One day I'll receive this phone call...

OMG!!! I believe I'll be getting that call next year...noway sad oops

lifestooshort6's photo
Thu 07/30/09 04:19 PM

Marge...he's your favourite!

drool

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:57 PM

I am so sorry to hear that you and your kids are going through this. My ex is bad, but I would have to say not that bad. The only thing I would know to suggest is maybe look into finding the a counselor to talk to. I know my kids will tell me a lot because we are very close, but there are somethings that they need to talk about with someone else they can trust.
I recently told my ex that if he was going to be in our kid's lives that he was going to be a stable part of their lives and be there when he was suppose to be and be a father like he should be or not be there at all. My parents divorced when I was young (I was 5) and to this day (I'm almost 30), my dad has popped in and out of my life whenever it was convienient for him. I never knew when he would show up or when he would disappear. I think this is much harder on a child than the parent not being there at all.
Maybe one day you will find someone that will love your children as much as you do. My stepdad raised me, provided for me and loved me like I was his own. I don't call him dad, but he is my dad. He is the one I asked to give me away when I got married.
I wish you and your children the best and just be thankful that they have you in their lives.

I have found someone who is a GREAT man! My 7 year old gave him his Father's gifts this year because he loves him. All of my kids adore him and soon we are moving in together. He has 2 kids as well, we have a very happy blended family. We are excited to make this move and my man is very aware at the negative father figure they have.

Thanks you!flowerforyou

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:51 PM
Thank you for those comments, everyone!flowerforyou

I have the oldest two in counselling, that is helping.
I guess I just needed to hear that I should keep doing what I'm doing.

I do love them so much and wish I could change what happened but loving them through it all I can do.:heart:

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:47 PM

Ok this one is the last...

HEEEEEEEEEEY!! I like the Coach!!grumble

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:38 PM

And I'm supposed to be studying laugh

laugh laugh laugh laugh me, too!!laugh laugh laugh laugh

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:36 PM

Toe puppets.

Plastic wrap

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:30 PM
Edited by lifestooshort6 on Mon 07/27/09 05:34 PM
I am dealing with my 11(almost 12) year old daughter, 7 and 4 old year old sons who are currently very sad/angry/depressed children.:cry:

At the beginning of June their father had an access weekend (our agreement for the last 2 1/2 years) and something traumatic happened with a family member of their Dad's new girlfriend. It involved my 7 year old son. brokenheart

He has made NO attempts to see the kids. I received a text saying "I wont be taking the kids anymore" and that is it!

My question is how do you, as a parent, talk to your children about the other parent when they are feeling so abandoned, hurt, and betrayed? I am VERY cautious about what I say to them about their Dad but what I want to say it they are right! He is a horrible father and selfish and mean but I can't say that. Can I? frustrated

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:16 PM

:heart: Do you agree that a mothers love is unconditional?:heart:

No, some mothers are terrible...sadly.

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:08 PM
Welcome! flowerforyou

lifestooshort6's photo
Mon 07/27/09 05:05 PM

Uh, does anybody NOT have a cell phone?

... wait, in correct language...

u, ds n e bdy NT hv sell fone?

rofl

lifestooshort6's photo
Fri 07/24/09 08:31 AM
Helix-Rock You

flowerforyou Good Morning, Ed! flowerforyou

lifestooshort6's photo
Thu 07/23/09 09:19 PM

I LOVE HIM!! Hot hot man! I will go and make nice dreams now. drool

lifestooshort6's photo
Thu 07/23/09 09:14 PM

noway whoa

rofl rofl rofl

lifestooshort6's photo
Thu 07/23/09 09:10 PM

laugh laugh laugh laugh My favourite!

laugh
Very good, David, now come to Canada like a good Time Lord!bigsmile

lifestooshort6's photo
Thu 07/23/09 09:07 PM

Harsh!!noway

lifestooshort6's photo
Thu 07/23/09 08:51 PM

let's play "stick up" - i'll put my hands in the air and you can blindfold me and steal my heart with my own gun....

bigsmile

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

lifestooshort6's photo
Thu 07/16/09 03:46 PM
frustrated 13 years of my 17 year marriage...I know, WTF? noway
Why did I stay so long? Because I had hoped he would come around but as it turned out he found his affection elsewhere...surprise?!ohwell

No way would I ever make that mistake again!
If that is the case the relationship needs to end.

flowerforyou

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25