Community > Posts By > TalnSG

TalnSG's photo
Wed 09/28/11 07:41 PM
Though not intentional, my tastes of late have become all foreign. Beer: Murphy's Stout, Negro Modelo, Sapporo and Tsingtao.
Wine: PORTS, Spanish and Italian reds.

TalnSG's photo
Wed 09/28/11 07:34 PM
JeannieB, not only are you interpretations simple and clear, that is a wonderful deck you are using. I am enjoying seeing each new card as they are pulled.

How about seeing if mine will show us a new one from the deck?

TalnSG's photo
Mon 09/26/11 05:03 PM
Unless we meet at my employment, all you have to do is be able to read facial expressions, ask questions and pay attention. If you want to know me it's easy to do.

On the other hand, there is a wall between my personal life and my professional that doesn't get breached in either direction unless we have a vested interest in each other. But I am quick to explain that in person too.

TalnSG's photo
Mon 09/26/11 04:48 PM

what attracts you to a certain type? What about him or her grabs your interest? What makes you want to talk to them and learn more?

Love those almond eyes. smile2

Dark almond eyes always get my attention before anything else - unless I hear an interesting conversation from someone I can't see at the moment.

As for the 2 minute decision - the only thing decided that quickly with me is elimination from consideration.

Otherwise my mind stays open long enough to check out how the other person's mind works. Sometimes what is smoldering, but well hidden, is far better than the instant spark.

TalnSG's photo
Mon 09/26/11 04:26 PM
Your intent and the statement itself are not bigoted. It is a clear and honest statement of preference; something everyone has.

However, that particular wording is treacherous because it is often only the lead in to more clearly prejudicial pronouncements.

I agree that referring to "interest" would improve the feel of the statement, rather than "wants" or what you will or won't do.

TalnSG's photo
Mon 09/26/11 04:17 PM
Dealing with this issue both in my personal life and often at work, I have found it in my best interest to follow-up with those who don't respond about 24-48 hours before the event. And in the follow-up, I mention that if I don't hear from them in advance (whatever date/time you are comfortablle with)we won't hold space for them to join us.

It's all too common these days for people to either ignore or forget invitations.

TalnSG's photo
Mon 09/26/11 04:04 PM
Most of the time I am one of those square pegs that has been honed to 8 sides so when necessary, I fit - just not completely. And the paring off of those corners doesn't go all the way to the top either.