Community > Posts By > John8659

John8659's photo
Sat 01/07/12 05:57 AM
Funny you should mention work.

This is true irony. I am at work, however, managment forgot to tell me to stay home as they changed their mind and my machine is not going to run today.

So, I am easily amusing myself between here and correcting a grammar book scan.

John8659's photo
Sat 01/07/12 05:51 AM

Says the bloke that can't spell losing .. Surely you see the irony ??

Haha you will not win

Spelling is easily correctable. I guess you have never read some of the greatest authors in history, they could not spell either.

Let me know when you get to the bottom of the hill.

John8659's photo
Sat 01/07/12 05:40 AM
Edited by John8659 on Sat 01/07/12 05:49 AM

IM BORED AS MAN ,I NEED FUN HEHE!!

There are very few words spoken that I am afraid of. These however terrify me. Just the thought of the source being within a hundred mile radius of me, makes me want to find a shelter.

Ohhh you're near Sydney ?? I find it strange the old men's home lets you on a PCso late.. Even stranger you call the home a shelter .
Seriously man !! Dont be a dirty old perve . Its not a good look

You must think you are in an IQ test with the OP. You are losing badly.

John8659's photo
Sat 01/07/12 05:21 AM
Edited by John8659 on Sat 01/07/12 05:22 AM

IM BORED AS MAN ,I NEED FUN HEHE!!

There are very few words spoken that I am afraid of. These however terrify me. Just the thought of the source being within a hundred mile radius of me, makes me want to find a shelter.

John8659's photo
Sat 01/07/12 05:18 AM

what to do...what to do... GRRRRRRR frown

Well, if you have nothing to do, you could always critique some of the crap I put online,

Look at the bright side, it generally puts one to sleep in less than 6 min.

John8659's photo
Sat 01/07/12 05:12 AM
Edited by John8659 on Sat 01/07/12 05:13 AM
how at this time of the morning, it is great to be me, having all these fine ladies trying to im me, if only they could write English well enough to pass as an American, the fantasy would be complete.

John8659's photo
Sat 01/07/12 04:06 AM
Edited by John8659 on Sat 01/07/12 04:55 AM
Wow, I guess when you have led someone to the bottom of a hill, you have to tell them where they are at also.

The first step in both empathy and concern is not being only disturbed at the actions of someone else, but seeing the same conditions in the self--realizing that no one can live for someone else, but that we are all responsible for changing ourselves.

To be really disturbed about the actions of our fellow men, is to be disturbed about ourselves and then to dedicate one's life to improving that which is responsible for those actions, the human mind.

To what purpose does one deride their fellow man for their madness, when they, themselves are quite content to be the Hatter.

We talk about what pleases us, our fun, our pleasure, and condemn as boring the work of improving our own psychology. How rude it is to argue, when it is the only way to work the mind.

Give me a freaking break.

What good is empathy, anger, love, hate, if you waste that emotion by not putting it to work.

And when you have nothing left in life to offer someone but that work, you call them . . . . . anything but right.

Reasoning is the method by which emotion reaches its full potential for human good. Instead of being able to understand that, you make your rediculas distinctions between heart and head, as if they were in some kind of war. When the truth is, people have never hated enough, never loved enough, never cared enough, for the simple self sacrifice and humility for the sake of a friend--their very own body by developing themselves as mind to put that body to good use. Instead you paint it up, decorate( hell I cannot even spell it) it like a xass tree soon to tossed in the garbage. Spend tons of money on how you look and begrudge a dime for how you are.

The state of reasoning has fallen to such low levels as to create Einstein's for hero's--someone who could not even reason his way out of a paper bag. A world where slogans have become gods and a book on reason an insult.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 07:26 PM

Telling someone they are wrong is not the same as teaching them to be right.

Indeed.

I am going to wake up my boy and have him find my glasses.

I bet, he'll find them on your head.

Perhaps so, but where will he find my head? That may be a very dark question.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 07:22 PM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 01/06/12 07:24 PM

Over 2400 years ago, it was realized that people do wrong unwillingly.

The proof is in Gorgias.

One can no more ask someone incapable of reasoning to be reasonable, as one can ask a lame man to walk.

Or in the words of a wise man, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

"Telling someone they are wrong is not the same as teaching them to be right"

not sure if u are addressing me & I do like your post - as a point of clarification tho -

^ I was not attempting to teach - it is not my responsibility or intent nor would I presume to teach the OP anything

I was simply giving the opinion requested in the OP - I will leave it to others to teach

Oh, this is not directed at anyone, I am thinking out loud, as I have a job to do. Working ideas in my mind helps me discover the wrinkles. Once I learn to think, perhaps I can share some insights.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 07:18 PM

Indeed.

I am going to wake up my boy and have him find my glasses.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 07:13 PM
Over 2400 years ago, it was realized that people do wrong unwillingly.

The proof is in Gorgias.

One can no more ask someone incapable of reasoning to be reasonable, as one can ask a lame man to walk.

Or in the words of a wise man, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 06:55 PM
Edited by John8659 on Fri 01/06/12 06:57 PM
Let us make it simple.

Does A = A?

Then does Man = man?

Or how do you think a shared responsibility for this world happens? By some form of esoteric bs?

You cannot have a universe of social discourse, while denying the unit individual.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 06:46 PM
Like recurring dreams.

Dreams are a language.

If you have not understood the dream, and responded to it appropriately, it recurs, until one has learned the lesson.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 06:43 PM

You miss the point.

We live in a world culture were every one enforces the idea, that we live for God, for Country, for this, or for that, and then, when they do something just as stupid, you say, you are suppose to be living for yourself.

Disclaimer - Blaming the World and/or modern society for your problems is not only completely irrational, but somewhat disturbing.

... indifferent

I thought I was slow.

You are taught, from childhood not to take responsibility for your actions, and in fact, never taught what you are.

I am that, and I live for that.

Society molds psychology. If you want to change psychology, teach people what they are and how to do their job as mind.

otherwise, you display one thing, and say another.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 06:37 PM
The only time I keep such things in my head is at work, I have to wear ear plugs all day long because of the noise. So, at those times, I am very close minded.

Things one should keep in mind seem to fall out, things of no value are like pooh dooh and just stick on.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 06:32 PM
You miss the point.

We live in a world culture were every one enforces the idea, that we live for God, for Country, for this, or for that, and then, when they do something just as stupid, you say, you are suppose to be living for yourself.

Take me, for example, watch this,

http://www.archive.org/details/ConfessionsOfContempt

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 06:18 PM

But... you can't really blame other people for your actions because you're the only one in charge of those, no?

Exactly what planet do you live on? Are laws written teaching people to be responsible for their own actions.

Is anyone taught in school that the definition of a thing determines what may or may not be predicated of it?

Or even, like this very website, that lays down rules, as if they have authority to control information about yourself?

I think we have a case of the pot calling the kettle black here.

:thumbsup:

Oh, don't do that, if I ever find my glasses I will start stalking you.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 06:11 PM
Do I hear a second?

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 06:08 PM
When I grow up, I want to live in a world just like this.

John8659's photo
Fri 01/06/12 05:45 PM

But... you can't really blame other people for your actions because you're the only one in charge of those, no?

Exactly what planet do you live on? Are laws written teaching people to be responsible for their own actions.

Is anyone taught in school that the definition of a thing determines what may or may not be predicated of it?

Or even, like this very website, that lays down rules, as if they have authority to control information about yourself?

I think we have a case of the pot calling the kettle black here.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15