Community > Posts By > ConstantMotion

ConstantMotion's photo
Tue 01/22/08 04:35 PM
Edited by ConstantMotion on Tue 01/22/08 04:37 PM
I have done that with my daughter. she use to have bad upper respitory infections and ear infections

Araka

ConstantMotion's photo
Mon 01/21/08 04:43 PM
Hi,
It sounds like your son might have gotten stuck with what I still have at almost 34. Asthma due to broncholitis and pneumonia. I was 10 win it happen to me. I had along stay in the hopital. Afterwards I had it for about 6 years. Then it went to seasonal and I had bad allergies. Then when I had my daughter it started back up again. You need to get him tested. He can grown out of it but it is miserable and can be dangerous. Some tips if you take him outdoors and bring him back inside he needs to adjust to tempature change. Cover his mouth with a scarf. Also look in your area sometimes they have special studies on allergies and asthma. You can get free treatment possibly and get paid for the study. I would definetly take him back to his doctor and tell him you want him tested for allergies and asthma, and also check food allergies. These things run hand and hand. They can test for allergic reactions. Both my daughter and myself where tested for grass, trees, cats, dogs, dust mites, pollen.
Best of luck

Araka

ConstantMotion's photo
Tue 01/15/08 09:08 PM
Going to school with children and working fulltime is a hard thing. I have been doing it for 3 1/2 years. I finish in June. The important thing is to pick what you want to do and explore all the possible spinoff careers you can have with the major you choose. Remember this decision will better you and your children's life so choose wisely. It can be done. Just make sure you utilize of things at your disposle. I actually just talked a friend of mine in to going back to school. I was not selling school to him, I just simply asked what do you want and do you have the necessary skills to get it. If you do have the skills then make a plan and go for it. If you don't have the skills then get them by going back to school. In addition to finishing up my Bachelors degree I am acting as a guide for him. He has not been in school for ten years. It is an adjustment.

Araka

ConstantMotion's photo
Mon 01/14/08 07:33 PM
You might want to have oyur child checked for asthma. Also this is a baby we are talking about. I don't there is anything wrong with rocking a baby to sleep. I use to sing to my princess when she was a baby. The love hearing your voice. It is comfort to them. She sleeps on her own but sometimes she still needs me just ot be there hold her hand. The cold and not being able to breathe was probably really frightening to your baby. The baby needs comfort.

ConstantMotion's photo
Mon 01/14/08 07:24 PM
Little kids are no different from adults when it comes to punishement. I don't think there is anything wrong with a pop or a swat but I find my daughter gets more upset and is less likely to do something if she has to hear my mouth, the silent treatment works too, and the worse this had my daughter in tears begging me not to do it ,the dreaded writing assignment. Why did you do what you did in 200 words. It is worse then popping her, or extra homework assigned by mommy. She actually once said can't you just spank me. Spanking does nothing for her. I want her to think about what she did, the thought process behind it. Even if she does something wrong, I want to know what she is thinking. Her survival in this world depends on her ability to think for herself and have good judgement. I can teach her and guide her but in the end I won't always be there to tell her what to do or how to act. That is why thought is important.

Just my thoughts

Araka

ConstantMotion's photo
Sun 01/13/08 09:15 PM
I am a single mother of one. She is eight years old. I split with her father four years ago. I split with him knowing that I tried everything to make the relationship work. Talking, counseling, compromsing, nothing worked. So I turned thirty and gave him the boot. My child was four and confused. The same year I decided to go back to college. Now even though I wanted to go I felt it was of utmost importance to discuss all of this with my four year old. I sat her down and told her about her father first in language she could understand. She asked will we get back together I told her the truth , NO I do not love your father anymore we are to different. Told her that we both love her though. I also told her that I would never keep her away from him. On the subject of school. I talked to her about it. I told her what I was thinking of doing, how it would affect her, and how it would better our lives. I listened to her concerns and then made my decision. She makes no decisions in my house but she is always a voice and consideration. I am now faced with a situation where there are better job offers in other states. Now it is true that I want to give her every thing possible but I made up my mind that I have to find a compromise. She is an only grandchild on his side and his only child. I do not love him but I would never want him to be hurt or my child either. I worry because if I stick to my guns we will have less but becuase I stick to my guns she will have more emotionally because she has her mother who loves, respects, and is toltally honest with her, her daddy and her grandparents. Just like to get other parents thoughts

Araka

ConstantMotion's photo
Sun 01/13/08 08:49 PM
You can only hope you did the best that you can to raise your children. What she is doing to you is not very nice. You need to get help for yourself. You should re-explain to her that hse is not taking care of you and if she can't understand then you need to get someone else. Trust me she will get over it. She might not talk to you for awhile but eventually they come back.
Hang in there

ConstantMotion's photo
Fri 01/11/08 01:17 PM
It is refreshing to see a person so young trying to better themselves. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I am single mother of one. She is eight years old. I went back to get a degree when she was 5 years old after I turned thirty and took stock of my life. I was in a very unhealthy relationship with my daughter's father. It was not easy for but I split with him and went back to school. My daughter's father hated me for quite sometime but in court I explained to him "you and me don't count anymore, this is not about us , it is about kayla, and she needs both her parent, we don't have to like each other but we do have to respect each other, the problem between you and I is over we split up, it is now all about our child". I had the courts stipulate that his visitation and his mother's grandparents right was during my college time. Two years later when I got my associates I got a card in my mail box from my daugher's father saying that he was proud of me and that he was sorry he gave me a hard time. In June I will be done with school. You can do it too. If you ever need to talk feel free to email me. Been there ,done that, about to finish.
Araka