Community > Posts By > Charles1962150

no photo
Wed 05/22/19 02:15 PM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Wed 05/22/19 02:26 PM
New York puts Democrats a step closer to Trump tax returns

"ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York lawmakers gave final passage to legislation Wednesday that would allow President Donald Trump’s state tax returns to be released to congressional committees that have, so far, been barred from getting the president’s federal filings.

The Democrat-led Senate and Assembly both approved the measures Wednesday, sending them to Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat. A spokesman has said the governor supports the principle behind the legislation but will review the bill carefully before deciding whether to sign it"

http://www.apnews.com/29620928fa854ae8ad75e4b07b2f2f95

Judge refuses to block Trump bank subpoenas

"NEW YORK (AP) — A federal judge in New York refused Wednesday to block congressional subpoenas seeking financial records from two banks that did business with President Donald Trump.

U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos said in a ruling delivered from the bench that Trump and his company were unlikely to succeed in a lawsuit arguing that the subpoenas seeking records from Deutsche Bank and Capital One were unlawful and unconstitutional".

http://apnews.com/8e58e7368b0e4e39822a108f199d0176

Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records

"WASHINGTON (AP) — A federal judge ruled against President Donald Trump on Monday in a financial records dispute with Congress and said lawmakers should get the documents they have subpoenaed. Trump called it a “crazy” decision that his lawyers would appeal".

http://apnews.com/49d1caabd0124ef1b874eec67302c55d

This sounds like pure desperation from Trump. The Democrats are starting to smell blood. Trump blood. And he knows it. They are nipping at his heels. Sooner than later all these people that Trump has ordered not to answer the subpoenas, will have too if they want to stay out of jail themselves. They will start singing. Just like Cohen did. And when they do Trump is going to find himself in really deep trouble. I know within reason they already have him on obstruction. He's hasn't even offered to try to hide that.

Trump to Democrats: No deals on infrastructure, drug prices until they drop investigations

"WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump informed Democratic leaders Wednesday that he wouldn't work with them on shared priorities such as infrastructure and bringing down the cost of prescription drugs unless they abandoned investigations into his presidency.

In an unusual and unexpected appearance in the Rose Garden, Trump said he told House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer at a White House meetingthat it would be impossible to go forward on discussions while "phony" congressional investigations hang over his administration".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/22/trump-wants-mexico-canada-trade-deal-approved-before-infrastructure/3744090002/

Pelosi says Trump's 'cover-up' could be 'an impeachable offense'

"WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi accused President Donald Trump of "a cover-up" moments before he broke off infrastructure talks and held an impromptu Rose Garden press conference to attack ongoing investigations involving him.

"We do believe it’s important to follow the facts, we believe that no one is above the law, including the President of the United States, and we believe that the President of the United States is engaged in a cover-up," Pelosi said following a meeting with House Democrats on Wednesday to discuss their investigations of the president.

The president later addressed the speaker's missive, saying, "I don't do cover-ups".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/22/democrats-pelosi-meet-impeachment-trump/3752337002/

TRUMP’S RUSSIA COVER-UP BY THE NUMBERS – 251 CONTACTS WITH RUSSIA-LINKED OPERATIVES

"On April 18, 2019, a redacted copy of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s “Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election” (Mueller Report) was released to the public. The Mueller report builds on the U.S. intelligence community’s conclusion that there were two campaigns to elect Donald Trump— one run by Trump and one run by the Russian government. The Mueller report clearly identified collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, despite repeated denials from Trump and many of his senior advisers and close associates that there were any connections between the two campaigns".

http://themoscowproject.org/explainers/trumps-russia-cover-up-by-the-numbers-70-contacts-with-russia-linked-operatives/

no photo
Wed 05/22/19 02:17 AM
More House Dems come out for impeachment as McGahn defies subpoena

"The drumbeat among Democrats to begin impeachment proceedings against President Trump got a little louder on Tuesday, when former White House counsel Donald McGahn failed to appear before the House Judiciary Committee after Trump instructed him to defy a subpoena".

