Community > Posts By > John8659

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 02:32 PM
Within the text of Scripture is something that is repeated a few times, that it is sealed to man's understanding.

I think that is one of the most important messages it has,

It is also written that some day those seals would be loosened.

The books is about judgment, and is sealed not by magic, but by using the principles of reasoning to test the reader.

If we are to learn judgment, I don't think there is any attempt to encourage anyone to find someone or something else to think, act, or live for them.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 11:50 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 11:54 AM

Did I do the morally right thing, the ethically right thing, by promising a prayer for the benefit of a religious person; and did I do the right thing by intentionally never saying the prayer.

The minds functions through the artifice, or if you prefer, tool, of language. It is not intentionally useful when dysfunctional, and functional when reason is a reflection of reality.

In short, it is a quest not only learning how to give your word, but how to keep it.

The answer should have been obvious.

If you become rational enough, you might see the wisdom of, You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

It was not a question of the power of prayer, as men understand it, but what prayer is as defined, whole body, whole mind whole soul.

It all starts with "words"

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 11:20 AM
Only if it is the really good stuff.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 10:55 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 11:15 AM
For a bit of philosophy, here I go again pissing people off with a dissertation on love.

The human mind is responsible for human will. It can only do that to the degree which it is functional. It is functional when it reasons using both branches of reasoning, logics and analogics.

The product then of the human mind must be expressed in terms of "will." not emotion--nor of what is called rationality--meaning for most simply empty words.

Love would then be all the things two people do together to maintain and promote their life.

We can not share emotion, but we can share our efforts to attain to common goals.

Most people use "emotion" to excuse their destruction of love, simply because they are clueless as to what love is. To them it is an emotion no one can share, as if that were important to anyone but themselves.

Others use the claim that they have this invisible emotion just to get laid--now that is pathetic.

What we do is what we say.

The function of the human mind was once hidden in a puzzle, what is the Name of the Beast 666.

It was and is a demonstration of the lack of rational ability of man--who could not reason enough to solve it.

It was promised that it's solution would come one day, so here it is, it is a double locked metaphor which can only be solved using principles of reason,

"To make our behavior so as to turn the past into the future and to bring the future to pass."

It is not only the standard for what our mind does, but for what two people do together when they really do know what love is.

Emotions come and go, unless one knows how to cultivate them. Attempting to hold someone else for one's own emotions is one of the most heartless and cruelest things a person can do to another. Emotions are personal, and no one but the self is responsible for moderating them.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 10:29 AM
Someone to close the hole in my soul that is so large it swallows all of creation.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 09:53 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 09:54 AM
There is a saying, You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Like Plato, I think anyone of sense can follow his argument, I believe that until man can reason, he has no will at all.

Doing what one pleases is not doing what one wills.

Or one can look at it a third way, as I have outlined the previous 2.

Every environmental acquisition system of a living organism must acquire something from the environment and with that abstraction make something that maintains and promotes the life of that organism. The human mind is among those sacred 7.

Like every system, functionality is determined in terms of its given product. Man does not yet reason. Or in scriptural terms, he does not yet know judgment.

So, you can use religion, philosophy, or science, or all three and realize, man does not have will at all.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 09:33 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 09:34 AM
Thank you. I love you too.

Anyway, I am a single parent of a 10 year old Jedi-Knight.

I don't like being on the net myself. I really have to get this work out, but while I am keeping track of uploads and downloads, I stop by here, and besides, I am off work til jan 3.

I really have no intentions at the moment of retiring from GM. I was the first to bring a pc to work, and now anyone can, not that much of a battle, but it was colorful at times.

I got this ATT DSL, and I am just finding out how much it sucks on upload speed. I have 6.6 gigs to upload and it looks like it may take a day or so!

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 08:18 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 08:19 AM
The mind is meant to construct human will, that is the first step. The second is how to add and subtract human will (society) to effect the same ends.

Right now, society is hardly more than a heap of people, perhaps one should work to make it more than a heap.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 08:06 AM

learning starts from earning, the more instant, easy , and entitled we become, the harder it will be for us to 'learn' much of anything,,,

Now you are on to something that is quite true.

Because the human mind is just learning to think, the way it has structured its environment is actually inhibiting it from progress.

Or more simply, civilization's greatest threat is itself.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 07:36 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 07:45 AM
Ever read a novel written in geometric figures and algebraic language? I actually wrote one, The Delian Quest.

I read fiction when a child. I am not a child anymore.

Secondly, I think an author should write in the media of his times. It has been a long time since a philosopher spray painted the outline of his hand on a cave wall.

Maybe those who watch tv way too much are only enjoying the media of their time, and it is up to philosophers to produce even if it is not viewed by the masses.

(since I cannot spell or count, I just freaking quit!)

I am preparing my latest work for IA upload now, it is for directed mediation. John 312. Both videos are over 2 and a half hours long. I will be uploading the segments also for anyone wanting to taylor their meditation experience. So, it is a huge upload.

Oh, and did you know that geometric names are generally only 2 letters long? Well within my grasp.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 07:27 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 07:30 AM

A fact is something that is true about a subject and can be tested or proven.
Look for clues such as: " 56% of...., or "The patient experienced..."

An opinion is what someone thinks about that subject.

Look for clues such as: "I believe...", "It's obvious...", or "They should..."

....scary to see how modern internet culture has made the ability to distinguish between the two such a rare skill,,,

What is even stranger is something I realized as a child, is that even paper trained people do not even know what the word "true" means. It is something that should be taught in every learning experience.

People that man often idolizes are those who seem to know the least about it.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 07:18 AM
As the mind has a job to do, and what we are is reflected by how well we can do our job,

I select, Plato, Euclid, Judeo-Christian Scripture.

