Community > Posts By > uk_bloke

uk_bloke's photo
Tue 07/08/08 05:18 PM

BonnyMiss is right there definitely has to be a set time to get a conversation going in here :smile:

Hey, I'm online the same time as another Brit...........!!!!

im here now... what did i miss??

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/25/08 10:58 AM
hey pete and bonny!

yep, sunny here :)

uk_bloke's photo
Tue 06/24/08 01:26 PM
evenin' all :o)

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/11/08 04:03 PM
ask her why she cant be more like her sister/best friend

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/11/08 04:00 PM
throw ur phone in the river, dissapear for a few weeks unexplainably. dont wash, be a mess. return home. 'honey, you will NEVER believe what happened to me....'

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/11/08 03:43 PM
dirty sex.. ya know, the kind that oughta be (and maybe is) illegal :)

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/11/08 02:58 PM
ah, thats better! updated profile pic :)

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/11/08 02:38 PM

says the 35 year old

I would say, 18 is legal

16 is legal here... but that dont make it morally right!

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/11/08 02:37 PM
some nice answers there.

it kinda bothers me in some ways, but i know that it really shouldnt make any difference at all, but i dunno, i guess i just remember what i was like at her age... does that make any sense?? nah, prob not!

if i'm enjoying myself and smiling, then im happy :)

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/11/08 02:30 PM
what would you see as being an 'acceptable' age gap between 2 people???

lets say, for example, a 35 year old guy... what would you consider to be the youngest and/or oldest limits for him to date??

erm, im askin' on behalf of a friend...

uk_bloke's photo
Wed 06/11/08 02:27 PM
i cant believe this still still doing the rounds... feralcat, you created a monster!

uk_bloke's photo
Tue 06/10/08 04:11 PM
hi :)

well, i reckon our summer's here this week, make the most of it!

uk_bloke's photo
Tue 06/10/08 04:00 PM
oh my, this thread STILL lives on??!!

uk_bloke's photo
Mon 03/24/08 01:45 PM
sorry, i just realised i put this in the relationship advice section, i wasnt after advice, just making a statement!

italianman30, thanks for your wonderfully thought out input to the thread, i look forward to reading more intelligent scribes from yourself :smile:

uk_bloke's photo
Mon 03/24/08 01:24 PM
reasons i was stressing out, seems that i was trying to live in 2 time zones for the communication reasons, this was having a pretty bad effect on me, i was constantly tired and grouchy, i was having some problems at work and basically, i was feeling run down and stressed out.

I finally worked out that i needed to live my day 2 day live in my own time zone, rather than burning myself out.

uk_bloke's photo
Mon 03/24/08 01:12 PM
some of you may have noticed iv not been about as much as usual, but you may not have noticed at all laugh

I got chatting with a girl in Canada, actually, right over the west side of Canada... quite a trek from the UK. We got on real well so i decided to take a flight over, and spent 10 days there. (10 hr flight to Vancouver, then a 1h30 flight from vancouver). We got on really well and i even got on great with her daughter (3years old). I'm not really used to children so i wasn't sure how things would be, but it was all good.

It was hard having to leave to come back here. She had tears, and me, being a guy, put on a brave front and so on. 26 hours later (waiting at airport, time zones etc) and i was back home and ready to go back to my normal life and my career.

I had a bit of a freaky time about a week or so after i got back. I got scared. Could i really do this? I lost confidence in myself and felt i couldnt do this. I avoided her messages, put a distance between us, built my self defence wall. Eventually i spoke to her about it and basically said that i didnt think i could do it. Cue more tears etc.

I realised that really, it was just me being scared of the whole situation. I'm not the most open of people, and that didnt help, as i wasnt communicating how i felt. I spoke to her again and opened up about why i said what i did, and that i didnt mean it, and my fears and so on. I'm glad i did, but i know that open-ness is one of my weaknesses that i have to work on. So we're back to being happy again!

Here's the thing, i really feel that i should be there. I've been working hard on my career over the last few years, up for a promotion over the next week and so on. I'm ready to throw that in (work in that line doesnt seem to come up in her city) and make the big brave leap! I'm staying in my job here for at least the rest of this year, they're letting me do various trade certifications that are globally recognised and will hold me in a stronger chance should the right job opportunity arise.
I'm not sure HOW to pick up and move countries. I may even have to just do it and be an illegal for a period of time. Marriage is not an optional way around it, as she is currently married/seperated, and he's going to drag that out for the full duration!

so thats where im at presently!

uk_bloke's photo
Fri 03/21/08 12:34 PM
im sorry, i retract my earlier comment, it was uncalled for and was meant 'tongue in cheek'.

i hope he is just 'busy with other things', maybe you need to give him the benefit of the doubt there and assume he is.

good luck :smile: flowerforyou

uk_bloke's photo
Fri 03/21/08 12:26 PM
iv been to the clinic. you should get yourself checked

uk_bloke's photo
Fri 03/21/08 12:12 PM
eBay??

uk_bloke's photo
Fri 03/21/08 12:10 PM
new g/f invited me to xmas dinner at her place, her whole family was there - 2 sisters, 2 brothers, her own kids, and her mom.... part way thru i turned and said (quite loudly to be sure she heard me)

"i must say Karen, you do make fantastic potatoes"

swiftly followed by

"erm, Karen? who'd that? you're Claire"

that was a bit of a wish the floor would open up around me moment... karen wa sthe ex wife...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25