Community > Posts By > JJimSs

JJimSs's photo
Wed 06/11/08 10:09 PM
She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases. On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things. On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar and a bottle of spring water.
When she finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar into the hollow of the curtain rods.

She then cleaned up the kitchen and left. When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days.

Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything from cleaning, mopping and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents and carpets were steam cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere. Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days and in the end, they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting. Nothing worked. People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. The maid quit. Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out and eventually even the local realtors refused to return their calls. Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man and asked how things were going.
He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely and said that she missed her old home terribly and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back.

Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth, but only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed and within the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later, the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home. And to spite the ex-wife, they even took the curtain rods with them!

Daily Thoughts
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present.
--Unknown

When you look at yourself from a universal standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about.
--Albert Einstein

JJimSs's photo
Wed 06/11/08 10:02 PM

The psychology instructor had just finished a lecture on mental health and was giving an oral test.
Speaking specifically about manic depression, she asked, "How would you diagnose a patient who walks back and forth screaming at the top of his lungs one minute, then sits in a chair weeping uncontrollably the next?"
A young man in the rear raised his hand and answered, "A basketball coach?"

JJimSs's photo
Thu 06/05/08 08:04 PM

The wife came home early and found her husband in their bedroom making love to a very attractive young woman and she was somewhat upset. 'You are a disrespectful pig!' she cried. 'How dare you do this to me -- a faithful wife, the mother of your children! I'm leaving you. I want a divorce straight away!'

And the husband replied, 'Hang on just a minute, love, so at least I can tell you what happened.'

'Fine, go ahead,' she sobbed,' but they'll be the last words you'll say to me!'

And the husband began -- 'Well, I was getting into the car to drive home, and this young lady here asked me for a lift. She looked so down and out and defenseless that I took pity on her and let her into the car. I noticed that she was very thin, not well dressed and very dirty. She told me that she hadn't eaten for three days. So, in my compassion, I brought her home and warmed up the enchiladas I made for you last night, the ones you wouldn't eat because you're afraid you'll put on weight. The poor thing devoured them in moments. Since she needed a good clean-up, I suggested a shower, and while she was doing that, I noticed her clothes were dirty and full of holes, so I threw them away. Then, as she needed clothes, I gave her the designer jeans that you have had for a few years, but don't use because you say they are too tight. I also gave her the underwear that was your anniversary present, which you don't use because I don't have good taste. I found the sexy blouse my sister gave you for Christmas that you don't use just to annoy her, and I also donated those boots you bought at the expensive boutique and don't use because someone at work has a pair the same.'

The husband took a quick breath and continued - 'She was so grateful for my understanding and help that as I walked her to the door, she turned to me with tears in her eyes and said, 'Please ... Do you have anything else that your wife doesn't use?'

A hospital spokesperson said that he is on life support
in ICU.

JJimSs's photo
Wed 05/21/08 09:31 PM

It's like twilight zone lol laugh

laugh laugh laugh

JJimSs's photo
Wed 05/21/08 09:31 PM

damn thoughtthis thread was about fishing

same

JJimSs's photo
Thu 05/01/08 10:47 PM

A piece of string walks into a bar. The bartender eyes it carefully and says suspiciously, "Say, aren't you a piece of string?"
"Yes, I am. Why?"
"Well, we don't serve pieces of string here. I have to ask you to leave."
The piece of string leaves the bar, but he doesn't give up. He ties himself into a knot, frays his ends and goes back into the bar.
Once again, the bartender looks him over and says, "You're a piece of string, aren't you?"
"I'm a frayed knot."

JJimSs's photo
Wed 01/09/08 08:49 PM
Story is actually in a movie. Can't recall title.

Read it in an email first...then seen the movie about a year
later.

excellent story though...

JJimSs's photo
Tue 12/11/07 08:37 AM
giant grey cloud....

JJimSs's photo
Mon 12/10/07 12:00 AM
Good post. I really enjoyed...

JJimSs's photo
Sun 12/09/07 08:02 PM
laugh laugh laugh

JJimSs's photo
Sun 12/09/07 07:59 PM
Excellent....

JJimSs's photo
Thu 12/06/07 07:37 PM

So true...

JJimSs's photo
Thu 12/06/07 07:22 PM
just kidding...

over the counter or as prescribed by Dr. Feelgood.
Or if my back goes out...

JJimSs's photo
Thu 12/06/07 07:18 PM
only over the counter....happy

JJimSs's photo
Thu 12/06/07 06:52 PM
Wish I new.

JJimSs's photo
Thu 12/06/07 06:47 PM

In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death.
(Like THAT makes sense.)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.
(Do they look different reversed?)
*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The sex organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.
(A brick??)
*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.
(Much worse than "going blind!")
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the
countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the
privilege of having sex for the first time Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.
(Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her
adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The
husband's illicit lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any
manner desired.
(Ah! Justice!)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England but only in
tropical fish stores.
(But of course!)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
(Makes one shudder at the thought.)
*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*
In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.
(I presume this was a big enough problem that they
had to pass this law?)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises."
(Is this a great country or what? Well . . . not as
great as Guam!)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
(Who volunteers for this stuff?)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
(Is that why Flipper was always smiling?)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
(From drinking little bottles of .... ?)
(Did the government pay for this research??)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Ah, geez.)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
(I know some people like that.)
Starfish don't have brains.
(I know some people like that, too.)

And, the best for last:
Turtles can breathe through their butts.
(And I thought I had bad breath in the morning!)

JJimSs's photo
Thu 12/06/07 06:31 PM
I notice errors..but have no prob ignoring them. As long as the gist of the post is there...

JJimSs's photo
Thu 12/06/07 06:23 PM
An enjoyable read...It would be good in a children's book.

:wink: :smile:

JJimSs's photo
Thu 12/06/07 07:11 AM

A young man went to a fortune teller. Gazing into her crystal ball, the old lady asked, "What is your dream, young man? What do you want to do with your life?"
"I want to become a great writer."
"How do you define great?" she asked.
"I want to write things that the whole world will read, things that people will react to on a truly emotional level, things that will make them scream, cry, wail, howl in pain, desperation and anger."
The fortune teller reassured him, "It will be so."
He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

JJimSs's photo
Tue 12/04/07 10:00 PM
An old one but a good one....happy

Previous 1 3 4