Community > Posts By > Foggy Nights

Foggy Nights's photo
Mon 03/01/21 11:56 PM
I prefer Billy Joel.
I've seen him perform twice, once back in 1986 at the Pacific Colosseum in Vancouver, and once in Munich in 1990 (on his birthday). His 1986 concert is still the best large concert I've been to.
While I enjoy some of Elton John's songs, I have a larger playlist of Billy Joel's, and am more inclined to try to learn how to play some of his on the piano.

Foggy Nights's photo
Sun 11/03/19 11:45 PM
I'm in Greater Vancouver.

Foggy Nights's photo
Sun 08/11/19 01:11 AM
When people talk about reincarnation, I assume they mean that they (or their soul) has lived previous lives, and has unconscious memories of those previous lives.

Unfortunately I find this concept very unlikely. Certainly under hypnosis, people have recounted having lived before and given great details about their lives. However, many of these people claim to have been kings or queens, etc. No one ever seems to remember being a serf in the Middle Ages. The problem is is that when they do provide useful details that could prove their story, they don't. This is because under hypnosis, people can make up and imagine all kinds of things, and believe their recollections to be true (eg. shown a video of a traffic accident, under hypnosis subjects will recall the licence plate numbers of the vehicles, even though those were never visible in the video).

A few people also claim to remember their past lives. Again, memory details are a problem, particularly if the person had access to information on the person they claim to be. eg. a person in their village who recently died, but friends and family are still alive, and could have provided information about them.

I'll believe in reincarnation when a 1 year old can remember how to read/write/speak in an ancient language that they couldn't have been taught, eg. Ancient Greek, Middle English, etc. Why can people claim to remember incidents of past lives, but not how to communicate in the language they would have used then?

Foggy Nights's photo
Sun 08/11/19 01:00 AM
Are you agnostic about fairies? Goblins? Werewolves? The Greek Gods?

You can be both agnostic and an atheist. The terms are not mutually exclusive. You can agree that it is not possible to prove god(s) don't exist, but agree that it is also probably the case that they don't exist.