states where I'm from, haha. I believe for some it's more of a conversation starter, an ice breaker.

With this being an International site, some cultures may find it rude to ask that right off the bat... other cultures may find it rude not to ask that first. With messaging we are able to steer the conversation in another direction if you don't wish to discuss a certain topic... or you can just say you're not comfortable talking about it.

I think she gets asked because of what Poetry said: she's got an exotic background.
Her profile says she's in Zurich, but her ancestry isn't there.
In that sense a profile states where you live, not where you're from, your heritage.

Hi, exactly my point asking “where you’re from” is a broad question as it involves heritage and in my case I’ve got Japanese blood,Spanish blood ( and I’m proud of that ) but born and raised and educated here in Switzerland :grin:

no photo
Thu 07/18/19 03:21 AM

Depends on personal preference.
Some may like to know because of traveling distance, others may like to know if you can provide access to a first world country.

To me it matters as I only want to date within my own culture, and even then within a 155 km perimeter.

Well that clearly shows how others just randomly click like and messages other people without reading their profile:rolling_eyes::grin: like mine is ZĂĽrich that means Switzerland.

no photo
Wed 07/17/19 09:57 PM
Why is it that apart from getting messages that says “hey sweetie” or “hey babe” which is yuck coming from a person you haven’t met:rolling_eyes: it’s also the random messages that ask “ which country where you’re from” I mean whatever happens to conversation etiquette of asking a person how they are, what are their experiences on these site, what are their passions in life there are so many things to talk about, I just find it so off putting if the first question is which country “where you’re from” :rolling_eyes: the question is just so broad like you can be from Asia but born and raised in Australia or middle Eastern but born and raised in America and so on... one message I replied I come from hell.

Btw any thoughts...

no photo
Wed 07/17/19 11:35 AM

I forgot..

Pictures where you are:

Sticking out your tongue

Making fish lips

Or putting a weird expression on your face ~on purpose~
(I could post examples of this ^, but the mods would probably delete the pics)

Holding/ grabbing your crotch
(not a good look for a 20 year old...and even more disgusting in someone who is 50+)

The lists just goes on I agree with all the above you mentioned and to add to that “ being Choosy “ lol I came across that profile I’m like WTH did you look in the mirror :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes: also the “ Hey Babe “ it’s just yuck when you don’t know the person at all:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

no photo
Wed 07/17/19 10:44 AM
Just travelled recently to Jukkasjärvi in Sweden :flag_se: it was definitely a wonderful experience al in all stayed at the Ice Hotel and was magical....and now off to Normandy :grin::grin::grin::grin:

And yes to each their own but there’s such freedom and liberation in traveling solo:grin::grin::flag_ch::grin::grin:

no photo
Wed 07/17/19 10:24 AM

If ya wanna be happy for dee rest of yo life, neva make a pretty woman you wife.

Lol:grin:🤣:grin::slight_smile:

no photo
Tue 07/16/19 09:32 PM

Hey Inev, I think you are on your way in becoming a Mingle2 Jedi master.. lol Stay safe and have fun..laugh drinker

Ha ha lol I might as well figure these out NOW 藍藍藍

Yes you are doing the right thing, as you can see there are a lot of experts in the forums, and many comedians also..winking

Hi yes I can see that, so for advice just come to mingle2 and no need to go pay for a professional 🤣:grin:

no photo
Tue 07/16/19 03:20 AM

Hey Inev, I think you are on your way in becoming a Mingle2 Jedi master.. lol Stay safe and have fun..laugh drinker

Ha ha lol I might as well figure these out NOW 🤣🤣🤣

no photo
Tue 07/16/19 02:28 AM

Might I suggest something?

When messaging a prospect try to find things common and start by talking about those things.
If they are close by or from a place which you know.
Talk about things he would know if he truly is who he says he is.

In my area, Washington Street Pier is very well-known.
Us locals know its called "The Rock Pile"
Anyone can do a search on the zip code and the pier.
They will not however, know that it is called "The Rock Pile"

I met my current GF on M2.
One of the topics during messaging was local landmarks.
Mainly to set up an eventual meet (which we did).
When I mentioned Washington St Pier she immediately replied "Oh the rock pile?"
This told me was at least local which was in her profile.
That known reference opened more in-depth messages because it established a bit of trust.
After a few more 'direct hits' we decided to meet face to face.

Any woman (before I met my current GF) that suggested going off site to get to know each other better was a direct "NO".
Any man that wants to go off-site without first establishing common trust with you should probably also be a direct "NO".

It all happens gradually and over repeated conversation.
Good things come to the patient one.
Just be smart: Choose wisely.

Hi thanks for the thoughts it will be helpful going forward:-)
I must admit I was naive I mean when all you have is a good intention then you tend to miss out on being cautious:-)

I don’t think he’s actually legit all the things I was talking about all the road trips I did here in Switzerland and he doesn’t have any idea what I’m talking, about the places near Zürich like I was telling about my road trip to Winterthur which is just max 30 mins by car from here and he’s replying so weird I was telling him about the charging stations here in Switzerland as I have a Tesla model 3 and he doesn’t know it’s an environmental friendly car, and so I realize I will ask for his number ( not realizing that it connotes to being a scammer lol ) to find out where he is currently residing because he said he’s a banker at UBS here in Zürich and he said he doesn’t have a number because he wants to keep things simple lol our office is next to UBS bank along Banhoftrasse which is being dubbed at one time as the most expensive street in the world and all these he doesn’t know.:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

And his pictures in his profile doesn’t look the same if you compare them altogether.
So I realize these is all bonkers I’m done with him and all his bullcrap and it’s not like we chatted for a day we have been for quite a while..