[ur]http://www.yahoo.com/news/mc-gahn-defies-subpoena-as-house-dems-weigh-trumps-impeachment-152816742.html

no photo
Wed 05/22/19 12:01 AM
Trump Organization appeals ruling giving Democrats access to Trump's financial records from former accounting firm

"Lawyers for the Trump Organization on Tuesday appealed a federal judge's ruling in favor of House Democrats in their efforts to obtain President Donald Trump’s financial records, marking the first legal victory for Democrats as the Trump administration stonewalls their attempts at congressional oversight".

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/judge-rules-favor-house-democrats-efforts-obtain-trumps/story?id=63159382

no photo
Tue 05/21/19 11:59 PM
North Korea is insulting Biden using Trump's terms such as 'low IQ' individual

"North Korea issued a list of criticisms against former Vice President Joe Biden, calling the presidential candidate "a low IQ idiot" and saying his "candidacy should not carry high expectations".

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/north-korea-insulting-biden-trumps-terms-low-iq/story?id=63185154

no photo
Tue 05/21/19 11:47 PM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Tue 05/21/19 11:53 PM
AG Barr says nationwide rulings are hampering Trump's agenda

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General William Barr is taking on another item from President Donald Trump's agenda, railing against judges who issue rulings blocking nationwide policies".

http://www.apnews.com/c6d81b8948c14493a32d7517988f2f32

Seems to me they are doing their jobs. Going by the constitution. Barr is supposed to be the United States Attorney General, not Trump's Attorney and political representative. How can people that aren't Trump supporters trust that Barr will work on their behalf?

HISTORY: Richard Nixon’s Attorney General, John Mitchell, was convicted and went to prison for perjury, conspiracy, and obstruction of justice for his participation in the Watergate Scandal.

I get that Trump and his supporters think he should be able to govern by edict, but that is not how this country was designed. If you have a problem with the judiciary, then you have a problem with the Constitution. And if Trump wants to get things actually accomplished, he needs to find compromises which will get the policies through the courts. He complained that Obama coming from the left was not making deals. I have yet to see Trump doing any better coming from the right.

Latest migrant child death raises questions about U.S. detention practices

"Carlos Gregorio Hernandez Vasquez, a 16-year-old Guatemalan boy who died in U.S. custody in South Texas Monday, had been detained by border officials for twice as long as U.S. law allows, according to a timeline provided to reporters by a Customs and Border Protection official".

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-migrant-child-death-raises-questions-about-us-detention-practices-205712982.html

House Democrats pushing back on DOJ offer for limited Mueller testimony

"Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee are pushing back on terms offered by Justice Department officials for special counsel Robert Mueller's testimony, objecting to a proposal for him to give a public opening statement before answering questions behind closed doors, according to multiple sources familiar with the negotiations".

"The ongoing back-and-forth over the special counsel's highly anticipated appearance to discuss the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and any efforts to obstruct the probe continues as Democrats battle with the administration over access to documents and witness testimony. A Justice Department official said Mueller's team is "directly negotiating with the Hill".

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-democrats-pushing-back-doj-offer-limited-mueller/story?id=63175508

Under mounting pressure from House Democrats, Pelosi to hold closed-door impeachment meeting

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, facing a revolt from members of her caucus, has been compelled to hold a closed-door meeting Wednesday morning to deal with new pressure to go forward with an impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump".

"Despite a growing number of Democrats tired of delay and calling for action, Pelosi on Tuesday continued to try to deflect the reality that her caucus is beginning to shift toward impeachment, telling ABC News, "No," when asked if she was under increased pressure to impeach Trump.

"We don't have division," she told reporters".

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mounting-pressure-pelosi-hold-emergency-impeachment-meeting-wednesday/story?id=63178175

no photo
Tue 05/21/19 02:49 PM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Tue 05/21/19 03:11 PM
House Democrats Subpoena Hope Hicks In Trump Obstruction Probe

"House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) has subpoenaed former Trump aide Hope Hicks and the chief of staff to former White House counsel Don McGahn as part of his investigation into potential obstruction of justice by President Donald Trump.
The subpoena instructs Hicks to produce documents by June 4 and testify at a hearing on June 19".

http://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/hope-hicks-subpoena-trump-nadler-200241019.html

Trump turns on Fox News and says new attorney general will look at locking up Democrats in wild rally speech

"Donald Trump turned his fire on Fox News, threatened to have his attorney general investigate Democrats and FBI for treason and joked about serving five terms as president during a typically rambling rally speech in Pennsylvania.

