Community > Posts By > Simeron

Simeron's photo
Mon 03/02/20 08:36 PM
Im 53. I dont care about age. Not in calendar years.

I just want to be able to have a cup of coffee, maybe a meal and a nice time talking with her.

If things get serious, great. If not, we can be friends.

I have met women in their 50s that I just could not stand to be around. I have met women in their 20s that made me feel young again. Its their personality that ticks the mind.

Now, a beautiful woman will catch the eye but if that is all you are after, then you are not wanting friendship or a serious relationship. And that is fine as long as you both agree on that.

Me, I am here to try to find friends and one, just one, special lady that will make me leave here.

So far, ain't found either of the above.

Simeron's photo
Sun 03/01/20 03:02 PM
All I got to say is I am 6f 2in, A large Texas man, going around 330ln (and dropping thankfully) so if I tried to wear a thong you would never know...lol.

It would be a fig leaf or hanky only to the eye of the beholder...who would then probably be scarred for life. If not completely blind and insane.

One much understand ones own limits.

Besides, if I am down to seeing a woman in a thong, then I kind figure its not going to be around long enough to worry about seeing. *wink*

Im old school on this one. My lady will wear things like that for me...and only me.

Yeah, I know that is not the trendy thing and it may be why I am still single but, I am honest about it.

Simeron's photo
Sun 02/23/20 09:14 PM
https://youtu.be/njmCUJ94lUM

Simeron's photo
Sun 02/23/20 12:31 AM
I give my cell and my gmail address. The reason I go ahead and do that is the following.

1) I have call blocking. So I can block unwanted numbers.
2) MY cell is also my business phone so it is easily found.
3) My gmail is a catch all email and again, its easily found.
4) I like to speak to a person to know I at least have a real person. A cell is how you can do that.

Now, since you can get a text forwarding card for a cell, you can get alot of people that give you a cell that is just a number that forwards the text to a computer and then they send it back to you like a text.

So that is not bullet proof.

Just like putting the image they send you (or have on their profile) can tell you how widespread the image is via Google Images. Again, its not bulletproof.

Most scammers get your cell to use for other scams. Same with your pictures. Same with your email

So as long as you police these, you should be okay. Keep a fresh pic or snap a new one. Its easy enough these days.

And as always, never send money to people you don't know.

Simeron's photo
Fri 02/21/20 04:41 PM
I am on day 11. No face to faces. Two I think are real women. Few possibles already but, there are tells...we will see how it plays out. Life happens.

There are ways of doing some due diligence. Like checking pics in google images. Dont send money, gift cards...etc.

If the cell number you get is a text forwarding number, that is probably a bad sign though these days there are google phones so, just tread carefully.

As always, you have to take care of yourself.

Simeron's photo
Thu 02/20/20 08:31 PM
You have to guard your heart. This goes for women as well as men.

If you are serious about finding "the one" or at least a serious relationship, I think you have a pretty standard blueprint you can use and then modify the details.

Honest communication.

Never send money.

Never ask for inappropriate pic nor accept inappropriate bics.

Have some empathy with the other person but learn the yellow, orange and especially the red flags.

Understand that this is the wild west. Where the bad people outnumber the good people by a fairly wide margin....take personal responsibility.

A pretty face and hide a black heart.

Don't lost hope.

Chit chat and text is fine at the start but I would say within a week or two at the outside, you should know if you are going to click if you talk every day or every few days and both parties are in it with honesty.

Meet in a neutral location in person if possible. For coffee, drinks or maybe dinner. Don't expect more than a good conversation right off...you're mingling.

If things seem wrong.....be wary. If too many things seem wrong, be polite and tell the other person you don't feel a click and move on. Or at least let them know your misgivings and see if it really is something odd.

For me, if a woman can't have a voice conversation with me within a week, just to say hi and hear my voice and let me hear hers...that is a red flag.