I actually make and post audio books of various translations of Plato. A great deal of my time is in research and making videos of a new analogic I happen upon.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 04:52 AM

It SHOULD be the fun part.

But I have so many things to do, so many ideas, I often go off on tangents, all in the confines of the study, but I loose track of what I was doing where.

If I had any real talent, I might feel better.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 04:42 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 04:45 AM

Welcome to mingle.

Thank you.

You do realize, that the time I spend on the net makes me feel guilty and sad. I have so much to do, and so much to learn to do.

Last night I let the computer run, compiling the second movie of John 312. One can look at the movies as the most boring pieces of work in the history of man, or as meditation focal points. Well, no matter, it has to be done.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 04:07 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 04:12 AM

But getting back to the actual O.P.

My original post was to draw attention to the question I have been hearing over and over again by people of all walks of life.

Some assume the "big bang" is what started everything, and in assuming that premise, they assume that "time" exists; therefore they have to ask, "What, if anything, existed 'before' the big bang?"

The obvious answer to some would be "nothing." (But can "nothing" exist?)

And people constantly refer to the "big bang" as the beginning of "time" (as we know or understand it) blah blah blah....

So we have a paradox.

If the Big Bang was the beginning of everything including "time" then one must also believe that "before" the big bang, and "before time" that nothing existed. But how can nothing exist?

I say it can't. Therefore, the "Big Bang" is still happening and that there is no beginning and no end to that which exists.

The strange thing about you, is you're really showing vital signs of real constructive thought. You, unlike these posters of non-sense theories, reject paradox. To them, it is invisible-or to be accepted. On some level, you realize it is a fault of language use, a fault in concept.

You are on the right tract. I was defending you, to a point.

However, things change all the time. One element, material difference will always be different and can never be the same. The other element, form, is a boundary. Imagine it this way, reality is like a fluid, we never did leave the oceans.

John8659's photo
Fri 12/23/11 03:32 AM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 12/23/11 03:51 AM

For what it's worth, John, I've been following your explanation, and understanding is only just beginning to dawn in me. You're talking about a different mode of thinking than we are used to. I would have to think on it more just to gain a better understanding.

Even so, it's an interesting concept. A manner of simplifying - or distilling - words and concepts into something easily convertible to mathematics. Basically, two variables which can be broken down into sub-variables.

Almost sounds a bit like Asimov's psycho-history...

Founation, have not given that a thought for a long time. I read sci fie when a child till I could see a hole in man's imagination, then I lost interest.

Anyway, Every logic, grammar, reasoning system is based on the same concept. It is why Plato said that Philosophy was over all the sciences, and that discipline of a philosopher is dialectic.

We use language to reason with. When the principles of language are understood, it becomes clear that they are crafting systems and they follow exacting principles. Today they teach Cartesian Geometry because Descartes was trying to figure out how to write a figure up with equations. It came naturally to me, I don't use Cartesian Geometry, I write the figures up straightforward into algebra. But by doing this we learn, as Plato said, how names can and cannot be used. The same principles are for common grammar.

At present, we use language very poorly. We are habituated to it. What a few people who could see these ideas realized is that since the mind functions linguistically, the only path to improving mankind is to improving his ability to think. Now that is a very dangerous thing as many found out.

There really is a solid foundation for all of human behavior, a real right and wrong.

Most importantly, since our behavior is a function of the mind, and the mind is striving to function using principles of language, the better we think, the less of our life we waste.

In an old metaphor, the mark on the forehead and hands, the better we think, the better we can do. The real psycho-history, or history of man's mind, is Scripture. It is how it is sealed to man's understanding. No decoder right ideas, or magic, just simple principles of language man does not yet use. He may say them, but he does not use them. As far as scripture goes, one man will see religion, or heresy, another will see a psychological method.

John8659's photo
Thu 12/22/11 06:11 PM
Edited by John8659 on Thu 12/22/11 06:16 PM
I have not spent my life in learning, and in doing things even I thought not possible is for nothing do you?

I work a great deal on these ideas, and you should not expect me to educate anyone on them in a moment.

I do make the free audio books, ebooks, videos, to log my progress and to share the ideas.

The Two-Element metaphysics, mirrored by one's biology, and even the definition of a thing, was started by some early Greeks, but lost in history. So, I took what I could find, and am trying to wrap my brain around it.

John8659's photo
Thu 12/22/11 06:05 PM
Like I said, I am not using traditional grammar concepts.

However, if we go back in time, there were things perceptible, and things intelligible.

One can call one nouns and the other verbs, but they are still subjects.

John8659's photo
Thu 12/22/11 06:00 PM
Element.

See Aristotle's Metaphysics.

He tries to explain the two distinct ways to understand "element."

Normal people see an element as a small thing, or the smallest thing, and they end up defining things in terms of things.

However the other way is to do what your body does. Some environmental acquisition systems abstract material, and discard form, like eating. We take the material, but do not become the carrot we ate.

Some abstract form, and disregard the material, like the ocular system, what we see does not end up in our head.

Neither of these are things.

One can say, every thing came from these two not things, or nothings.

John8659's photo
Thu 12/22/11 05:57 PM

>>>Tom is happy. <<<

So are you saying that "is" means "equals."

Since "happy" does not describe what Tom is (He is a man) then what does it decribe? How he feels perhaps?

So would the correct sentence be: Tom feels happy.

Yes, we are equation two fundamentally distinct naming conventions in common grammar. Thus, one can see that truth in common grammar should be simple enough, but people are not taught to think that way, yet.

And, we have to first understand units of predication, and synonyms before we start adding them together to make this long sentences we have become habituated to.

1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 14