The president was in the northeastern state to campaign for Republican congressional candidate Fred Keller, ahead of a special election on Tuesday".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-fox-news-pennsylvania-rally-speech-democrats-fbi-barr-treason-a8922976.html

This and stuff like it, is turning off young voters. Wild, rambling speeches. Wild unfounded threats against his own people. It makes him look like he is off in the head. Many voters are tired of this. They see Trump, with what looks like him getting away with obstruction, but still trying to point an unfounded finger at the Democrats. Deflection from his own wrongdoing.

no photo
Tue 05/21/19 02:06 PM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Tue 05/21/19 02:08 PM

What about all the democrats who aren't politicians? Why would they only be concerned with how others might vote?

I am a democrat. I care about being HUMANE. And if I KNEW that every 'illegal' planned to vote republican, it wouldn't change the way I feel about that issue.

Mrs. H, I'm sure you already know this. But Republicans are becoming fewer and fewer by the year. They don't want to identify themselves as Republicans anymore. Many would rather identify as independent. I've heard several different people talk about this. My own son, he's 22.

He doesn't like the way the Republican party has become. He says that too many people are sliding too far right. They've slid so far to the right that they sound crazy. Believe crazy things. As for him, he doesn't want to be identified as being part of that group. But, at the same time, he doesn't want to be called a Democrat either.

He said that many of his age wanted things to be in the middle. He said that to him the only thing left that hadn't gone off its rocker was Independent.

But, on the other side of that, there are the diehard Republicans. The diehard Republicans complain about these immigrants. They don't want to help the immigrants at all. And they get pissed off because the Democrats will. They try to say that the Democrats are doing nothing but trying to score browny points with these people so they will eventually be voting for Democrats.

When that's not true. The truth, the Democrats, through all there failures and shortcomings, at least they haven't slid so far that they have forgotten there humanity. That's one thing that is turning young people away from the Republican party. Too many are just hateful. Too many believe outlandish tails with nothing to back it up. The Republican party just isn't what it used to be.

Just my personal thought. The Republican party took it's biggest tumble when Obama took office. That's when I noticed the first big change. They fought Obama tooth and nail on everything. They became the party of "NO" and obstructionism. And it's been downhill ever since. Then Trump came along and finished dragging the Republican party down into the sewer. Now, under Trump, to many Republicans are flirting with dictator/autocracy. And I don't even think they realize it.

People are defecting from the GOP. But not to the Democrats

"Fewer people say they consider themselves Republicans, according to recent polling. But they're not becoming Democrats instead.

That's the conclusion of an analysis of Gallup data by Marquette Law professor and pollster Charles Franklin. He found that while there is a slight increase in Democratic Party support among Americans, more Americans are just becoming pure independents".

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/politics/fewer-republicans-more-independents-no-parties/index.html

Trump owns a shrinking Republican party

http://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/06/14/trump-owns-a-shrinking-republican-party/

The fringes of both parties are way too far from the main stream. You have many democrats way to the left and many republicans to the right. This is probably the reason very little gets accomplished in DC. Personally, I believe Trump is much more centrist than democrats give him credit for. Politically, he has been pushed to the right if he is to maintain any political support over the democrats character assignation of him.

One of the underlying factors in any political discussion is the prevailing attitudes between conservatives and progressives toward social/welfare programs. Democrats are much more willing to provide handouts to the failures in society while republicans believe in providing everyone an opportunity to be the best they can. If you, as an individual, are not willing to take advantage of your opportunities, that is not my problem to fix. It is obvious to see this in any of the campaign rhetoric from the democratic candidates.

This is one of the things my oldest son talks about. What Republicans are left keep saying the same thing. "Democrats keep on with there character assignation of Trump". When it's just not true. Trump is doing it to himself. Trump is own worst enemy. Either out of his own mouth. Or, in something he does. The Democrats do not have to say one word. Trump does it all. Like ordering people to defy subpoenas. Obstruction of justice. Just that little is a character killer right there. But, there is so much more.

As I've said before. I have 3 immigrants that work for me. They worked for me the first go around for about 8 years. I reopened my shop about a year ago. I got in touch with them to see if they would like to come back to work for me. They had all moved on to other shops but one. I didn't even have to worry about it.