Video chat is another one you can do but again, some of the nefarious people out there are into very slick, professional operations.

The final step is a face to face at some point because, that is the point of being here. You are not looking to date a text screen I hope.

Be wary, stay hopeful, because you gotta shovel a lot of dirt to find a diamond, in the rough or not and once you find that diamond, then you got to cut, polish and make it work into a beautiful thing.

But diamonds are worth it aren't they?

Simeron's photo
Wed 02/19/20 10:45 PM
I've met a few ladies here that are the real deal.

Been here since 2/10/2020.

But guard yourself too. Its the wild wild west. Welcome to the internet.

Simeron's photo
Tue 02/18/20 12:26 AM
Cleveland here. Near Conroe. Off 105.

Near Cut n Shoot too.

Where is East Texas?

Simeron's photo
Tue 02/18/20 12:21 AM
The idea I might actually get to go on a date for the first time in over a year. The possibility of having a nice lady spend a little time with an old fart like me over coffee and a little dinner.

And my dog of course, but she always makes me smile.

Simeron's photo
Mon 02/17/20 01:03 PM

Indeed remove the negative start.

Okay, I thought I did. Is it not showing the last edit?

Can you tell me what you see when you go there?

Simeron's photo
Sun 02/16/20 09:51 PM

Looks good but I have a few suggestions. Firstly I would still add your interests instead of saying they are many and varied. The ladies would like to know if you have anything in common. Secondly, I would remove the negativity in the beginning of your write up about gift cards and scamming and just start it with If you are a woman...... You don't have to say REAL woman since they already know they are real. Other than that it is good to go.

Thanks for the tips. I also made a post about using Google Images...it has help me weed through the maze out here.

I will be taking your suggestions and editing because the negatives at the front isnt working anyway.

Thank you again.

Simeron's photo
Sun 02/16/20 04:33 PM
The SnS,

Check it out, man or woman, and feel free to advise.

Trying to be proactive while still being approachable. Trying to find the middle ground.

Simeron's photo
Sun 02/16/20 04:28 PM
Sadly there are those that, for whatever reason, be it a hollow soul or pain they have received, decide to do that.

Some are after money. Some want to cause hurt. That is on them. Not you.

Guard yourself. Dont send money to people you have not met. ETC.

The women here get the opposite....they get asked for nudes, get asked for money...etc.

Its part of being in the online dating community I supposed. It still sucks.

Best of luck brother. Out here at 53 back chopping wood!

Simeron's photo
Mon 02/10/20 09:32 PM
I think it depends on the type of person you want to meet honestly. And what you want from the relationship.

40+ (I know this is 50+)people are going to have histories. Life happens. Divorce, Death. Kids, It all comes into play but, we also have the experiences of life.

Age is a number too. While our bodies are not as young and strong as say, a 20 year old, we're still able to feel, think, be young in our minds. We just have to find someone that can fit into our lives as they are...accepting their flaws and limitations as they accept ours.

Not really much different then when we were younger to me.

Simeron's photo
Mon 02/10/20 09:24 PM

Apparently feeling like you belong somewhere, in family, society, a niche etc is imperative for good mental health.

Where do you belong?
Or are you still finding where you fit?

Me, family is everything, that is where I fit and where I belong. Although we are so very different, our roots are deep.
We belong together.

A feeling of belonging....or purpose....is part of all humans to some degree I think. We are, by nature, social beings.

Some of us can be a peace alone for long times, others feel alone in a crowded room. Its totally dependent on the person.

For me, I prefer a small circle of close friends to a large crowd. Quiet evenings out to bars or clubs, to be around animals more than most humans though, I am not antisocial. I enjoy parties and gatherings, but in small doses.

Where do I belong? Where ever I am. I have come to understand that you have to be at peace with yourself before you can find peace anywhere else and once you accept who you are, you can begin to work to be where you want to be.

Grow every day. Don't let one pass where you don't learn, grow or change. Anything else is a waste.