Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Mon 09/30/19 04:40 PM
I saw a wolf chasing a rabbit and they were BOTH walking!

no photo
Mon 09/23/19 12:31 PM
Would scare me to death to see a ghost!

no photo
Mon 09/23/19 12:29 PM

Wow. This thread is still going on?

Surprised me too!! I thought it was done yesterday. I learned the ladies' perspective and adjusted accordingly. Thanks to all for your time and helping me grow.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 07:17 PM
Off to the post, all of you have a great evening. :)

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 07:03 PM

Think I'll head down to the VFW, more familiar territory. Come on down, I'll buy ya a beer. drinks

Hahaha...

I made a feeble attempt to go to two different bars/ clubs last night...first time in *years*.
Both had bands...I originally had some hope...

Nah....
I stayed exactly 30 minutes in one, and 20 minutes in the other..because I observed everyone there was at least 15-20 years younger than me... huh

Can't go to the Elks, Moose, or (as far as *I* know) the VFW...unless you are a member...so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's what's funny Bluegrass... Looking at your page, I'm just about the definition of the guy you politely say no to, lol. But bet we'd laugh our butts off at the VFW. :) Don't worry, not gonna write, lol.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 06:57 PM

Bill ...If you use the "quote" button below any post you can reply directly to that post at anytime :-)

Well yeah, but there were several different folks and I wanted to answer all at once. Couldn't figure out a better way, lol

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 06:48 PM
Dang, got behind, lol. True Bluegrass, but I'm a member, you can all be my guests. smile2 Kinda long drive for ya'll though, dangit

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 05:59 PM
Okay mzrosie, thank you very much

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 05:57 PM

Yes, I realize there is a lot of spam mail, and that some of you may get tons of messages. But when someone has obviously spent some time to write you, (as opposed to just saying hi) some kind of response would be nice. Even a simple "no thank you" would be fine, if that's the case. Call me old fashioned, but just ignoring people is a bit rude.

Oh for Gods sake, do you realize how many guys, and yes it's always guys, who write in and whine about that every month? It's the internet. Get over it.

I made a statement, how is that whining? And no I don't know how many, I'm just one person, not a crowd. I'm trying to learn something that's new to me. So get over it yourself.

Calling women rude if they do not respond to you does come across as whiny. Sorry, I'm sure that's not you're intention but it sounds like sour grapes. I called it silly, because I did not wish to sound harsh. I realize you're new to this.

Don't just agree with the people who agree with you. Listen to those that don't necessarily have the same point of view. My advice is to get used to it and get over it.

I am listening, and that sounds like good advice. Think I'll head down to the VFW, more familiar territory. Come on down, I'll buy ya a beer. drinks

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 05:17 PM

Don't let those rude women put you off ohwell, remember you'll miss 100% of the shots you don't take..drinker smokin

drinker smile2

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 05:15 PM

Yes, I realize there is a lot of spam mail, and that some of you may get tons of messages. But when someone has obviously spent some time to write you, (as opposed to just saying hi) some kind of response would be nice. Even a simple "no thank you" would be fine, if that's the case. Call me old fashioned, but just ignoring people is a bit rude.

Oh for Gods sake, do you realize how many guys, and yes it's always guys, who write in and whine about that every month? It's the internet. Get over it.

I made a statement, how is that whining? And no I don't know how many, I'm just one person, not a crowd. I'm trying to learn something that's new to me. So get over it yourself.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 05:10 PM

Unfortunately A polite no is often followed up with further emails trying to persuade otherwise . Rejection can turn into abuse and insults .
Whether or not to respond becomes a matter of time management and sanity :wink: waving

Well, that's something I was unaware of and need to consider. I lost my wife of 34 years a few years ago, so this online searching is new to me. Ya'll are helping me learn the ropes.
sorry for your loss :heart: online dating can be a daunting environment but you learn pretty fast not to take online interactions to heart ...to focus on realistic expectations , to gravitate to genuine interested members ..to establish trust slowly and to keep your self safe . It is definitely a learning experience which can be entertaining or frustrating depending on your attitude . Enjoy the site bill waving

Thank you Blondey!

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 05:06 PM
laugh laugh Absolutely Bluegrass! Not even going to start on the female versions of those. I learned about mail filters real quickly. :)

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 04:54 PM

This has happened to me a few times on here. A guy writes to me. I read it and read his profile. I'm not interested, so I write back "I'm not interested, thanks." Some time goes by and he will write something like, "That's nice, so what are your hobbies?" What's with that?

Now that sounds like one of those copy/paste scripters. Didn't even read your reply, just pasted the next one in line, I guess. Even I got a couple of those, and I'm a noob, lol.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 04:51 PM

Unfortunately A polite no is often followed up with further emails trying to persuade otherwise . Rejection can turn into abuse and insults .
Whether or not to respond becomes a matter of time management and sanity :wink: waving

Well, that's something I was unaware of and need to consider. I lost my wife of 34 years a few years ago, so this online searching is new to me. Ya'll are helping me learn the ropes.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 04:46 PM
LOL, sure can't catinidaho. Thought you were going to say that had become a joke between the two of you, but apparently not. I take no as no, and am fine with that. All of us hear no a lot more than yes, I think.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 04:32 PM
That works for you Bandit, cool. Never said you had to agree with me.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 04:27 PM

Second, you also don't seem to know that most just copy & paste some BS message?
Haven't even read a profile, but say they do, then ask questions to which the answer is in my profile?

I'm well aware of the copy/paste a script crowd and made it clear I wasn't referring to junk mail like that. At least thought I did.
I admit, no, I wasn't aware that people get rude after getting a nice no. That's obviously their true colors coming out and is downright ugly. I'm not speaking for that crowd at all.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 04:11 PM
Edited by Unknow on Sun 09/22/19 04:15 PM
Thank you, I_love_bluegrass, couldn't have expressed it better.

no photo
Sun 09/22/19 04:08 PM

Soooo, if a woman is not in line with your preference that makes her rude?

I was raised that ignoring people who speak to you is rude. Perhaps the common opinion online is different, I haven't done this enough to know. I also haven't belittled your opinion in any way,you may notice. The whole point of beginning a discussion is to learn, and that's what I'm doing. Seeing what other people think and how it applies.

Previous 1