He got me two more and trained them. I didn't even have to ask. These people, not one that I've ever met had a bad work ethic. These people are not one lick afraid of work. And if you are willing to train, they are willing to learn. I haven't seen this kind of devotion to the job from Americans in years. And it's getting worse. Americans are getting to the place to where all they want to do is sit on there azz and punch keys all day.

If it's something of art like autobody is. An art that requires the use of there hands, more than punching keys, they don't want to do it. They might sweat or get a little dusty. They don't want to do that. These people will. None of these people that I've met, and I've known a lot of them, none of them want a handout. They want a hand up. Show them how to get started here in this great land.

You give them a hand up and show them how to get started. They will go to work. And it matters very little if at all what the work is. I haven't met one yet that isn't willing to work. These people are like the way the American worker used to be. You tell them what you want to be done, they ask no questions. They get it done. And done right.

I hate to say it, but it's the truth. Too many American workers are fat and lazy and walk around like they are entitled. They don't want to put the work in. These immigrants do. And most will. And they don't feel entitled. They feel blessed. Because they have a job and they can sleep at night and not wake up to someone trying to kill his family. I have not met one yet that isn't willing to go through the process of becoming legal.

One guy wasn't legal. I wouldn't hire him until he started the process. He got it started and a month later he was working for me. More than willing to prove himself willing to be legal.More than willing to pay his share of taxes. I'll never forget it. He was actually proud of his first pay stub showing where he had started being a real American citizen. And paying his part. He was proud.

House Democrats pushing back on DOJ offer for limited Mueller testimony

"Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee are pushing back on terms offered by Justice Department officials for special counsel Robert Mueller's testimony, objecting to a proposal for him to give a public opening statement before answering questions behind closed doors, according to multiple sources familiar with the negotiations".

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-democrats-pushing-back-doj-offer-limited-mueller/story?id=63175508

no photo
Tue 05/21/19 11:03 AM
More House Dems come out for impeachment as McGahn defies subpoena

"The drumbeat among Democrats to begin impeachment proceedings against President Trump got a little louder on Tuesday when former White House counsel Donald McGahn failed to appear before the House Judiciary Committee after Trump instructed him to defy a subpoena.

“Our subpoenas are not optional,” House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said at the hearing, McGahn’s empty seat directly in his view. “The president has taken it upon himself to intimidate a witness who has a legal obligation to be here today. This conduct is not remotely acceptable".

http://www.yahoo.com/news/mc-gahn-defies-subpoena-as-house-dems-weigh-trumps-impeachment-152816742.html

no photo
Tue 05/21/19 12:23 AM

What about all the democrats who aren't politicians? Why would they only be concerned with how others might vote?

I am a democrat. I care about being HUMANE. And if I KNEW that every 'illegal' planned to vote republican, it wouldn't change the way I feel about that issue.

Mrs. H, I'm sure you already know this. But Republicans are becoming fewer and fewer by the year. They don't want to identify themselves as Republicans anymore. Many would rather identify as independent. I've heard several different people talk about this. My own son, he's 22.

He doesn't like the way the Republican party has become. He says that too many people are sliding too far right. They've slid so far to the right that they sound crazy. Believe crazy things. As for him, he doesn't want to be identified as being part of that group. But, at the same time, he doesn't want to be called a Democrat either.

He said that many of his age wanted things to be in the middle. He said that to him the only thing left that hadn't gone off its rocker was Independent.

But, on the other side of that, there are the diehard Republicans. The diehard Republicans complain about these immigrants. They don't want to help the immigrants at all. And they get pissed off because the Democrats will. They try to say that the Democrats are doing nothing but trying to score browny points with these people so they will eventually be voting for Democrats.

When that's not true. The truth, the Democrats, through all there failures and shortcomings, at least they haven't slid so far that they have forgotten there humanity. That's one thing that is turning young people away from the Republican party. Too many are just hateful. Too many believe outlandish tails with nothing to back it up. The Republican party just isn't what it used to be.

Just my personal thought. The Republican party took it's biggest tumble when Obama took office. That's when I noticed the first big change. They fought Obama tooth and nail on everything. They became the party of "NO" and obstructionism. And it's been downhill ever since. Then Trump came along and finished dragging the Republican party down into the sewer. Now, under Trump, to many Republicans are flirting with dictator/autocracy. And I don't even think they realize it.

