no photo
Wed 02/15/12 04:28 AM
Going strictly by the "rock" genre, I will go with:

1) David Gilmour

2) Stevie Ray Vaughan

3) Jeff Beck

no photo
Wed 02/15/12 04:22 AM
My all-time favorite song would be 'Requiem' by Mozart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHbgt3e-TC8

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 11:42 PM
Anyone watching this kid? It is one of the best stories in the NBA this season. He is the first American NBA player of Chinese descent and has quickly caught the sports world's attention by storm.

Jeremy Lin scored 109 points in his first four starts, the most by any player since the NBA merger in the mid-seventies.

His story is remarkable considering he received no scholarships to college and went undrafted in the NBA.

I recall seeing him in a couple games when he played for Harvard and remember thinking this kid was special.

Here is a great highlight video of him. He reminds me a lot of John Stockton with his shooting, passing and extraordinary vision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4elBxy2saeU

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 11:26 PM
A few of my favorites are William Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Isaac Asimov, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Leo Tolstoy, John Steinbeck, Mark Twain, Alexandre Dumas, F. Scott Fitzgerald, William Faulkner, Virginia Woolf, Orson Scott Card and so many others.

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 11:17 PM
Being a film buff, this is an extremely difficult question to answer.

However, 'Asphalt Jungle' is the usual response to this age-old question.

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 10:59 PM
For all of you book lovers out there, I want to recommend one that came out last year and have already read it twice. '11/22/63' by Stephen King. Absolutely brilliant and captivating.

This is King's latest work. It is about a teacher who is told by a dying friend about a portal that takes you back to the same moment in time, 1958, each time you enter.

The friend tells him of his plan to go back in time and live there until 1963 and attempt to stop the assassination of JFK, but due to his health, cannot. The teacher decides to fulfill his wish and complete his plan.

King actually had the idea for this early in his career back in the seventies, but put it off because of the amount of research it would require, as well as not feeling he was quite good enough a writer at the time to pull it off.

Even if you are not a fan of King, I recommend this. Easily one of his five best novels.

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 10:50 PM
When I was a child, I was fascinated and mesmerized by the Foundation, Robot and Empire series by Isaac Asimov. It was my first taste of hard science fiction and loved every second of it. Immediately hooked.

Those books are what made me become an avid reader of all genres.

no photo
Tue 02/14/12 10:25 PM
Edited by Comet48 on Tue 02/14/12 10:43 PM
Greetings, ladies and gentlemen. A lovely and pulchritudinous lady from across the pond over in Britain suggested this place, so I decided to give it the old college try.

I am sixty-three years old, mostly Greek and was born and raised in a small town in northwestern Iowa. I have lived all over the U.S. but currently reside in Cocoa Beach, Florida. I attended college for twelve years, was married for almost forty-one years, and have five beautiful children and fifteen grandchildren.

My passion is astronomy, astrophysics and science in general. Some of my other loves and hobbies are music (classical, jazz, blues, classic rock, oldies, Motown, etc...), films (all varieties, though my all-time favorite genre is classic film noirs), sports, politics, reading, literature, fishing and spending time with my family.

I am not looking for love or a romantic relationship. Just interested in meeting some friendly people online.

Thank you for your time and look forward to meeting each and every one of you.

Until we meet again.