Community > Posts By > BlitheBird

BlitheBird's photo
Fri 02/01/08 12:39 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering how people here found out about the site. I did a Google using the search terms "social networking + dating" or "dating + Los Angeles." It was probably the latter.

If you do a search using "free dating sites," Google generates sites that are not really free (free subscription until you decide you want to use the communication features on the site!!!) and a review of sites that doesn't include this one.

I'm really curious about this. I'm a researcher, so it goes with the territory. I do want to hear how other people on this site found out about it - Internet search, word of mouth, plain, dumb luck??? Feel free to visit my profile and drop me a detailed line or you could just reply to this post.

On another note, since this is a forum for newbies, Justsayhi.com is really a wonderful place for finding people. You'll make plenty of friends and you will definitely meet that special person. I did!happy

BlitheBird's photo
Wed 12/19/07 09:39 PM
Thanks everybody. I am planning to take someone with me to the dealer, if I do go to one. But it's good to have some idea of what to look for because people give you advice based on factors that might be important to them. A friend has been suggesting German cars, and I have several others that swear by Japanese cars. I'm a new driver (got my license yesterday, literally!!!), so figure Honda Civic might be a good car for me.

Anyway, if anyone else has more to offer, please do so.

And, have a great holiday everybody!

BlitheBird's photo
Wed 12/19/07 08:44 PM
I couldn't find a community for this post, so am posting it here. I'm looking to buy a used Honda Civic Lx, and have two questions: (a) is it better to buy from a private party or a dealer, and if the latter, can anyone recommend a good dealer in Los Angeles? (b) what should one check for to ensure the car is in good condition? I'd appreciate a fairly detailed response for the second question. For instance, I know you need to check for mileage, but don't know what's considered good mileage.

Thanks.

BlitheBird's photo
Sun 12/16/07 10:05 AM
You know, that really is very good advice. Thanks.

BlitheBird's photo
Sat 12/15/07 09:52 PM
Great joke!

BlitheBird's photo
Sat 12/15/07 09:51 PM
I joined this site a couple of days back. The combination of social networking and dating was a concept that intrigued me. And I think it's great that this site allows people to communicate each other without having a paid subscription.

Anyway, I'm also new to this, so am wondering how other people use this site.