People are defecting from the GOP. But not to the Democrats

"Fewer people say they consider themselves Republicans, according to recent polling. But they're not becoming Democrats instead.

That's the conclusion of an analysis of Gallup data by Marquette Law professor and pollster Charles Franklin. He found that while there is a slight increase in Democratic Party support among Americans, more Americans are just becoming pure independents".

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/politics/fewer-republicans-more-independents-no-parties/index.html

Trump owns a shrinking Republican party

http://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2018/06/14/trump-owns-a-shrinking-republican-party/

no photo
Mon 05/20/19 08:24 PM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Mon 05/20/19 08:31 PM
House Democrats release Cohen testimony on his claim Trump lawyers knew he lied to Congress

"The Democratic-led House Intelligence Committee voted on Monday to release transcripts of its two-day closed-door interview with former Donald Trump fixer Michael Cohen -- interviews that touched on Cohen's claim that Trump's lawyers edited his testimony and knew he lied to Congress about Trump's business ties to Russia.

Following the vote, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., released a statement about the release of the transcripts".

"With the completion of Special Counsel Mueller's work and the release of his report, it is critically important that the Committee, and the Congress, make public as much information as possible that bears on Mueller's findings, explain the evidence he uncovered, and expose the obstructive actions taken by this President and those who surround him, Schiff said. "It is in this light that the Committee today releases the transcripts of two days of interviews of Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen."

http://abc7news.com/democrats-release-cohen-testimony-on-his-claims-trump-lawyers-knew-he-lied/5309733/

The best parts of the article=The Democratic-led House Intelligence Committee voted on Monday to release transcripts of its two-day closed-door interview with former Donald Trump fixer Michael Cohen -- interviews that highlighted Cohen’s claim that Trump's lawyers edited his testimony and knew he lied to Congress about Trump’s business ties to Russia.

“With the completion of Special Counsel Mueller’s work and the release of his report, it is critically important that the Committee, and the Congress, make public as much information as possible that bears on Mueller’s findings, explain the evidence he uncovered, and expose the obstructive actions taken by this President and those who surround him March.

Cohen told the House Oversight Committee that the president’s personal lawyer, Jay Sekulow, changed his 2017 statement to the House and Senate intelligence committees regarding the duration of discussions about a potential Trump Tower Moscow project.
“You need to know that Mr. Trump’s personal lawyers reviewed and edited my statement to Congress about the timing of the Moscow Tower negotiations before I gave it," Cohen said.

In July 2016, then-candidate Trump said, "I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia."
According to special counsel Robert Mueller’s report, Cohen said he was instructed by Trump’s attorney to keep his 2017 statement to Congress short and "tight," and that he should stay on message and not contradict Trump. Mueller said there was evidence that Trump was aware of Cohen’s false statements to Congress.

Mueller's office later wrote that Cohen also sought to "minimize links between the Moscow Project and Individual 1," referring to then-candidate Trump.

The House Intelligence Committee has since sent letters to attorneys representing members of Trump and his family members’ legal teams in an effort to investigate the attorneys' involvement in drafting Cohen’s false statement.

Trump’s lawyers have pushed back against the request.

no photo
Mon 05/20/19 06:06 PM
Now let's deny and call it fake news.

Trump administration drops plan to send migrants from the southern border to Florida, elsewhere

"MIAMI – President Donald Trump on Sunday denied reports that hundreds of migrants would be flown from the Mexican border to Florida and other areas in the U.S. interior to lessen the workload at crowded Border Patrol facilities".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/20/trump-administration-pulls-back-plan-send-border-migrants-across-us-florida-broward-palm-beach/3738774002/

Trump administration prepares to release Central American migrants 'across the entire nation'

"The Trump administration is preparing to send Central American migrants caught along the southern border to Border Patrol stations "across the entire nation," according to a senior Border Patrol official who confirmed the plans Friday".

"Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, one of the first officials to publicly denounce the plan, suggested in an audio message shared via Twitter on Saturday that the quick reactions with alarm from local officials and federal lawmakers who represent Florida made federal officials change their mind.

