Community > Posts By > Dragyn

Dragyn's photo
Tue 01/15/08 09:47 PM
I just want them to make T4. They left it open to do so, just need a new Arnold.

I only watched about 10 mins. of the TV show, I'm not impressed. I knew it was a dream half-way thru but whatever, i don't care about it. I just want them to make another movie or don't.
Just need to know whether its safe to buy the Box set if/when it comes out :tongue:

Dragyn's photo
Wed 01/09/08 09:16 AM
I liked it. And yes, the killing of the dog made it more emotional. Deal with it :P the dog was a good actor too.

Yeah, the ending kinda sucked but still, I'll buy it on DVD

Dragyn's photo
Wed 01/09/08 08:35 AM

Hmmm his talent as an actor is ok but will reserve and opinion about him as a person to see more of his role as husband and parent. Some of his public interviews haven't been real endearing. I buy very few movies but I did buy Last Sam... and Jerry Maquire for the story line which was good. But then I think Zelwinger and the kid is what floated that movie and his supporting casts have always been his strongest suite. I think with out his highly marketable looks and createing height with camera tricks he would have bombed out. If I ever had hopes of a movie career I would have wanted his agent because a lot of the stuff he has gotten has made him rather than the other way around. It is hard to look bad with great material and supporting casts.

I agree with part of this but I've seen movies with all-star casts fail. Big Trouble wasn't all that great and Be Cool! I will never watch that movie again. Everything must come together in harmony. One bad actor can ruin it but Tom is never that actor.
And he's not my favorite actor, I like Jim Carey, Bruce Campbell, Stanley Tucci, Dennis Quaid, etc.

Dragyn's photo
Tue 01/08/08 10:07 AM
I bought BWP when it was like $5, haven't watched it on DVD yet.
I saw it in theatres with everyone else. I thought it was good all the way thru... til the end. Thats where the disappointment lies, I couldn't tell what the heck happened, what was I looking at when they entered the house. Now I need to go open up that DVD and see :P lol.

But yeah, I noticed CLOVERFIELD having that same camcorder realness and no star actors that i could see. I heard the same thing about it being another Godzilla movie but if it were, I don't think they'd name the movie Cloverfield.

Dragyn's photo
Tue 01/08/08 10:02 AM
I wanted to see this movie but I think it went straight to DVD, didn't it?
That always makes me hesitant about watching movies. But I like Val Kilmer, so maybe I'll give it a shot anyway.

Dragyn's photo
Mon 01/07/08 11:09 AM

Have to agree with Dragoness. I felt Last Samurai is Cruise's best work to date. But, I did like his role in Magnolia as well.

I was gonna mention Magnolia but there were so many parts to that movie. He wasn't exactly "The" star but its another example of him being Intense, especially his spiel at the seminar. "Tame the c*nt, Respect the C*ck!"

Dragyn's photo
Sun 01/06/08 07:52 AM
Tom is just simply Intense in anything. But I'd have to go with VANILLA SKY as my favorite with him. I Can watch Jerry Maquire & yes Last Samurai was good. I wouldn't cry in it but I love the parts where he refuses to give in at the Battle or when he's sparring with that other Samurai.

Dragyn's photo
Sat 01/05/08 05:10 PM
laugh I loved it, almost didn't see it cuz I figured I got the jist of it in the previews and figured all the good jokes were taken and it may be depressing. Actually, it was pretty funny all the way thru. Ellen Page is a good actress, cute too!

Dragyn's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:06 AM
The Princess Bride
Love Actually
Army of Darkness
V for Vendetta
True Romance
A Clockwork Orange
Caligula
Crash
GO
Rules of Attraction
Oscar
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
Grandma's Boy
Shawshank Redemption

...so many. I could watch these any time tho

Dragyn's photo
Sat 01/05/08 07:01 AM
omg, there are so many. I have over 1000 DVDs and I'd say 85% are comedies. To pick even a handful is difficult. You've named a few already. I will add:

Hot Shots 1 & 2
Wayne's World 1 & 2
Liar Liar
Grandma's Boy
Naked Gun 1, 2.5 & 33.3
Planes, Trains & Automobiles

...i'm gonna stop there

Dragyn's photo
Sat 01/05/08 06:55 AM
How about TRUE ROMANCE, lol. j/k.

But yeah, I gotta go with THE NOTEBOOK, even tho The Princess Bride is my number 1 movie

Dragyn's photo
Sat 01/05/08 06:52 AM

What's funny is that as bad as what Kathy Bates does do Jimmy Cann's ankles in the movie.....what her character does to his character's ankles/feet in the book is FAR worse.

I saw the movie when I was still in H.S. and decided to read the book for a report. And yes, I agree with you. Actually it was my favorite part, reading about the squeal of the axe as it sliced thru the bone and to top it off with a Benz-o-matic torch, pure Stephen King!