Sun 02/17/08 01:03 PM

Does anyone know the bill of rights?

Why?

Monosyllabic♥Girl's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:02 PM
hola amigo

Sun 02/17/08 01:01 PM

laugh I just saw an ad at the top of the site for chestnut trees.

OMG its a conspiracy! I see it too! No subliminal advertising therenoway

Sun 02/17/08 12:58 PM

you won't find your chessnuts in toys are us. They are ChesTnuts. You can find them in the grocery stores at Christmas. All the US Chestnut trees have been wiped out by a parasite. Our Chestnuts are now imported from other countries.
They are cross breeding blight resistant Chestnut trees with American Chestnut Trees. Our grandchildren may get to eat American Chestnuts from American Chestnut trees.

I am a Chestnut lover!!

Ok that makes #3!

Sun 02/17/08 12:57 PM

Friends add to life all that we need except air,wink,wink,lol.
And YOU have a GREAT DAY also, and remember,,,,,
Make a stranger,,,,,,SMILE.....bigsmile :heart: flowerforyou

Yes & smile to strangers! It makes them wonder what you've been up to!devil

Sun 02/17/08 12:55 PM

Lol I could go on with the list, I just picked the ones I can remember since I didn't feel like actually walking to my bookshelf :tongue:

Mono - I love Kant, but I'm not certain that I actually agree with his categorical imperative. I lean more towards Bentham and consequentialism.

I just like his take on act & rule utilitarianism

Sun 02/17/08 12:50 PM

I just happened to have some chessnuts, funny how that happens

Technically Im a chessnut...I love to play chess!

Sun 02/17/08 12:49 PM

Ok~ Im outta here! Even though I cant go anywhere.....its snowing like crazy again. Why do I like this state again?

It's in the 30's but clear here in PA. I can drive every day:wink:

I should go take a picture...the snow is so heavy I cant see across the street.frown

No snow here , just sunny bigsmile

Aren't you lucky? Enjoying the sun...while Im stuck in a frozen wasteland/wonderland in the great white north

I'm sorry flowerforyou ... i used to live around snow

Yeah i consider myself lucky :smile:

I hope it gets better :wink:

Later alligator drinker

Hasta la vista!laugh It will get better feb. is already almost gone

Sun 02/17/08 12:47 PM

Aren't you lucky? Enjoying the sun...while Im stuck in a frozen wasteland/wonderland in the great white north

Wish I could warm you up doncha know

I know it would be nice to sit by a fireplace and roast chessnutslove

I just gotta figure out where to get chessnuts!

Sun 02/17/08 12:44 PM

Bobby Labonte is starting 13th in the #43 car. Best of luck to him.

So he is? bigsmile

Sun 02/17/08 12:43 PM
Look me up if you ever want to discuss ethics, philosophy & philanthrophy!

Are you a fan of Kant?

Sun 02/17/08 12:42 PM

Portrait Of Dorian Gray-By Oscar Wilde

Slaughter House Five- by Kurt Vonnegut

^Two of my favorites^

Pretty much anything by Vonnegut is amazing, in my opinion.

I don't read fiction much anymore but some worth reading: Catcher in the Rye, 1984, Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, To Kill a Mockingbird.

I tend more towards non-fiction and could recommend a lot of books on Russian History and the Supreme Court, but since that's not many people's cup of tea, here are some general ones:

Stumbling On Happiness (A general look at the human brain and how it affects our happiness)

Facing the Extreme: Moral Life in the Concentration Camps (A historical look at acts of morality and immorality under extreme conditions to shed light on the relativity v. universality theories)

Anything by Robert Fulghum: 'Everything I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten" and "From Beginning to End: Rituals of Our Lives"

Pretty much any philosophy...Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Kant, Mill, Voltaire, Hobbes...

Wow...I just fell in love!

Sun 02/17/08 12:39 PM

Ok~ Im outta here! Even though I cant go anywhere.....its snowing like crazy again. Why do I like this state again?

I should go take a picture...the snow is so heavy I cant see across the street.frown

No snow here , just sunny bigsmile

Sun 02/17/08 12:37 PM
I was going to start crushing Chuck Norris...but then I found out he supports Mike Huckabee.

Sun 02/17/08 12:33 PM

Sun 02/17/08 12:32 PM

Hmmm you were born in it?

later drinker

Yes, 24 years ago on a dark a dreary night...lightning bolts raced acrossed the sky, thunder crashed, and the power went out in the hospital! Then around 6:30 pm the doctor exclaimed! "Its ALIVE, Its ALIVE!!!"

Sun 02/17/08 12:30 PM
Squirrel Nut Zippers-Hell

Sun 02/17/08 12:27 PM

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25