"Because of everybody's efforts, we were able to stop what it appeared to be a crisis for our communities." "

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/17/border-patrol-cbp-release-central-american-migrants-across-entire-nation/3710025002/

no photo
Mon 05/20/19 05:38 PM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Mon 05/20/19 05:42 PM
Trump loses lawsuit challenging subpoena for financial records

"(Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Monday ruled in favor of a U.S. House of Representatives committee seeking President Donald Trump’s financial records from his accounting firm, dealing an early setback to the Trump administration in its legal battle with Congress. "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-court-mazars/trump-loses-lawsuit-challenging-subpoena-for-financial-records-idUSKCN1SQ29H

"It is simply not fathomable that a Constitution that grants Congress the power to remove a President for reasons including criminal behavior would deny Congress the power to investigate him for unlawful conduct — past or present — even without formally opening an impeachment inquiry," Mehta said.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no photo
Mon 05/20/19 01:17 PM
'WRONG!': Trump fumes after NYT reports on his banking history

"President Trump on Monday lashed out at the New York Times after the paper reported that anti-money-laundering specialists at Deutsche Bank flagged multiple transactions involving him and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, in 2016 and 2017, and recommended they be reported to a federal financial-crimes watchdog".

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-blasts-new-york-times-report-about-his-relationship-with-deutsch-bank-130141707.html

More blantant obstruction.

Trump blocks former White House counsel McGahn from testifying to Congress

"President Donald Trump has ordered former White House counsel Donald McGahn not to testify on Tuesday before Congress about events relating to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, the White House said on Monday".

http://www.yahoo.com/gma/white-house-intends-block-former-counsel-mcgahn-congressional-184730089--abc-news-topstories.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

White House instructs McGahn to defy Dem subpoena to testify

http://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/20/trump-mcgahn-subpoena-1335331

no photo
Mon 05/20/19 11:37 AM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Mon 05/20/19 11:38 AM
Deutsche Bank Staff Saw Suspicious Activity in Trump and Kushner Accounts

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Anti-money-laundering specialists at Deutsche Bank recommended in 2016 and 2017 that multiple transactions involving legal entities controlled by Donald J. Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, be reported to a federal financial-crimes watchdog. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/19/business/deutsche-bank-trump-kushner.html

no photo
Mon 05/20/19 02:40 AM
Trump warns Iran not to threaten US or it will face 'end'

"DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — President Donald Trump warned Iran early on Monday not to threaten the United States again or it'll face its "official end," shortly after a rocket landed near the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad overnight. "

http://www.apnews.com/e46d3bdff2bd48d9a6a87a6752e6be6f

no photo
Mon 05/20/19 02:26 AM
Romney on Mueller report: 'Really, really troubling,’ but Americans ‘just aren’t there’ on impeachment

"Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, said Sunday that he disagrees with the call for President Trump's impeachment issued by Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich.

"It's a courageous statement," Romney said on CNN's "State of the Union" of Amash's statement, which appears to be the first instance of a Republican member of Congress calling for impeachment. But he cautioned: "The American people just aren't there." He added that the Senate also wasn't there".

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-cnn-mueller-report-142312332.html

Americans' support for impeaching Trump rises: Reuters/Ipsos poll

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - The number of Americans who said President Donald Trump should be impeached rose 5 percentage points to 45 percent since mid-April, while more than half said multiple congressional probes of Trump interfered with important government business, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Thursday".

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-poll/americans-support-for-impeaching-trump-rises-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1SF2D9

no photo
Sun 05/19/19 09:04 PM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Sun 05/19/19 09:06 PM
Trump says tariffs making companies leave China, a deal can't be '50-50'

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said his tariffs on Chinese goods are causing companies to move production out of China to Vietnam and other countries in Asia, and added that any agreement with China cannot be a “50-50” deal".

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said his tariffs on Chinese goods are causing companies to move production out of China to Vietnam and other countries in Asia, and added that any agreement with China cannot be a "50-50" deal.

In an interview with Fox News Channel recorded last week and aired on Sunday night, Trump said that the United States and China "had a very strong deal, we had a good deal, and they changed it. And I said that's OK, we're going to tariff their product."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-trump/trump-says-tariffs-making-companies-leave-china-a-deal-cant-be-50-50-idUSKCN1SQ03N

Companies just do not simply move from one country to another. The logistics, the highering, government approval needed for the new country. Just does not happen at the snap of a finger.