That ends well thank God for all the meaningful insights it’s all a confirmation of what I was thinking intuitively:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

no photo
Mon 07/15/19 10:23 PM

Everybody is connected these days. you'd think connecting would be easier.
But instead there is just more distrust and xenophobia. It's a sad sign of the times.
But keeping it simple? I'm with Crystal on that one.
Makes you wander. if he is worried about someone finding out.

Although it could just as easily be as the guys said. he may be wary of scammers. Because that's what they do every time. Get you offsite and start gathering personal information.

It's such a pain that there are so many wishing to take advantage of ones personal quest for love.

But what can you do? Listen to your head. quizz him..

Hi I couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said it’s sad that we are affected by the craps of others...btw thank you for the advice:slight_smile: I don’t think he’s legit anyway his pictures in his profile aren’t similar to each other and by him constantly saying he’s English is also a bit weird...I mean really I don’t want to be a part of his bullcrap...lol....

no photo
Mon 07/15/19 10:18 PM

I'd see it as a red flag as:
A) he likes to keep things simple??? What does he mean by that? Have you asked him? Women usually never ask further and accept vague or even weird comments without question.
But keeping it simple to my mind means: He doesn't want anything other than casually chat. So if your interest is different...

B) Men usually don't mind going on an App, off this site. They're usually the first ones to mention it. Him not wanting that, yes, I find that weird. What is he afraid of?
One thing I can think of he's scared of: you contacting -or phoning him even- when he's with his missus... Wouldn't be the first.
I feel that's the main reason why men are reluctant to do something as simple as chat on an App.

I'd say, take a look at the depth of your conversations with the guy to decide what to do with it. If the conversations are rather superficial, is that what you want? Again, women tend to put up with what a guy is willing to give, which is totally not smart.
If there was more depth, I'd ask him what he means by "keeping it simple".
Lord knows he's got a missus and is having chats with women on the side. What time is he online? Always late, or briefly etc. Use your brain and common sense in combi with your intuition.

Hi thank you for the meaningful insights:-) if you read my message below I’ve revved my Tesla and left our conversation I don’t wanna be a part of his bullcrap life:grin:

no photo
Mon 07/15/19 10:17 PM

Hi inev, welcome to Mingle2 waving
Since you're new to online dating sites, may I just advise you not to go out of the site for your own protection. It is usually a red flag when someone wants to chat outside the site right away. Don't give out any personal information such as email or phone number as there are a lot of bad people out there.

The guy must thought you were moving too fast. I think what he meant by keeping it simple is staying within the site and not giving out any personal info until you get to know each other better.... or he was just not into you... or worst, that you were up to no good lol

my two cents
happy

I’ve mentioned above I didn’t know that asking for a number connotes to being a scammer had I known I wouldn’t have..and like I said I understand now.....

I actually revved my Tesla and left our conversation because I also did some investigating and all his pictures in his profile if you compare them altogether I noticed wasn’t the same I think he fished them out,now I understand what he means by “ keeping it simple “ bullcrap..a friend also told me that by asking for his number I’d be able to find out which country he really is from because I noticed that in every conversation we have he keeps on saying he’s English ( UK ) as if that matters the most..lol...

Anyway like I said I’m far from his bulshit consumed all my battery and I’ve already charged my Tesla :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

no photo
Mon 07/15/19 10:00 PM

Have to agree with Lars, so many on here asking for whatsapp and hangout, ya just gotta weed dem out..smokin drinker

My goodness I’m pretty sure that’s what he’s thinking lol I wasn’t aware of that藍:rolling_eyes:

lol.. The first thing that comes to mind, but always a red flag..winking

Lol It’s awful to have someone think of you like that but I guess you have to when it comes to online activities

Yeah it's a virtual madhouse..lol I'm sure you'll figure it out though..happy

Yeah I already figured out it’s bonkers 🤣:grin:

no photo
Mon 07/15/19 09:59 PM

It is a lovely part of France although most popular for the past ww2 etc please from around the world visit mainly the UK, USA and Canada around the 6th of June to commemorate d-day and lost relatives. The weather is similar to the UK.
Your going to Mont Saint Michel? Beautiful place. North of there is Saint-mere-eglise also lovely, many Americans visit from there you can go to the start of the beaches and work your way along.

I see...now I understand why you like the place too weather wise etc:-) who doesn’t like a good weather ever since moving here in Zürich I’m loving every bits too especially the weather I used to work in Dubai before relocating here so I know how to appreciate a good weather :grin:

Yes St.Michel is the reason why I’m doing the road trip to Normandy it’s been in my lists for long but I will be there for 3 days so I will have all the time to visit these places you’ve mentioned:-) Thank you :slight_smile: I’ve been to Paris but yeah Paris is Paris:grin:

no photo
Mon 07/15/19 10:27 AM

Hi, your welcome. I'm fine thanks.
If you're planning on visiting the beaches of Normandy best is arromanches also pegusus bridge just north of caen at a place called benouville although all is interesting.

Hi....I have lots of free time after visiting St.Michel and beach would definitely be a good idea I will go to these places you’ve mentioned,Thank you very much:-) Cheese you seem to know more about the that part of France must be one of your favorite place:-)

Previous 1