The United States would be taking in $100 billion or more in tariffs"
That's a $100 billion TAX HIKE on American consumers, and it will hit poor and middle-class Americans (and farmers) the hardest. But at least farmers are going to get another $15 billion in welfare to help them. But guess who pays for THAT? Hint: it ain't China!

no photo
Sun 05/19/19 06:27 PM
Trump contradicts himself? Why "warn" someone over something you say you don't want? Why threaten them with, "official end" of Iran? So mature of him.noway

Trump Tells Pentagon Chief He Does Not Want War With Iran

"WASHINGTON — President Trump has sought to put the brakes on a brewing confrontation with Iran in recent days, telling the acting defense secretary, Patrick Shanahan, that he does not want to go to war with Iran, administration officials said, while his senior diplomats began searching for ways to defuse the tensions".

http://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/world/middleeast/iran-war-donald-trump.html

Trump, Saudi Arabia warn Iran against Middle East conflict

"Trump issued a new threat to Tehran on Sunday, tweeting that a conflict would be the "official end" of Iran, as Saudi Arabia warned it stood ready to respond with "all strength" and said it was up to Iran to avoid war".

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Trump-Saudi-Arabia-warn-Iran-against-Middle-East-conflict-590141

no photo
Sun 05/19/19 05:21 PM
Bernie Sanders: 'Beating Trump is not good enough'

"Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., says his presidential campaign is about much more than beating President Trump.

"That is not enough," Sanders said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press" when asked about Democratic rival Joe Biden's approach to global warming.

In a speech in Philadelphia the day before, Biden said: "If you want to know what the first and most important plank in my climate proposal is: Beat Trump."

Sanders argued that defeating Trump is only the first step".

http://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-joe-biden-trump-global-warming-150639043.html

Exclusive: Presidential hopeful Biden looking for ‘middle ground’ climate policy

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential hopeful Joe Biden is crafting a climate change policy he hopes will appeal to both environmentalists and the blue-collar voters who elected Donald Trump, according to two sources, carving out a middle ground approach that will likely face heavy resistance from green activists. "

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-climate-exclusive/exclusive-presidential-hopeful-biden-looking-for-middle-ground-climate-policy-idUSKCN1SG18G

Tell her to 'look at my record': Biden responds to Ocasio-Cortez's criticism on climate

"Former Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday pushed back against criticism from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez following a report that he planned to seek a "middle ground" solution to climate change.

"No middle ground," Ocasio-Cortez, 29, said at an event promoting the Green New Deal in Washington on Monday. The freshman Democrat from New York was addressing "conservatives on both sides of the aisle" who say her climate change proposal is too extreme or radical. And the youngest woman ever elected to Congress bemoaned the inaction of lawmakers who were warned 30 years ago about the potential impacts of global warming".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/05/14/joe-biden-answers-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-climate-change-criticism/3665930002/

no photo
Sun 05/19/19 05:11 PM
Edited by Charles1962150 on Sun 05/19/19 05:12 PM
Every time I see something like this I can't help but get an impression of Trumps lack of maturity. He sounds like some whiney 10-year old that is spoiled and thinks he has to have the last word no matter what."My way or no way."

Trump calls GOP lawmaker who called for impeachment a 'loser'

"President Trump fired back at Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich., on Sunday, a day after Amash became the first Republican congressman to call for Trump's impeachment.

Among other things, Trump called Amash a "total lightweight" and a "loser".

http://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-amash-impeachment-153829368.html

GOP congressman: 'President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct'

"Michigan GOP Rep. Justin Amash said Saturday he had concluded President Donald Trump committed "impeachable conduct" and accused Attorney General William Barr of intentionally misleading the public.

Amash's comments recommending Congress pursue obstruction of justice charges against Trump were the first instance of a sitting Republican in Congress saying the President's conduct meets the "threshold for impeachment".

http://www.cnn.com/2019/05/18/politics/justin-amash-trump-impeachable-conduct/index.html

In clash with Congress, weak legal case may still help Trump

"WASHINGTON (AP) — For all of President Donald Trump’s talk of winning, his lawyers are using a legal argument that many scholars say is a pretty sure loser as his team tries to defy congressional attempts to investigate him. Yet they may end up delaying the investigations with their argument, and that could be a win in itself".

http://www.apnews.com/49f4ff7a59054035b4d7d76c989006d1

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next